Ok, so crankshaft out and she doesn't look pretty at all. Aside from all but one of the conrod journals being pitted and scored, there is some serious discolouration from what must have been the searing heat of metal on metal.
I could send it off to be machined but by then the journals would be way out of spec for the oem bearing options and it'd be hard to trust this crank after it's injuries.

Of the bearings I could get off, they really told the story.

The last thing to look at whilst I'm in the bottom end is the gearbox. I deff want to take everything out to investigate and clean the metal filings, but I'd also like to see if I can work out how I've still been getting the odd false neutral.
Even after changing up my shift detent spring, the problem was reduced, but it was still happening on occasion. (I'm sure I've been spotted running on at T1 by many of you!)
With the main gears out, I can get a good look at the dogs.

After pulling these out I can see some of the corners have begun to round off. Not as bad as some I've seen but it is more than likely the culprit for the occasional missed gear.

That's everything out of the big end, now to flip it up and get to work on the top.
First thing was the throttle bodies followed by the ignition coils and spark plus

valve cover off...

Cam housing, cams and timing chain all off..
Very happy to see that not a single piece of metal filing had made it's way up here. It will still need a thorough going over and clean to be safe, but at least there is no damage!

Last thing for now then is to pull the head off, get the pistons out and have a good look around at what I'm dealing with.
Bit of carbon build up, but nothing unusual from the top of the pistons...

Pistons out and the conrods are indeed all fried!!