Thread: From Tassie

From Tassie

Hi guys, looking forward to joining the forum. I ride a Ducati 1299, EBR 1190RX, and have frequented Ducati forums that are mostly membered by Yanks and sick of the BS . I'm keen to talk and learn from other racers, as I haven't been racing /riding that long . I race/ride at my local (Symmons Plains) mostly. Raced Baskerville, Phillip Island, Morgan Park and wait for it..........Mugello x2 . (even podiumed, *my only podium*, on a 600, maybe thats my style ?

G'day and welcome!! Good to have you here, with some like-minded track and race nuts

Racing at Mugello?? How on earth did you manage something so amazingly awesome?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

to Tarmac Talk!
    What's Symmons Plains like as a local? I know very little about it.
    Nice work on the euro racing!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Slow98 View Post
    Hi guys, looking forward to joining the forum. I ride a Ducati 1299, EBR 1190RX, and have frequented Ducati forums that are mostly membered by Yanks and sick of the BS . I'm keen to talk and learn from other racers, as I haven't been racing /riding that long . I race/ride at my local (Symmons Plains) mostly. Raced Baskerville, Phillip Island, Morgan Park and wait for it..........Mugello x2 . (even podiumed, *my only podium*, on a 600, maybe thats my style ?
    Slow98 <> Podium .... perhaps Fast98

G'day

Bears will be a PI a the end of August and there will be a couple of guys there who race pannas as well as one mad bugger who HAS raced an EBR now on a Laverta if you can get over we are all available to add to the general racing bullshit

Welcome Slow98.
    I've done a couple of trackdays at Mugello but not lucky enough to have raced. That's wicked!
    Tell us the story son.

Welcome buddy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to TT Slow98

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Nick , I'm actually Marcus , thanks for the invite .

Symmons can be a bit boring, but it is actually hard work . A difficult track to find those extra tenths. Just after the start line there is a really slow chicane, about 30-40kmh, then a straight with a hairpin at the end . 250kph down to 30kph, then another straight with a kink where the brave can nearly hold it pinned at 250kph then a sort of double apex entering about 80kph. 180kph over the finish line and brake hard into the lefty that feeds the chicane, all in 60 - 56 seconds. 600's can still be in the mix due to being able to get on the gas and maybe brake that little bit better than the litre bikes. Facilities are pretty good as it has been upgraded to host the V8 Supercars.

Hi Krakeye,
    Have a guy I know that has a tune shop and preps race bikes , just a few kms out of Scarperia ,(which is the town built against the track). He always has a hire bike, and does a package where you pay the entry and he preps the bike and looks after you all day. The 1st time I used a Bimota DB7 , didnt get charged as I was trialling the Matris set up , and later purchased a kit from him. Only did a couple of sessions as I was not really hiring his bike.
    Last year , no DB7 had to "settle" for a Suzuki 600, I did the whole day and kept it tidy. The last sesion all the guys on similar time were lined up in pit lane in order of times achieved in previous sessions and were instructed to follow the leader around to the start line and the flag drops for a rolling start . Great concept, and they explained that this way its officially not a race, even though they handed out trophies afterwards.
    Last edited by Slow98; 24-07-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Slow98 <> Podium .... perhaps Fast98

G'day

Bears will be a PI a the end of August and there will be a couple of guys there who race pannas as well as one mad bugger who HAS raced an EBR now on a Laverta if you can get over we are all available to add to the general racing bullshit
    Linden, I've already booked a couple of weeks ago. Doing Superbike on the 1299 and Bears on the EBR. Both #98 !

On the Suzuki
    Attachment 2206

Linden, I've already booked a couple of weeks ago. Doing Superbike on the 1299 and Bears on the EBR. Both #98 !
    See you there I'm #7 at the other end of the grid 696Monster Wet Bears / TwinSprints and the Mighty Frank'n'Cati 900 Monster in Bears - wont enter until we run in Darwin next weekend

Hi Krakeye,
    Have a guy I know that has a tune shop and preps race bikes , just a few kms out of Scarperia ,(which is the town built against the track). He always has a hire bike, and does a package where you pay the entry and he preps the bike and looks after you all day. The 1st time I used a Bimota DB7 , didnt get charged as I was trialling the Matris set up , and later purchased a kit from him. Only did a couple of sessions as I was not really hiring his bike.
    Last year , no DB7 had to "settle" for a Suzuki 600, I did the whole day and kept it tidy. The last sesion all the guys on similar time were lined up in pit lane in order of times achieved in previous sessions and were instructed to follow the leader around to the start line and the flag drops for a rolling start . Great concept, and they explained that this way its officially not a race, even though they handed out trophies afterwards.
    Ah yes! That's what I did. Was the guys name Francesco? A Suzuki guy. I was there in 14' and 16'.

Christian Valentini , SuperBike Mugello is his shop.

I'd love to do this Mugello thing

And some of the other famous circuits too. Tempted to go over to Thailand with Ben Reid too.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

A couple of years ago I recieved an invite directly from the Bimota factory to attend a press and customer ride day on whatever Bimota you wish. Pace was controlled of course and it was a weird track more suited for karting I guess. DB11 (supercharged 1198), DB9 (street fighter) and the BB3 (BMW engine) sweet bike !

hi mate welcome to err whats this place called again .tarmac talk .

Thread Information