The bike had a bit of a nasty front end incident, which left the oem triples beyond repair.
I'd upgraded my other bike with the IMA triples and it was night and day what a difference they make.
MUCH more feedback from the front tyre and suspension, an excellent platform to really push from.
The triples have the added bonus of being able to change the offset with the front in assembled!!
So, I was only happy to get another set fitted up...

Also added were some trick new tapered bearings..
Not much needed for fitment, just stick the stem in the freezer for a bit and after packing with grease, heat up the bearings with a heat gun.
Then with a little persuasion, tap them into place (thanks for the help, JohnnyB!!) and when they both come back to air temp, they're not going anywhere!

Boom!!

With the Bitubo forks going to make their way over from the 2013, I thought it'd be a good idea to put a Bitubo gas damper on too...

Then with the triples good to go, I could fit up the forks. For this I talked to my good buddy Rob at Well Sprung.
Rob sorted me out with juggling the internals to the new fork legs and giving them a good service with fresh new oil and seals!!
Amazing and thorough service from Rob, as always!! Anybody that doesn't already know him, really should!!
www.wellsprung.com.au

Then with the forks and triples back in place, I could fit up the clipons and new super-awesome playstation controls from Jet Prime!!

These switches are a SUPER nice product!! Really solid housing and positive action switches. The cabling is also excellent with plenty of jacket and the BMW specific connectors that just plug and play.
It even has Jet Prime written on the heatshrink! lol
Navigating round the various menus and controls is heaps easier than the oem controls. Apart from the oem controls being prone to faults, they also don't crash too well.
If you do get away without damaging the oems ones, but you bend a bar, you then need to carefully mark out and drill a spare bar for all the wee annoying screws. It's really annoying!
These are heaps faster for a quick turnaround, and I reckon pretty damn cool looking to boot!!