Thread: Bike Build Thread - Skywalker (A New Hope)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A super cool delivery today!! The last piece of the puzzle, new shock from Bitubo!!
    I mentioned I was swapping the Gas forks over and I wanted to do the same with the shock. However...
    The new bike geometry was revised substantially in 2015 tho, and with the new shock needing to be 40mm longer and with a completely different linkage, there was no way to swap it out and retain the revised geometry.

Sooo, that meant ordering a new shock from Bitubo in Italy. They were kind enough to print my current international ranking on the box too

They custom built this for me after verifying weights and usage etc, then it comes ready to bolt up with preload done and clickers already in the ballpark.

I'd already been talking with them about setup for the other bike, so they were only too happy to help out with revised settings for the forks, after transferring.

Didn't take long to fit up, even comes with a remote preload adjuster!!

Right then, with that fitted and the all-clear from the doc.... I make that just done in time for a track day on Thursday?!!

Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    I They were kind enough to print my current international ranking on the box too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information