First thing first, get the front end out to have a look and see what's what...
To do that tho, there is the not-so-easy task of putting the bike on a T-stand with a broken shoulder!

Damage report: One of the fork legs is fine, the other is unfortunately a little worse for wear.
Rather unsurprisingly too, the triples and stem have a good tweak to them and will certainly need replacing.
Happily, the front wheel, discs, speed sensor and axel are all nice and straight tho!

Whilst the front end was coming apart, I decided to take the OEM clip-ons off and get at the new throttle. Since 2015, the BMW have been totally ride by wire. This means that the TPS is in the hand grip with no physical throttle cable at all.
It makes for some great control as far as Traction Control intervention goes, but means the addition of a quick throttle, is far from a simple task!

What I was able to find out tho, was that the company that did the ECU flash for my 2013 S1000RR, offer an advanced flash for the new 17+ as well as a throttle solution to allow quick throw...
So, with a while off the bike due to injury, it's off with the ECU and throttle, and over to Germany!!

I absolutely loved the flash these guys did for my 2013, and they've moved it on a fair few steps for the new ECU. Can't wait to see how it comes back!

Whilst the top triple was off too, I thought it'd be a good idea to grind off the ignition barrel.....

The immobiliser can't be flashed out of the ECU so the way to do an iginition delete, is to keep the key and EWS antenna together, then bridge the ignition wires with a push switch..
You can buy a kit for several hundred dollars, but the end result is the same and it doesn't really save you any weight.
I normally stick mine up here behind the dash.

...and then just add a Jaycar latching, IP rated switch to the fairing stay.

I'll need to get at the shock at some stage so after removing the bent oem footrests, I fitted up super schmick Gilles FXR rearsets to help with peg stands.
To make working in this spot more easy tho, it's off with the MEGA HUGE oem end can... Can't believe how much these things weigh!!

I also thought it would be a good idea to fit up some new GB covers for some extra protection while I'm working on it...