A few more bits have begun to arrive and first up is a new air filter.
I was pretty keen on getting one of the lightweight Sprint Filters, but after hearing A HEAP of people have issues with them letting in dust, dirt and sand, I was pretty wary.
I REAAAAALLLY don't want to rebuild a motor again anytime soon, so I'll stick to a known good, BMC:

Next thing to arrive was a quick release fuel cap. In order to get my quick-pour fuel jugs to work, I'll need to nibble out part of the tank inlet.
First job is to mock up the cap in place, and texter out the bit I want to get rid of...

Next to drain the tank and remove the ridiculously large fuel pump/artificial intelligence node...

With the pump out, I was able to get in and fit a rag to the underside of the inlet, to hopefully minimise the amount of metal shards I'd get in there!

Next up, get the nibbler out and go to town on the top side...

Nibbling done, remove the rag and blow out the inside of the tank with A LOT of compressed air. I also wiped around inside with plenty of shop towels, until I was sure to get rid of any bits of metal.
Last step was a quick rinse with petrol before fitting it all back up...

Boom!! Quick-pour action!

With the front end apart, I saw it as a good opportunity to strip down the brake calipers, in preparation for the new Vesrahs to be installed..

Then to fit up the new braided lines, replacing the ABS ones, from the good guys at Hel Australia....

I'm also a big fan of the HRC mini-reservoir so that's fitted to the rear too..

I look forward to fitting the calipers back up with some Titanium cross-drilled caliper bolts, when the front end starts coming back together!