Thread: New from Sydney

New from Sydney

Hi guys I've been lurking on this forum for a month or so and decided to sign up.

My name's Marty and I'm from western Sydney. I'm just getting into racing, I've joined St George and got my MA and have just entered Round 3 of st George at Wakey. I haven't done much time at Wakey, its going to be freezing and im rushing to get my bike ready, but im sick of making excuses, I'm going to get out there and give it a crack, just use it just to get a feel for it and get my first race meet under my belt...

My bike's CBR600RR '07, I've been doing ECRD's on it for a couple of years now I'm prepping it to meet the GCRs (I might have some questions about this).

I've been riding road for years and have recently got into dirt which I'm loving, I've got a KTM450 that I swap between enduro and supermoto setups.

I've also got a Big Bang R1, but that's for sale since I'm now on a good behaviour license I'm trying to stay right off the road and get my fix from road racing and dirt.

I'm also booked into this Friday's ARDC practise day if anyone's going.

Cheers
    Marty

Here's a pic of my 600

Welcome mate. I'm hoping to be there on friday. Zx6r. Cheers.
    Mick
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

welcome Marty, got a couple of cbr 600's too , hoping to be out there on friday if i can get thurs night off work . See you there Rob

G'day Marty!

There's a bunch of us that'll be there on Friday (and probably more if the weather is good on the day!). We'll try and garage together (there aren't that many bike garages anyway), so just look for my Superbike Source trailer, towed by a green Territory. ARDC allocate garages on the day, so we can't pre-pick one.

Good to see you're giving racing a go! It's awesome fun

If you need any tips about bike prep, feel free to ask the resident brains trust
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thanks guys! I paid the extra $10 or whatever for a carport but if I can jump in the garage with you guys it'll be better. Maybe you can take a look over my bike and tell me if there's anything that the St George scruitineers would pick on? It's kinda tricky with the regs it's really not that clear.

Absolutely! Just join in with us. Happy to look over the bike too
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Absolutely! Just join in with us. Happy to look over the bike too
    Awesome!

Welcome. See you on Friday. I will be keen to hear about your supermoto too.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Zero View Post
    Welcome. See you on Friday. I will be keen to hear about your supermoto too.
    Here's a pic of it. It's nothing wild, since I use it for real dirt riding. I got two sets of wheels and plastics. I have a slipper clutch to go In it soon too. I'm still keen to do up the suspension but I can picture the suspension guys cringing when I ask for a compromise setup.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374565641.620677.jpg

Looks awesome. I am developing a real soft spot for motards. Love to get some rims for my RMZ 250

Quote Originally Posted by Team Zero View Post
    Looks awesome. I am developing a real soft spot for motards. Love to get some rims for my RMZ 250
    It's really good fun, the bit I'm struggling with is the lack of feel in the front end compared to superbikes. I'm going to go to one of those eastern creek go kart days in a couple of months, I've got it set up for dirt ATM

Thread Information