Thread: The Rebuild

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Rebuild

I wont show before and after pics because it will make me sad at how much I'm spending to get it all fixed up. Its actually not that bad

I came off on at the 4 hour enduro race at wakefield park after Nelso's bike blew up and spat oil all over turn 10.

My bike slid into Dan's bike as well. Not too bad damage, come in fix it up and went out again. The rain decided to spoil the party and went down into 5. That just made everything that was already damaged worse.

Was not the best of races as I came in first in D grade 600 on the Saturday. Pretty happy with the efforts this year so far considering its my proper first race season where I didn't bin it on the qualifying session.

Bike came back and I started work straight away. Stripped it all down and lucky to find that the GB covers came without damage! Score!!

List of things broken;
    fairing stay
    clip ons
    rear rim has a dent
    rearset pieces
    and some fairing damage

Marshy's clip ons does the job and no hesitation to order 2 replacement sets! They didn't snap on impact but bent instead which is good!

Dent in the rear wheel.. Off to Alderton's to get repaired. Rim from metro cost $350!

Got a spare set of rims for the R6 as well off ebay with discs and cush drives!

My tyre warmers were burning out as well. They were the non digital Kaneg ones.. I wonder if I should buy another set from Pete or just get ones like Kelly has which are the Emtek ones that seem to work fine and decent-ish materials.

Fairing stay off the Baxter's Engineering to get welded whilst I ordered a china made stay. For $50 bucks and $30 to weld, can't go too far wrong..

Ordered replacement bits from IMS for the Gilles tooling rearsets. Beauty about these are you can order individual pieces to fix whatever that is broken.

Also spoke to Stewie from SW Racing. My stock suspension components are not quite keeping up anymore. Bit the bullet and dropped some coin for these

Now we wait and hopefully will be back out on the track in 2 to 3 weeks time! I've booked in for more Bernie Hatton's coaching in September! Looking forward to that!
    Last edited by chubb; 17-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Thread Information