Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Action camera's

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Sydney ebikes just called me back and the best prices they can do is $199.
    Umm, isn't that $50 more than they are advertising them for??
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Yeah it is, he tried to tell me that the price on the website was a special they had and he hasn't updated the page since. So on that note I just left it at that.

That's illegal!!

I guessed as much.. They only other place I have seen them for $149 is flea bay..

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Guys I just contacted the seller of the above item. They said that they can do a deal of $135.95 for 10 units, Including freight.
    I am thinking about going down this path, was a little concerned about warranty issues but they have a warranty policy..
    What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Guys I just contacted the seller of the above item. They said that they can do a deal of $135.95 for 10 units, Including freight.
    I am thinking about going down this path, was a little concerned about warranty issues but they have a warranty policy..
    What you think?
    Only $4 of the advertised price, no real margin in that...

though $140 is still a good price

I have found them great to deal with and the best prices and aussie seller.
    Is it really worth all the messing around with a group buy to save $3! Just buy one or two. You just saved $60 by the sounds of it - $139 posted

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Is it really worth all the messing around with a group buy to save $3!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Hey budget racing needs me to be as cheap as possible

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Hey budget racing needs me to be as cheap as possible
    I can relate to the above.

My mum is my biggest sponsor

and I'm 28

Hey $3 is still $3....For someone living on struggle street I can feed all four of us on $3.00.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've just Got back from testing my new camera on my push bike...I might need some gloves fingers where cold...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry senator for posting picture from your private collection.

Come on Baddie. No need to pretend its my pic. Your husband doesn't even visit this forum does he? So no need to worry mate.
    Why don't you post a pic of you riding your motorbike? Or haven't got any?

Is that your new track bike baddie

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    Sorry senator for posting picture from your private collection.

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Is that your new track bike baddie

Liquid Image Ego firmware update.. after purchasing my ego i wanted to use the wifi using the ipod as a screen and the liquid image app but it didnt work without the firmware upgrade so i used another app, action connect and this works if you dont want to use the liquid image app / firmware upgrade but no where near as good .
    I did the following for the firmware upgrade.

Make sure when you unzip the file and save it on the sd card you rename it "firmware" with the file type .bin , dont have the version number included as the camera wont find the file to upload .

Firmware Version: 3.3.1.0
    Date Posted: 20130-1-8
    Major improvements since last release (v2.2.2.2)
    1. Improve the remote browsing speed for camera contents.
    2. Improve the image/video quality, typically indoor case.
    3. Add Underwater mode (can be set through associated APP).
    4. Charging speed through DC Adaptor is increased by twice.
    5. LED indicator and Beep sound can be disable/enable from associated APP.
    6. Support image flip mode (set through associated APP).
    7. More Video resolution can be set through associated APP
    8. Improve the speed of Wi-Fi coming to ready for operation (from 18s to now 9s)
    9. Support more status parameters reported to associated APP, now APP can show the camera battery, Micro SD card status.

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Ensure your battery is fully charged.
    2. Connect your camera to your computer.
    3. Make sure you Micro SD card is correctly formatted.
    4. Download the file “firmware_V3310.zip” from the link: http://www.weltin.com.hk/support/liquid-image/
    5. Unzip the downloaded “firmware.bin” and copy into the Micro SD root directory.
    6. Disconnect the camera from the computer, the camera will auto power off
    7. Press and hold “Shutter” button, then press “Power” button, release the two buttons when you see the words “Up” on the LCD screen.
    8. The camera will automatically upgrade itself, after the process (normally within 1 minute), the camera will automatically shut down.
    9. Restart the camera, wait till the Wi-Fi icon pop up (around 25s), then the camera will automatically restart by itself, it’s normal, after that, the camera is ready for use.
    Notes: after upgrade, you may need to set up the camera Data/Time (through APP “Action Connect”) again, the APP will sort the camera contents according the DateTaken parameter, so it’s very important.

thanks for this just updated mine now

Me too, thanks BoB!!

Action camera's

And thanks for doing mine Bob
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Here's my first play using some data overlay from the gps laptimer - It's race 3 from Saturday sprints at Wakefield

Nice video! Very crisp footage.

Special software that you use?

Dashware.
    Next step is to get one of marshy's data logger dashes for the old girl.
    Oooh that will be flash

im looking for some basic software (free) to edit some of my camera footage what do you recommend ?

For single or multiple views?

just single at the moment , just want to chop the beginning and end off of the footage .

Windows movie maker.. easy

^^^^ what he said.

WMM is great; very easy to use. The only downside is that it doesn't preserve the 16:9 aspect ratio (or at least it never used to. Maybe it's improved?). For everything else, it's actually really good.

Windows movie maker.. easy
    the windows movie maker i have doesnt seem to recognise my .mov files from the camer . It found an avi file but when played did nothing in the window on the rhs of screen .(black window ). I may be doing something wrong . will try a few again.

Check and update it first. Also, even if it shows in the preview panel, it takes quite a while to load the file. You can see if its loaded on the bar at the bottom. It won't play until 100%

The only downside is that it doesn't preserve the 16:9 aspect ratio (or at least it never used to. Maybe it's improved?).
    Haven't checked but pretty sure mine does...

where have we all mounted them ,, i currently run my go pro on the tree facing through screen .. looking for somewhere else for liquid image?

I got pretty creative down at Phillip Island. On the swingarm; under the tail looking at the shock and then off to either side, then at the rear tyre; triple clamps looking forward, then looking back up at me; the fairing just in front of the brake lever looking back at the throttle hand, and then looking forward (I had a gopro and a LIC taped together at one stage, facing in either direction, but they were a bit heavy for one mount and there was too much vibration.

The mounts on the LICs feel more secure than the gopro ones (the curved ones are very similar, but the LIC flat ones have twice the sticky area). Also they are noticeably lighter, so less vibration and less worry about shaking loose. I taped the plastic covers to the camera, then used the top hole to lockwire the camera to the bike (required for racing now) just in case.

Some of my camera angles from the weekend:

nice camera work marshy , it must have taken you another 5 mins to get ready , having to turn on all the cameras.

At least it gave me something to do in that horrible, eternal one-and-a-half minutes between the 2 minute siren (adrenalin really starts, but nothing to do to relieve it) and the 30 second siren (tyre-warmer removal time)!!

They look great!

Guys check out the new steady cam mounts. Think there may be some issues when facing rear.

No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    nice camera work marshy , it must have taken you another 5 mins to get ready , having to turn on all the cameras.
    On the gopros you can do the remote wifi switch on, where u can use the external remote or smartphone app to trigger them all on in one click. If I had more than two on my bike I'd consider trying it out

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    On the gopros you can do the remote wifi switch on, where u can use the external remote or smartphone app to trigger them all on in one click. If I had more than two on my bike I'd consider trying it out
    The Laptimer App that i use has a function to link the GoPro's and trigger them when you cross the start line

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    The Laptimer App that i use has a function to link the GoPro's and trigger them when you cross the start line
    That's pretty cool! What's the App, Jamie?

I think it's Harry's lap timer app

Only for apple I think

That's pretty cool! What's the App, Jamie?
    I think it's Harry's lap timer app

Only for apple I think

Sorry, Hi. Harry's Laptimer it is. There is an Android version out now available for Android V4.0 onwards.

Check it out here.....http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Home.html

J.

I have to say after using those replay cameras that they work great.. shoot well and clear

only thing is that they have half the battery life of the gopros.. I suppose that is to be expected seeing that it is like 3 times smaller than the gopro!

I have to say after using those replay cameras that they work great.. shoot well and clear

only thing is that they have half the battery life of the gopros.. I suppose that is to be expected seeing that it is like 3 times smaller than the gopro!
    Are you using the 1080 or the 720 ones chubb? I noticed the 720's price are pretty cheap now. I like the design of the replays to.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Thread Information