Thread: Hello for Sydney

Hello for Sydney

Hello All,

I just joined the forum and wanted to say Hi. Hope to share some friendly banter and hopefully meet some of you at the track.

Currently I have a Yamaha R6 2008 track bike and I have just purchased a BWM s1000rr track bike which gets delivered on Monday! Pretty excited about that. The Yamaha will be sold off so you might see it advertised in the near future. Shes been a great bike, it will be hard to see it go.

I average a track day a month at Eastern Creek so I will have plenty of opportunity to meet some of you face to face.

cheers

John

(Lilyfield)
    bmw.jpgyamaha.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnnyb; 15-08-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Welcome!!

Sooo a spare yammie for sale huh.. what does it have???

Hey John

Glad you could join us! Nice Beemer there mate, although I'm not sold on the purple And of course you're going from the bestestest bike on the racetrack to some dirty german, but I'm sure you'll love it! Can't wait to see it in person. Let us know when you're doing another track day - there's often a TARMAC garage to pit in and meet everyone.

Oh, and I'm very much looking forward to that write-up on the R6 slipper clutch

Cheers,
    Nick
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

The usually track day stuff:
    PCV - custom map
    No cat/arrow slip on
    HM quick shifter
    GPR steering damper
    Bridgy R10
    After market rearsets

BTW: I'm the guy that bought your spare wheels/wets.

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Welcome!!

Sooo a spare yammie for sale huh.. what does it have???

Welcome John!

Looks like Di's ol Beemer?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

cheers.....good to hear you guys reserve a garage. I always enjoy the day more hanging with familiar people.

Not out till mid Sept....think its the 15th.

Let me try and find the R6 Slipper mod write up I did sometime ago and post it. Great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Hey John

Glad you could join us! Nice Beemer there mate, although I'm not sold on the purple And of course you're going from the bestestest bike on the racetrack to some dirty german, but I'm sure you'll love it! Can't wait to see it in person. Let us know when you're doing another track day - there's often a TARMAC garage to pit in and meet everyone.

Oh, and I'm very much looking forward to that write-up on the R6 slipper clutch

Cheers,
    Nick

Hey Mick....it's me, Johnny.

Yeah it sure is. I believe she raced it last season. I understand she has the second BMW.

Hows your racing going....I have missed your updates. It was always a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    Welcome John!

Looks like Di's ol Beemer?

cheers mate - going well with a few learnings along the way Team managed 6th outright/ 3rd 600 and 1st in class for the 4 hr... all after I went down in opening lap of qualy.

Di rode that BM well. I see she is scheduled to be on the R1 in qld next week.

Talk to Senator for any guidance with it... he has got his running sweet~!
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Well done. I'm not surprised you went well.

Hope to see you out at EC soon. I'm guessing your doing more racing than track days these days.

cheers mate - going well with a few learnings along the way Team managed 6th outright/ 3rd 600 and 1st in class for the 4 hr... all after I went down in opening lap of qualy.

Di rode that BM well. I see she is scheduled to be on the R1 in qld next week.

Talk to Senator for any guidance with it... he has got his running sweet~!

Hi John,

Think you pitted in the same garage as me a little while ago. I have an R6 also and we had a really good battle in the last two sessions about 2 months ago. Not sure I'll catch you now on your new bike!

Mouse
    (Luke)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    The usually track day stuff:
    BTW: I'm the guy that bought your spare wheels/wets.
    Aha! Small world..

Those wheels were owned by veitchy originally

Well done. I'm not surprised you went well.

Hope to see you out at EC soon. I'm guessing your doing more racing than track days these days.
    yeah I have been Johnny.... Ive only managed 3 track days this year I think, and about 18 practice/ race days... now that I add it up...that is a hell of a lot....

immobilised as of monday for a few weeks then should be back out there...

Catch up out there soon!
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Welcome mate.
    Nice bike Don't worry about the names they might call you. You can't hear them over the exhaust
    You would've bought that from Richard? I thought Di was just leasing.
    What suspension is on that one?

Yes... bought it off Richard. I think Di bought the second bike.

The suspension is stock. I could do with some advice in the suspension area. I have called several suspension tuners and they didnt seem to have too much to say about the beemer. Got any recommendations of any suspension guys (or advice what is needed to make them work on the track) who know about the s1000 in Sydney?

I might be seeking some advice from you from time to time if thats ok....minority groups need to stick together ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Welcome mate.
    Nice bike Don't worry about the names they might call you. You can't hear them over the exhaust
    You would've bought that from Richard? I thought Di was just leasing.
    What suspension is on that one?

Hey Luke,

I was looking out for you the last 2 times I went to the track. I thought you mentioned you had a day booked.

Why do you think I bought the Beemer....to try and keep in front of you. If your still in front I dont know what I will have to get ;-)

Hope to see you out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hi John,

Think you pitted in the same garage as me a little while ago. I have an R6 also and we had a really good battle in the last two sessions about 2 months ago. Not sure I'll catch you now on your new bike!

Mouse
    (Luke)

Stock is good in these things Johnny.. Shock treatment rate it as one of the best out on the market...but I havent ridden one so not qualified to comment on it
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Yes... bought it off Richard. I think Di bought the second bike.

The suspension is stock. I could do with some advice in the suspension area. I have called several suspension tuners and they didnt seem to have too much to say about the beemer. Got any recommendations of any suspension guys (or advice what is needed to make them work on the track) who know about the s1000 in Sydney?

I might be seeking some advice from you from time to time if thats ok....minority groups need to stick together ;-)
    Yes the suspension has some tricks to it. The problem is most experts don't know and go down their usual path which doesn't work. It took me a lot of time, frustration and money, but finally I have an understanding of it myself and it's a revelation.
    The front is ok or can be revalved. I've got a set of revalved oem front carts if you're interested. Was keeping them for a possible second bike, but it's never gonna happen. The rear shock though has to go at some point, if you're going to keep the bike and want to get the most out of it.

When you need I can give you some settings for the stockers for now.

Ask away, I'm happy to share any knowledge I can that has been shared with me, if it helps
    Others may poke fun, but you won't care when your giggling like a little girl when that engine gets on the cams around 10,000rpm and you punch the shifter at 14,500

Thanks for the support.

If you have some settings which I can start with that will be great. I want to have a couple of track days on it to get a feel before I get it looked at. That way I can have a reference I can work from.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Yes the suspension has some tricks to it. The problem is most experts don't know and go down their usual path which doesn't work. It took me a lot of time, frustration and money, but finally I have an understanding of it myself and it's a revelation.
    The front is ok or can be revalved. I've got a set of revalved oem front carts if you're interested. Was keeping them for a possible second bike, but it's never gonna happen. The rear shock though has to go at some point, if you're going to keep the bike and want to get the most out of it.

When you need I can give you some settings for the stockers for now.

Ask away, I'm happy to share any knowledge I can that has been shared with me, if it helps
    Others may poke fun, but you won't care when your giggling like a little girl when that engine gets on the cams around 10,000rpm and you punch the shifter at 14,500

Thanks for the support.

If you have some settings which I can start with that will be great. I want to have a couple of track days on it to get a feel before I get it looked at. That way I can have a reference I can work from.

cheers
    When are you at the track next?

Rick.... please dont let another Beemer whip my
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

mind you.... that will tally about 6.....
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Haha, Mick. You do alright mate if need be you can always use the horsepower excuse. Marshy kicks my arse all over the track and I got nothing!

haha... tell that to Adam... he keeps arguing I bring a knife to a gun fight....
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Maybe you need an R6, Little Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Maybe you need an R6, Little Mick
    Oh wait... dont I have one of them... oh thats right... its vintage...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Welcome Johnny :-)

Oh wait... dont I have one of them... oh thats right... its vintage...
    Doesn't count if it's older than '06

hehe... will be eligible for pcra soon..
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

hehe... will be eligible for pcra soon..
    Keep dreamin

It only stands to Reason Rick... 09 models in Clubby..99 models in PCRA I dont think the PCRA boys will have any prob with it
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

So do spill - who's cheating in clubsport?? I thought it was a bit odd that they suddenly checked compliance plates, but even more odd that the old guy they chose to check them couldn't read the plate himself and had to ask the rider what the plate said!! "Umm, it says 10/07 sir, honest". "Oh ok, no worries; I'll just write that down".

And besides, I spent a LOT of money buying bikes that had the right compliance plates and were fully legal!

Ok ok I give...

hahaa Nick - I was just making a general statement that 08 plated 09 models will be eligible next year so PCRA should let me play ...not specifically re anyone cheating.. I wasnt there so can't comment on who what where when for the recent round.....

I would expect though that the possibility of anyone sprung would have ensured likely compliance?

next we'll be dyno testing HP on Clubby bikes for parity
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

its interesting though..... how much easier would it be to have everyone supply a PSSR so ol mate only needs to look at VIN and a printed sheet....then compliance plates are irrelevent... can someone doctor the printed sheet? im sure they could but random checks would nail that one
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Hey Luke,

I was looking out for you the last 2 times I went to the track. I thought you mentioned you had a day booked.

Why do you think I bought the Beemer....to try and keep in front of you. If your still in front I dont know what I will have to get ;-)

Hope to see you out there soon.
    Hi John,

Yeah I think it was when there was a double header a month or so back. I had to cancel my Sunday as I had something come up. I did go for a walk looking for you on the Saturday though.

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna be a match for that thing, my brother has one and had never ridden eastern creek before and by the 4th session he was nipping at my heels!! I'm heading there with him and a few other guys 14/15 Sep - will you be there?

its interesting though..... how much easier would it be to have everyone supply a PSSR so ol mate only needs to look at VIN and a printed sheet....then compliance plates are irrelevent... can someone doctor the printed sheet? im sure they could but random checks would nail that one
    All bikes have the year model in the VIN. That's not the build year, but the model year, which is much more relevant. Easy.

true Nick... but there are sooo many numbers to choose from...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

It was easy thru the 2000s, until they hit 2010 models and started using letters instead of numbers!! Now I'm all confused and can't work it out

you inspired me to check the road and athe race bikes... racer- 10th digit - 9 (11/08 - '09 model).... Roady - 10th Digit is an "A" (02/10 - '10 model)
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Mine says 9 so 09?

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Mine says 9 so 09?
    Yep

I'm there on the 15th.....

Thread Information