Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARDC 13th September

Work can get fucked. Study can get fucked. I'm going to go get my bike ready!

I'm heading down will do entry on the spot.

Guys we are in garage 8 if anyone wants to come in

Sorry for the delays today caused by me boys , had an off at t5 in session 3 The front just went and nothing I could do then session 5 at t17 I hot oil !! Now to get bike fixed again before tomorrow and Sunday! Ricondi leathers done a great job my first even off at the creek and twice In one day .. Had to be Friday the 13th!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    Sorry for the delays today caused by me boys , had an off at t5 in session 3 The front just went and nothing I could do then session 5 at t17 I hot oil !! Now to get bike fixed again before tomorrow and Sunday! Ricondi leathers done a great job my first even off at the creek and twice In one day .. Had to be Friday the 13th!!!
    Mate I felt so bad for you in the last session, on my out lap I sware I could see oil on most of the track, I had the back step out coming out of 12, but all day id been seeing suspicious marks on the track. I was going to go into the pits and tell them, I stayed out for that lap (only had like 2-3 secs to make that decision), as I came around to (old) T9 I saw the yellow flag and started swaring in my helmet and sure enough there was a bike in the kitty litter :( I raced down the pit lane and told old mate about the oil.

In session 2 T5 looked like it was hosed in oil but the traction seemed to be there, took me about 6 laps to get the courage to hit it hard though.

Hard luck mate. Was worried when I saw that red flag glad you are alright.

As you said after your first off you won't feel the need to be precious with your fairings so you can twice as not precious now!
    do a burnout

I had a pretty rotten time trying to get the vibe of the superbike pro I just put on my rear. Don't like it as much as the ntec I had on before. Spent a few sessions trying to work out the right pressure for my riding and wasn't too far off but decided to call it a day after the oil came out. Got a starting point for next time though so that's a positive.
    do a burnout

Superbike pro are a very hard compound

I use to have them and set them at 28 hot

Then tend to spin up really easily

I don't rate them. The fronts on the other hand aren't too bad

They were spinning way too much for my ability / comfort. I went out originally at 29 in the first session and thought I might have just been a little aggressive on the throttle before picking the bike up then it happened again in the second. Looked up the specs on the Pirelli site and they said a good starting point was 26 so I tried that and was still having trouble. They recommended dropping to 24-25 if it was still spinning too much so tried that but then came in after the oil.

I have some NTECs on rims so I thnk I'll just put them on. I was literally 3 seconds off my regular times :(

The NTECs I had on before was my first experience with slicks and I found the slide the predictable and manageable. Never felt like it was getting away from me. Every time these started to slide I felt like the rear was going to go and at one point around turn 9 I almost high-sided. Came proper up out of my seat. Shame I hadnt double checked to make sure it was recording as I had my camera mounted on the tail!

Everything that Marshy wrote in about these tyres in that tyre thread makes sense to me now. I guess this is what it is all about though, finding out what works and I can cross those SB Pros off my list.

Supercorsas on the other hand totally different ball game

Did any one take pics from Friday

cheers guys yeah bike was all good bit of character now lol .. dam oil ;(

ARDC 13th September

Here's a video of session 3, there's a few bikes from the tarmac garage in the vid.

http://youtu.be/zUEeAv--cpU

Ps: if your wondering why my bike is getting so much headshake, it had really bad front pad drag. Turns out I warped the pads. I changed them out and was back at the creek yesterday and it was back to normal
    Last edited by Marty; 16-09-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Session 3

Session 4

Awesome footage mate ! Nice wheelie t5 to t6 after you went round me

Nice one Rick,

How did you fit reverse shift on the Beemer?

Cool! The chain really does some weird things, doesn't it!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneg View Post
    Nice one Rick,

I'll post a pick of the shifter Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Cool! The chain really does some weird things, doesn't it!
    yeah it's a bit scary
    Last edited by senator8; 16-09-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneg View Post
    Nice one Rick,

Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Awesome footage mate ! Nice wheelie t5 to t6 after you went round me
    Thanks mate! I love being able to hang a bit of a cheeky wheelie here and there and not risk being kicked out.

I need to learn to wheelie :(

Use the clutch

What's going on Senator... You need to stop riding that beemer at the wild life park...Maybe that explains the lack of Suzuki speed down the straight...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeah, that guy stands out a mile. Maybe you can get a monkey suit and we can complete the safari theme.
    Unfortunately I can't just do a sprocket change on the BMW like the suzukis and claim 300kph on the straight. The BMW speedo works off the wheel speed sensors and the GPS doesn't lie either.

So many lolz

Done..

Lucky for you I found a few for you, Jamie and Nick....pmsl.....Fk I'm funny

I am so worried about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Thanks mate! I love being able to hang a bit of a cheeky wheelie here and there and not risk being kicked out.
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Use the clutch
    I've never really tried before so I've got this paranoia I'm going to do a Biaggi and almost flip the thing haha

its also all about throttle control.. how good are you with your right hand??

I don't mean fapping either..

I should probably get a vibe for it on the dirt at 20kmh rather than on the track at 120kmh

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I should probably get a vibe for it on the dirt at 20kmh rather than on the track at 120kmh
    Video or it didn't happen.

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Just got this one together of my second session.

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Video or it didn't happen.
    haven't done either yet!

haven't done either yet!
    It was for future reference

I'm not a wheelie god but I've found the rule of thumb to be power ups when your on the cam and clutch ups when your off it. That one in my vid out of T5 is nothing more than just pinning the throttle from about 70% and leaning back in 3rd (600cc). Power ups are better suited for the track because you just do it under acceleration and you don't lose much pace at all (only really the extra drag). But if i was coming out of the pits on the south circuit I'd give the clutch a fan in 2nd.

I got screamed at at ECRD one day I was passing a guy just out of 12, I did the same thing but I clicked it into 4th and kept sailing down the straight on the back wheel. I got the half rolled up red flag and old mate was waiting for me at the entry of pitlane.

Just got this one together of my second session.
    from the video is seems you are too focused on the bike in front of you.

Following someone is fine but look for your own entry and exit points. You seem to be adjusting the bike minutely throughout the corner which makes me think you are fixated on the bike you are following.

Vision is key for going fast

Hopefully I'll have some video next session of some nice front wheel air time!

session 2

Here is one of my vids of ardc , sorry but i havent been able to do any editing yet , the pc is giving me the shits .. anyway its the last session i did ,red flag and t17 off by fitzy. i didnt notice any oil , but i think i was very lucky as i was trying to catch marty.

Marty got to watch out for those ferraris when pulling out of the pits (around the 2:15 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxtep8M4ifY
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    from the video is seems you are too focused on the bike in front of you.

Following someone is fine but look for your own entry and exit points. You seem to be adjusting the bike minutely throughout the corner which makes me think you are fixated on the bike you are following.

Vision is key for going fast
    haha funny you should mention that. I was actually trying to film James so he could get a vibe on how he looked on the bike

Well spotted!

Here's a video of session 3, there's a few bikes from the tarmac garage in the vid.
    http://youtu.be/zUEeAv--cpU
    Ps: if your wondering why my bike is getting so much headshake, it had really bad front pad drag. Turns out I warped the pads. I changed them out and was back at the creek yesterday and it was back to normal
    Out of interest what's the year of your CBR600? My GSXR600 K1 seems to hold its own on the main straight before you rounded me up in T2 t=5:20. Rob had also commented on my straight line speed on Fri ... seems weird, maybe I have a stealth 750??? Anyway my braking is obviously complete shite
    http://youtu.be/zUEeAv--cpU?t=5m20s
    Last edited by Phat3R; 24-09-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Ardc session 3

Chasing Jamie out of the pits , then having a good session with Bill hunting down the White tiger

http://youtu.be/xejkeqKL7ys

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Out of interest what's the year of your CBR600? My GSXR600 K1 seems to hold its own on the main straight before you rounded me up in T2 t=5:20. Rob had also commented on my straight line speed on Fri ... seems weird, maybe I have a stealth 750??? Anyway my braking is obviously complete shite
    http://youtu.be/zUEeAv--cpU?t=5m20s
    It's a 07 tuned with 112rwhp. I've geared it for acceleration (15/45) to haul my 100kg ass around. It suffers on the straight a bit, im going to try going a 44 on the back and see how it compares. I'm only getting 225 by the GPS on the straight :(

Marty

It's a 07 tuned with 112rwhp. I've geared it for acceleration (15/45) to haul my 100kg ass around. It suffers on the straight a bit, im going to try going a 44 on the back and see how it compares. I'm only getting 225 by the GPS on the straight :(
    Marty
    Ahh explains it, the old Suzy says 265 on dial so maybe 240 true at roll off if all goes well. Will be interested in your findings re sprockets, I have not played in that space yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Ardc session 3

Chasing Jamie out of the pits , then having a good session with Bill hunting down the White tiger

http://youtu.be/xejkeqKL7ys
    Next time I see the Zebra / albino tiger I am going to confirm exactly what animal he reckons he is!

haha funny you should mention that. I was actually trying to film James so he could get a vibe on how he looked on the bike
    explains it then!! haha

Thread Information