Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ARDC 13th September

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    It's a 07 tuned with 112rwhp. I've geared it for acceleration (15/45) to haul my 100kg ass around. It suffers on the straight a bit, im going to try going a 44 on the back and see how it compares. I'm only getting 225 by the GPS on the straight :(

Marty
    I geared a bit longer on my bike to overcome the lack of terminal velocity, and it made a big difference. Give a 44 a go. As you get quicker out of T12, you need taller gearing.

I'm getting 250 on the GPS at the end of the straight. 113 rwhp, and I'm only a few kgs lighter than you. I reckon it was running out of puff, as peak power is a fair bit lower than redline.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    explains it then!! haha
    That's why I didnt go past him

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Next time I see the Zebra / albino tiger I am going to confirm exactly what animal he reckons he is!
    I saw the guys up the far end of the pits they are 'White Tiger Racing'.

I'm running 44 rear on the srad and getting just on 240 with 115rwhp and similar lard.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Ahh explains it, the old Suzy says 265 on dial so maybe 240 true at roll off if all goes well. Will be interested in your findings re sprockets, I have not played in that space yet.

Mine shows just under 260 on the dial (15/45) and my GPS is around 225 on the straight as well. I'm running out of puff when I get to my markers. Interested to hear how your 44 goes.

Just looked my configuration up on gearingcommander.com and it reckons my top should be around 229 so that's probably not far off. 235kmh if I went 44 at the back.

Power wise I'm a smidgen over 100hp

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Ardc session 3

Chasing Jamie out of the pits , then having a good session with Bill hunting down the White tiger

http://youtu.be/xejkeqKL7ys
    Thanks for that mate. Very patient of you. I can't wait to get a good look at my arse for a few laps when I get to my computer after work tonight.

The broken iPhone just ain't cutting it.
    Cheers,

Jamie

ARDC 13th September

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I geared a bit longer on my bike to overcome the lack of terminal velocity, and it made a big difference. Give a 44 a go. As you get quicker out of T12, you need taller gearing.

I'm getting 250 on the GPS at the end of the straight. 113 rwhp, and I'm only a few kgs lighter than you. I reckon it was running out of puff, as peak power is a fair bit lower than redline.
    Thanks nick, I will definitely buy a 44t before my next outing. I was checking gearing commander vs my logged GPS max speeds. On the dyno my bike drops off at 14,500 and limiter is at 15,000. On the straight 225 is the exact speed gearing commander says for 14,500. I'm maxing out my top speed in 3rd between T3-T4 and T4-T5, but I can actually hit 15k down the hill from T3 (since its down hill). Going to a 44 will give me about 5kph more in each gear so I shouldn't have to spin it past 14,500 anywhere.

Having data is so useful! I've picked up so much from being able to video and time properly.

I can get you AFAM sprockets

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    I can get you AFAM sprockets
    PM sent!

It's a 07 tuned with 112rwhp. I've geared it for acceleration (15/45) to haul my 100kg ass around. It suffers on the straight a bit, im going to try going a 44 on the back and see how it compares. I'm only getting 225 by the GPS on the straight :(

Marty
    Marty , What size rear are you running . i found 15 font ,43 rear and running a 190 set the gearing nice , revs just toping out down the straight and the top speed averaging around the 232 , best was a 238.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Doesn't running a 190 on a 5.5 rim pinch the tyre?

Marty , What size rear are you running . i found 15 font ,43 rear and running a 190 set the gearing nice , revs just toping out down the straight and the top speed averaging around the 232 , best was a 238.
    Thanks bob, I'm running 15/45 with a 180. You're a fair bit lighter than me though, ill start with the 44 and if I get good enough to top that out then ill drop another tooth. For me its not the main straight thats an issue (i expect to lose out a bit there), but the two spots i mentioned where a top out 3rd. Luckily sprockets are pretty cheap so it's not a big deal to experiment with.

Doesn't running a 190 on a 5.5 rim pinch the tyre?
    not in my experience, one of the first things I changed when I got the suzi

Always thought apart from the dunlops

The rest gets pinched

Thanks bob, I'm running 15/45 with a 180. You're a fair bit lighter than me though, ill start with the 44 and if I get good enough to top that out then ill drop another tooth. For me its not the main straight thats an issue (i expect to lose out a bit there), but the two spots i mentioned where a top out 3rd. Luckily sprockets are pretty cheap so it's not a big deal to experiment with.
    What corner speed are you getting tipping into T4 ? when you top out in 3rd gear .
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

The rest gets pinched
    You just need to carry more lean angle

Yeah I still have chicky strips on my rear and front tyres... seriously not joking

What corner speed are you getting tipping into T4 ? when you top out in 3rd gear .
    Max speed between T3-T4 says 169 (thats banging limiter) and corner entry says 98.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The rest gets pinched
    I'm no pro nor anything but I reckon that if the Pirellis fit a 5.5 rim on STK600/WSS, they should fit the rim on my bike too!

Thought they use the 180/60

They do this year but it used to be a 190 if I'm not mistaken

You'd be surprised about the actual width of various tyres, remembering that the profile plays a part too, along with tyre design in general (sidewall stiffness etc). Fourex ample, the Dunlop 190/55 GPAs are 188.5mm wide, whereas the 190/60 are 191.3mm.

Bigger differences are with some of the other tyres - the treaded GP rear (UK treaded) in 200/55 are only 191 wide (ie narrower than the 190 GPA). The Buffalo (US ntec slick) in a 190 are 188.5, but only 194 in a 200. And the awesome UK ntec rear slick in a 195 are actually only 191, BUT they are super high, so often don't fit in the swingarm without a new, longer chain!

On the front, the 125/80 Buffalo are narrower than the 120/70 KR106 (118 v 119). But then again, the UK 211GP treaded in 120/70 is 119, but the US 211GPA in the identical size of 120/70 is 123.

So there ya go! It's not all about the number stamped on the sidewall.

Source: http://www.dunlopracing.com/fitment.pdf

Just when I thought I was understanding something...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Just when I thought I was understanding something...

What he said

That's some info there!!

Trying to understand tyres and suspension is going to be the death of me.

Thread Information