Thread: 25% off Crash knobs - Frame Sliders Till End of September

25% off Crash knobs - Frame Sliders Till End of September

Stilk torn between having them or not having them for the track

PP Tuning low profile ones are awesome

same as you chub .. worried it will dig in and flip flip flip

There rounded off and there $77 for most bikes and replacement ends are $32 a set

Marshy swears by the woodcraft ones.. just if the bike flip flip flips I dont need it to tear an engine mount out either .

There pretty much the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    same as you chub .. worried it will dig in and flip flip flip
    This dilemma has been around for a long time and in a way I wish I wasn't such an "expert" at it, but the fact is that I have tested them myself on a few occasions.

I have on hand a couple of knobs which partially ground down and one of them had the bolt bend as well, thus it has done it's job, saved the fairing and associated "second mortgage" . My last excursion was a simple low side and between the crash knob the bar end, and the foot peg the damage was next to nothing. Had to exchange them and that was painless.

I usually take an angle grinder to mine if theyre too long, i kind of take them down to just protruding from the fairinings a couple of cm's not pretty but i dont like them too long

I've had, and crashed, on them all... the shorter ones are safer IMO. I did have a slider screw my bike over once but that was one time in 7 crashes (different bikes) where it pretty much saved the bike 100% other than a small contact on the woodcraft engine cover slider thingy. Also, it usually mean you can ride the bike back as it tends to save your clip ons/rearsets from being completely broken off.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 05-09-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Thread Information