Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: What I did today...

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post

I also did this......

Attachment 1062
    You bought Minions???

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    The engine went in as I bought it. I was told it was a runner, so I assumed it would be ok. Lesson learnt, next time strip the motor and rebuild it before putting it in.
    return it for warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    You bought Minions???

My son would be so proud of you right now.
    You got it in one !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    return it for warranty
    Sadly there's no warranty on it as it was bought off a mate of a mate 15 moths ago. I had intended to rebuild it before putting it in, but when the other engine had issues, I just put it in without touching it.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    Sadly there's no warranty on it as it was bought off a mate of a mate 15 moths ago. I had intended to rebuild it before putting it in, but when the other engine had issues, I just put it in without touching it.
    Maybe you can build 1 from the broken 2
    Get yaself a manual and hook in

What are the intake lengths for the bottom and top bits Jamie? its funny how they just turn on the extension pieces for the uppers, so simple.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Keeping an eye on the oil temp hotness

20150106_121202.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Keeping an eye on the oil temp hotness

20150106_121202.jpg
    Oooo, fancy!! That would be unreal data to have. And would edjumacate people better about how water temp does not equal oil temp. "Yeah, I warmed my bike up to 60 degrees on the dash first thing in the morning, then gave it the berries!" Oh, good one; that will promote engine longevity......

It'd be great if you could share the results

Indeed! water does not equal oil :P

Will share the results if you're interested - earlier RSV4 engines in SBK form had issues with oil foaming and extreme heat so will be monitoring this closely...

It would be great to know.

Interestingly the 09 Factory runs very hot compared to the 2013 R. I haven't yet worked out why, as the R feels slightly more powerful (bugger all in it though, now I've got the Race map ECU in the 09). The R will sit at 86 all day, even in 40 degree heat, whereas the 09 is at 98-100. Odd. The radiator in the R is the massively bent and straightened one, so cooling would be way less. The 09 rad is in mint condition.

It would be great to know.

Interestingly the 09 Factory runs very hot compared to the 2013 R. I haven't yet worked out why, as the R feels slightly more powerful (bugger all in it though, now I've got the Race map ECU in the 09). The R will sit at 86 all day, even in 40 degree heat, whereas the 09 is at 98-100. Odd. The radiator in the R is the massively bent and straightened one, so cooling would be way less. The 09 rad is in mint condition.
    The reason is because of the engine casing.

In 2012, they revised the engine casing and changed the bearings over to roller bearing, they basically enlarged the breathing holes at the bottom of the cylinder and also enlarged the crankcase breathing holes in the bottom of the case walls, in combination with the new roller bearings on the balancing shaft etc this reduced friction and reduced heat. The new cases allow the engine to breath far better which increased power by 4hp. This is why the earlier engines in SBK form used to overheat the oil and foam it.

Ive got photos of both types of casings somewhere.

You can modify 09/10/11 casing to bring it up to 2013 specs with new roller bearings and a dremel to open up the ports.

The reason is because of the engine casing.

In 2012, they revised the engine casing and changed the bearings over to roller bearing, they basically enlarged the breathing holes at the bottom of the cylinder and also enlarged the crankcase breathing holes in the bottom of the case walls, in combination with the new roller bearings on the balancing shaft etc this reduced friction and reduced heat. The new cases allow the engine to breath far better which increased power by 4hp. This is why the earlier engines in SBK form used to overheat the oil and foam it.

Ive got photos of both types of casings somewhere.

You can modify 09/10/11 casing to bring it up to 2013 specs with new roller bearings and a dremel to open up the ports.
    Sounds like a shit loads of work for 4hp...Easy fix... buy a Kawa.....Runs cool....and run straight past RSV4's

image upload

He's still faster than you with less power :P

09 vs 13 engine - in 4 years its natural to see a number of improvements, especially because the 09 was the first year of sale.

Compare the 13 ZX10 motor to the 09 ZX10 motor....

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    Sounds like a shit loads of work for 4hp...Easy fix... buy a Kawa.....Runs cool....and run straight past RSV4's
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    Sold trackie....too many issues.....headwork = overheating.
    But loved the kawa handling brought another... Ã**½Ã*²šÃ**½Ã*²šÃ**½Ã*²šÃ**½Ã*²š
    ?
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Yeah , Nice work Rick.

hahahhaaha

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    ?
    nothing escapes you :P

nothing escapes you :P
    You could with your times

I can't ride at the moment so can only read about riding
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Not so much what i did today, but yesterday... an early mark from work allowed me to go to my tiny lock up/workshop to put on new levers, keyless fuel cap, size up rain light bracketry, size up lap timer bracketry, put in some new dzus fasteners on and general milling about and fiddling with new tools and parts. Mainly drooling and day dreaming over the recent Kurveygirl package with vesrah!

Not much i know but gave me my fix.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Not so much what i did today, but yesterday... an early mark from work allowed me to go to my tiny lock up/workshop to put on new levers, keyless fuel cap, size up rain light bracketry, size up lap timer bracketry, put in some new dzus fasteners on and general milling about and fiddling with new tools and parts. Mainly drooling and day dreaming over the recent Kurveygirl package with vesrah!

Not much i know but gave me my fix.
    Pics!!
    Must be cold working out in that polar vortex tho?!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

FKN FREEZING. about 4 degrees, plus windchill. I also put plugs in belly pan. Lost feeling in fingers trying to squeeze grommet in.

Ill be posting a whole bunch in my uk thread when I can be bothered to d/l off andriod.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    NFI where I'd get those. See that's why I'll just have to take old girl to an expert. Might take her for a revival trip to Wetty's when he's dun fishin and lounging in the sun.
    What year and size is the girl? Can use mine for measurements if it's around same era? K4 600.
    2016 Kawasaki ZX10R Winter Edition

022.JPGThe sub frame on this thing has been off to the right ever since I have owned it. .With the seat unit on it's not quite as bad but the frame it self is 12mm off centre . So off to Smithfield at some stage this week. I pulled it off completely and checked the lugs for damage and all is good so a good chance to detail the back area and back on for straightening.

he needs it on the bike to straighten it bagger

Yeah ,I just took it off to check the frame and lugs and give it a clean ,it's back now .So your still alive ?

yes , just

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    What year and size is the girl? Can use mine for measurements if it's around same era? K4 600.
    Thx Turtle ... K1 600 ... don't worry ... she's been flipped quite a few times by me, so I think she's due a professional straightening from Laurie.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Thx Turtle ... K1 600 ... don't worry ... she's been flipped quite a few times by me, so I think she's due a professional straightening from Laurie.
    Fx retro round 1 will be here before you know it!

do a burnout

Niiiiice!!

Niiiiice!!
    It's what I did today
    Not what I bought for way too much coin and paid someone to install it/em !!!

It's what I did today
    Not what I bought for way too much coin and paid someone to install it/em !!!
    I see we've found TT's token commie.

I got some rust cut out , not from the bike , from the top of my head . Five stiches later i'm still good looking. Wear your hats kiddies.

Shit mate; hope it doesn't slow you down any. Hang on, yes I do! Sorry about that

Should be lighter now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Should be lighter now.
    i'll meet you for breaky on the fri b4 the race . triple bacon egg roll for the bagger .

you survived the old road in the 80's you will be here till ever bagger

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    I see we've found TT's token commie.
    bull shit detector you have found

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    I got some rust cut out , not from the bike , from the top of my head . Five stiches later i'm still good looking. Wear your hats kiddies.
    Shiiit! That from an old injury?
    hope you're ok mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Shiiit! That from an old injury?
    hope you're ok mate.
    Na, all good mate, just keeping on top of things. Looking forward to breakfast on Friday though Wetty
    Last edited by stevem; 21-01-2015 at 07:59 AM.

Still building..YOLO.

WSBK Ohlins RSP40 and billet linkage, Gas canister and potentiometer

WSBK auto blip shift potentiometer, MotoGP ART dash and Front Brake pressure sensor

10947866_10204672612074011_915652194_n.jpg20150121_153304_resized(1).jpg

Aprilia Racing Shift poteniometer

sounds like seriously $$$$ in those pictures...

Well you cannot take it with you, & he who dies with the most toys wins nice work

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Well you cannot take it with you, & he who dies with the most toys wins nice work

most toys. not most expensive toy

most toys. not most expensive toy
    Both I think hehe

WSBK auto blip shift potentiometer, 20150121_153304_resized(1).jpg

Aprilia Racing Shift poteniometer
    Awesome!! Very keen to hear how the auto-blipping goes...

Braaaaap!! Love it!!

How the heck did you get your hands on a RSP40?!? And when do the TRVP25 forks arrive?

hahaha :P TRVP25 ... maybe, but not now. That would mean new clamps, new brake calipers, custom axle yada yada... I just had some Ktech SSRKs put into my current forks and I really haven't been able to fault the forks or their feel with the IMA clamps.

Thread Information