Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1681

Thread: What I did today...

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiano View Post
    It will be making as much as the new model RSV4 does as standard.
    I suspect Kris is talking RWHP, and the published specs on the new bike is at the crank. But manufacturer claims are often wildly different from reality, so it will be very interesting to see what the new one makes at the wheel.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I want the electronics , ha

Then again , they wont have the RR till the end of the month , so I may walk to BMW or Ducati yet. A month doesnt give me much time to get organised for Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    I want the electronics , ha
    What's changed with the electronics?

What year model is your old one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I suspect Kris is talking RWHP, and the published specs on the new bike is at the crank. But manufacturer claims are often wildly different from reality, so it will be very interesting to see what the new one makes at the wheel.
    Yep, RWHP and an APX2 bike with even a standard engine leaves behind a new RF with Marelli electronics in its dust.

Just ask Liam Wilkinson who at Mallala chose to run his APX2 bike (12 model) ahead of his blueprinted new 15 model with the new engine (but magnetti electronics)

APX2 vs Magnetti bike is WORLDS apart, even with horsepower differences.

New motor was dynoed in Sweden by a mate vs some other bikes

SST RSV4 Engine - old motor with kit cams/pistons etc - 188bhp
    New RSV4 engine - 193bhp
    2012 ZX10 - 191bhp
    1199R - 198bhp
    Last edited by Kris; 03-06-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Just ask Liam Wilkinson who at Mallala chose to run his APX2 bike (12 model) ahead of his blueprinted new 15 model with the new engine (but magnetti electronics)
    Interesting!! His new bike was supposed to come with APX2. What happened?

So, what's the big difference between the two electronics packages?

Interesting!! His new bike was supposed to come with APX2. What happened?

So, what's the big difference between the two electronics packages?
    As usual, he was stuffed around by JSG. I believe he has it now, or is close to it.

Everything - everything single thing is different. The two biggest differences I felt immediately - wheelie control and engine braking. The gearbox even shifts nicer. APX2 comes with the software the WSBK and Superstock bikes use and you can adjust every little thing, even the amount of force you place on the shifter in terms of kilograms in order for the lever to shift gear (ie do you use alot of force or a gentle tap). Just out of the box with the Aprilia supplied map its better - like WAY better

Race ECU is just not as good. I know that now after spending 3 months on the APX and being forced back to the Race ECU whilst my bike is being built.

The bikes being raced in World Superstock have the 'Black' APX2 - which lack telemetry, gps function etc but the mapping is the same

Kim, order a superstock bike from italy. You wont regret it - forget the road bike

Kim, order a superstock bike from italy. You wont regret it - forget the road bike
    +1

If I were buying the 2015 bike, this is exactly what I would do. You essentially get the APX2 for free (the SSTK racebike with APX2 and all the other racing niceties such as no key, no road gear, and all configured for racing) is the same price as a road-going RR/RF here, with none of the good bits on it. The MM-equipped bike is a lot cheaper than the road bike here, but Kris says the APX is worth the extra coin.

Yeah . but I am an old guy who races BEARS, most of my stuff will swap from my 2010 model. [ wheels and some other things]. I want launch control, and TC, mine has none of that stuff. Tho the 1299 pani has auto blipper as well, ha

Kimbo, just retro fit APRC then. Its actually quite easy If you need help, let me know.

Bet youll be faster on a your current bike with APRC then you will on a 1299

Thanks Kris , All good

Kimbo, just retro fit APRC then.
    He's totes missing the point, isn't he Kimbo?

Don't worry, I get it Shiny new toy with all the bling new bits to play with.

Come to think of it, Kris should be all over this... Mr Best-of-Everything!

fair enough! Get the SSTK APX2 already

I've got enough toys to play with now having just sent some audio gear back to the motherland for an upgrade

Woe, some of these new bikes and mods make my head spin! I'm blown away by how far things have come in the last 5 years; these machines look absolutely awesome!

Seeing pictures of this year's new bikes has prompted a hypothetical question. How much faster are these new weapons, over (what we thought were) the weapons from 10 years ago? After racing a 20 year old and an 11 year old bike over the past couple of years, I can tell you the difference in times between my two race bikes (one is only 102hp, while the other is 155hp) is about 5 seconds per lap on the GP track at SMSP. I am amazed by the technological advances that have continually been made, but especially the last 5-6 years, and wonder what a newer bike with better geometry, 40 more hp and all the traction control/quickshifter gizmos etc, would be worth in times, over bikes from just 10 years ago? I see guys jump on newer bikes and substantially drop their times, but how much of that is the bike and how much is it the rider improving or gaining confidence? What do you guys on newer machines think would be a realistic figure that the newer bikes have gained over the bikes from, say, 10 years ago?
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

I do like shiney new things , ha. I want the launch and wheelie control as I am a shit starter , because I usually end up last into the first corner as I am to mechanically sympathetic, and the front to mid pack get away while you are passing the slower bikes, and I want full gyro traction control so I dont get highsided again with the rudimentary TC that the BAZZAZ gives. ouch. Hey Nelso, Carbon wheels give you around 1.5 secs a lap advantage with no other changes

Sold the road bike hmmmm time to look at upgrading the tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post

Do tell. . Bike shopping is farn
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Tossing up an up grade to a 1k but If I do I think I want something with some electronics TC mainly... I'm actually loving the CBR 600 at the moment so a 675r ore a 636 could be on the cards.
    my next track days on the 10th August where a mate is giving me a session on his R1m so that could change things a little ... Lol

Have I got a deal for youuuuuuuu!!

Seriously though. I'm just about to advertise a just-converted 2013 RSV4, 5k road kms, Austin Racing exhaust, new 520 DID ERV3 chain/sprockets, clip-ons, levers, etc. APRC (traction control, launch control, wheelie control). Latest software. $12,500. Pics to follow

where a mate is giving me a session on his R1m so that could change things a little ... Lol
    Whoa!! What an opportunity! Feedback needed!!

Have I got a deal for youuuuuuuu!!

Seriously though. I'm just about to advertise a just-converted 2013 RSV4, 5k road kms, Austin Racing exhaust, new 520 DID ERV3 chain/sprockets, clip-ons, levers, etc. APRC (traction control, launch control, wheelie control). Latest software. $12,500. Pics to follow
    Interested let me know.

What I did today,

Wet track Lee?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    Wet track Lee?
    Morning was wet, but came good in the afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Morning was wet, but came good in the afternoon
    What did you think of the track?? Good, yeah? How's Crash Corner?

What did you think of the track?? Good, yeah? How's Crash Corner?
    Track is good, great levels of grip, massive elevation.
    Crash corner is "interesting" but it was the last corner before start finish straight that foxed me lol

Sooooo jelly!! Sounding like great fun.
    All the best for Quali/Race!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

What I did not today but Saturday.....

Turn three (crash corner) high side on some second hand radiator fluid!!!

No camera footage sorry, but all accounts are vertical superman 2m in air landing on other right leg or hip

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    the last corner before start finish straight that foxed me lol
    Finally got that one sussed after 3 years of going there, it's the top straight and keeping the front wheel down over the dip that keeps me on my toes, it's so quick to want to flip, crash corner just felt great from Friday on
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Holy shit mate. Not good. Wish you a speedy recovery.
    Sorry to say mate. You came out a lot worse then me after my high side at turn 12. Take care mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Breesey View Post
    Turn three (crash corner) high side on some second hand radiator fluid!!!
    Yes I heard someone's radiator cap didn't get refitted correctly after scrutineering, apparently you could hear it hissing back in the pits, just something else to pay attention to when getting ready to race :-/

your Xray looks nasty I hope your up and about ASAP
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Thinking of penning a letter to st george re scrutineering, just a note maybe the scrutes can ensure the rad cap is replaced properly after they have checked the water.. Was a D grade rider who lost his rad cap.. ( perhaps stressed and forgot in his haste to put his bike back together ) this kind of thing shouldnt happen, just a tweak of the system is all thats required to make sure it never happens again

Just got off the phone with Lee!! Noooooo, sorry to hear about the crash Aaron.
    That's a heck of an x-ray tho! Still in much pain lr have they gor you jacked up??
    Sucks about the radiator cap, not something on the usual list to check for most I guess... :(
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Thinking of penning a letter to st george re scrutineering, just a note maybe the scrutes can ensure the rad cap is replaced properly after they have checked the water.. Was a D grade rider who lost his rad cap.. ( perhaps stressed and forgot in his haste to put his bike back together ) this kind of thing shouldnt happen, just a tweak of the system is all thats required to make sure it never happens again
    I think there may be a few letters being penned re Broady - like not black flagging Windy and leaving him on track with smoke pouring from his bike for almost three laps which eventually led to his high side... Very very poor

It does suck especially something so preventable. If they want to inspect lock wiring then it contradicts that buy inspecting only water is in radiator and not checking that the radiator cap I properly lock wired. Anyways that's my winge.
    Ps loved the track. Got some decent laps down on the Friday it's just a shame I couldn't put them into action on race days.

Yep, and i can say that it was a shit load/full radiator capacity fluid loss at t3. I went through it first and was close to preceeding Breesey on the side of the track. Slippiest "water" i have ever hit. Lee and i were both gesturing to the marshals to stop the session.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

It was ridiculously slippery for "water" that's for sure. Anyway, first world problem. Lol. Back in the saddle in no time...

It was ridiculously slippery for "water" that's for sure. Anyway, first world problem. Lol. Back in the saddle in no time...
    Lets hope so iron man! You were flying on Friday 1:04 btw, for your first time at Broadford that's moving IMO

Sucks to hear about all these crashes, heal up fast fellas.

For those of us without a medical degree, what is going on in that x-ray?
    Broken/dislocated I've got no idea? Pretty sure it's a pelvis?

That ball thing on the lhs should be connected to the femur (large leg bone) very broken.

Breesey sorry to hear man; rest up mate.

Get well soon mate; that sucks. I feel your pain

Looking like a bike now..Attachment 1283
    good to see its all coming together Kris. Cant wait to hear how it rides

2015 MV AGUSTA F3 800
    2010 RSV4 FACTORY (TRACK BIKE)
    2007 KTM 300EXC

2005 CBR1000RR (TRACK BIKE SOLD)
    2004 KTM125SX (SOLD)
    2008 YAMAHA R1 (CRASHED)
    2002 YAMAHA R6 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    exactly stu, the reason why they mandate lockwiring all your components is to ensure that it's all torqued up and locked in place. Having to rip your bike apart in a rush at the track increases the risk of something like this happening. Were they still actually testing the fluid? If the slippery fluid passed their test then the whole thing's a waste of time anyway

I went to SMSP today , and for the first time in 9 months back on big 95. happy with everything , especially after Al Samuels O/Hd the front end. The only downside was my son was taken out by an idiot who decided that 1 foot of tarmac between he and the grass was the perfect place to pass. All good though , my son ran over his leg and probably broke it ,

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    I went to SMSP today , and for the first time in 9 months back on big 95. happy with everything , especially after Al Samuels O/Hd the front end. The only downside was my son was taken out by an idiot who decided that 1 foot of tarmac between he and the grass was the perfect place to pass. All good though , my son ran over his leg and probably broke it ,
    Good to hear you're back on the big girl, Kimbo

Thread Information