Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1681

Thread: What I did today...

whaaaaaa ?????

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    The mrs just sent me this it looks like my new fairings have arrived from Marshy.... soon i will have a pretty bike

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    OMG that is the cutest puppy!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Got the new fairings installed, already had a newish tail so just the upper and lower i was very happy with the fit and it was a easy install I will run it down at wakefield this friday if the weather holds off so they mould to the bike a bit then paint next week just going to go all blue.

What I did today?

Got me numbers done .... 699.

Bring on the weekend!

image.jpg

Nice one! They look like a good fit, where are you getting them painted? Or are you doing it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Button699 View Post
    What I did today?

Bring on the weekend!

image.jpg
    That reminds me... numbers and red vinyl... Can't wait for raceday!

Quote Originally Posted by Button699 View Post
    What I did today?

Bring on the weekend!
    Looks tops mate

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Nice one! They look like a good fit, where are you getting them painted? Or are you doing it yourself?
    The old beer currency with the panel beaters near my work they get on the cans at lunch so the trick is to get the parts to them early with the hopes of them being painted before they start drinking lol.

The beer economy is indeed a wonderful and profitable industry for both the drinker and drink giver. I need to find someone I can swap beer for paint with... Be interested to see the results, hopefully gets painted before too many beers eh?

All done with a couple of days to spare, I'll pick up some numbers off Jan at sign in on Saturday :-)

PB020193.JPGPB020195.JPGPB050224.JPGPB050226.JPGPB050227.JPGPB030198.JPG
    Last edited by Mstevo; 05-11-2015 at 09:41 PM.
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

What I did today...

Yiewww!! Nice job, mate.
    Came up looking a treat.
    How are you at Pepsi logos?
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Noice & colour koordinated!

New tow vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added some DDS pressurised cartridges

20151109_200207.jpg

New model Hilux SR5

Very slick.

Disappointing they don't do an Extra Cab in Auto or I'd have one.

Went with the lift up canopy this time, not sure I'll get gear for two guys in it. Looks like I'm in the market for an enclosed trailer with storage ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Added some DDS pressurised cartridges

20151109_200207.jpg
    I like this! Christmas is just around the corner hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Went with the lift up canopy this time, not sure I'll get gear for two guys in it. Looks like I'm in the market for an enclosed trailer with storage ...lol
    Nice pick-up, mate! Looks awesome.
    Yeah, I could only manage one bike and the kit on mine...
    http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...ght=ready+ramp

Wow ingenious set up Sicko🏻 part of me wants the Inclosed anyway so my bikes not sitting out the front of my house open to prying eyes .lona trailer ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Wow ingenious set up Sicko part of me wants the Inclosed anyway so my bikes not sitting out the front of my house open to prying eyes .lona trailer ready to go.
    Yeah, security was deff a consideration for me too. Going interstate is much trickier if the bike and gear is open to the elements etc!
    I moved house tho and now have the room for a trailer so the gear stays in there all the time.

Oil change and put a fresh Dunlop on the front for wakefield next week. The painters ran out of time so it looks like im running the bike in gel coat.

And for anyone that's interested this is how i made the tail solid so it wouldn't flex and flop around

its just a bit of alloy flat bar bent up with a well nut in the centre it makes it a whole lot better if you have a gopro mounted on the tail.

And for anyone that's interested this is how i made the tail solid so it wouldn't flex and flop around
    Niiiiice!! All R6s should have one

So good!! What's the refit plan??

What I did today...

And for anyone that's interested this is how i made the tail solid so it wouldn't flex and flop around.
    its just a bit of alloy flat bar bent up with a well nut in the centre it makes it a whole lot better if you have a gopro mounted on the tail.

I NEED to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I NEED to do this!
    Its bloody easy i could probs knock up one for you as i already have one to copy.

Mates got a ally fabrication shop, shelving, carpet, cage it, lights,, going to town, already have 2 kaneg stands fitted ready for wakefield on Thursday.. the best thing is u can go on holidays with the bride and a bike.

Looks fantastic mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Builda View Post
    Mates got a ally fabrication shop, shelving, carpet, cage it, lights,, going to town, already have 2 kaneg stands fitted ready for wakefield on Thursday.. the best thing is u can go on holidays with the bride and a bike.
    Love to see how the fitout go's

Had my second ride day on my zx10r. Managed a 46.4 by the end of the day. Still got 2 more days to go! can't seem to get the quick shifter working though :(

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Had my second ride day on my zx10r. Managed a 46.4 by the end of the day. Still got 2 more days to go! can't seem to get the quick shifter working though :(
    Awesome mate!! I guess you're liking the green machine then.

Is it one of our shifters?

Quick revalve of the 30mm NIX carts in the racebike. I've not actually worked on any before. I can see why cavitation would potentially be an issue, just looking at the design. But I liked the feel of them on the bike (surprisingly, as I didn't expect to). Except they were under-sprung and over-damped, so nothing like a bit of late-night action before the track day making big changes. Just finished now. Still got a few hours to sleep

They are very very easy to work on! That bit of the design is tops.

Sleep is the enemy Nick. You guys scored with the weather!

That was a late finish nick, glad I left you alone mate.
    Hope the changes made, got the feel you were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Quick revalve of the 30mm NIX carts in the racebike. I've not actually worked on any before. I can see why cavitation would potentially be an issue, just looking at the design. But I liked the feel of them on the bike (surprisingly, as I didn't expect to). Except they were under-sprung and over-damped, so nothing like a bit of late-night action before the track day making big changes. Just finished now. Still got a few hours to sleep

They are very very easy to work on! That bit of the design is tops.

Nice work!! How did you go with the tools?? Are they not all different for 30mm internals?

Took mine over to have the suspension upgrades done

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Awesome mate!! I guess you're liking the green machine then.

Is it one of our shifters?

Came with a bazzaz zfi unit with qs. We did the 90 deg stuff with the Rearsets and the like. Adjusted it again this morning still didn't work.

Seems to only work short shifting at lower throttle openings/revs. Current suspect is incorrect kill timing per gear based off some talking to people / googling

Don't suppose anyone knows what kill timing to run on a bazzaz qs on a 2011 zx10r?

Set them back to stock (there's a reset somewhere) and they'll be pretty close I think... I played around with the kill times on the ZX6R and there really wasn't much in it. Shortest I have is 45ms from 5th to 6th I think. Any lower and it becomes a lottery. It sort of works progressively too as in more kill time the lower the gear.. so if you have 1st->2nd at say 50ms, you'll have a bad time.

Came with a bazzaz zfi unit with qs.
    Ah, so there's your problem

Seriously though, they usually work fine, right up until the micro switch fails. As Ed said, it sounds like kill times. You shouldn't be too far off with 55ms across the board. maybe up to 65ms in the lower gears and down to 50 in the higher gears. But like Ed said, if there's a reset button, use it!

Nice work!! How did you go with the tools?? Are they not all different for 30mm internals?
    I had to grind down the teeth on my favourite Ktech cart removal tool (again), but once I'd done that it was same same as normal open carts.

But I discovered today that the changes I made were not good It was undersprung and overdamped, and I went too far the other way and made it underdamped and oversprung. They seem to be more sensitive to adjustment than other cartridges I've worked on. But they weren't really right before anyway; they were initially too soft but then too harsh in the middle of the stroke, then didn't have enough bottoming resistance. More R&D is needed.... in consultation with our team Superbike Source Racing suspension guru, Rob from Well Sprung Motorcycle Suspension. Rob's on the case for a better shim stack solution. And I reckon I'll split the difference on the spring rate: I went from 1.025 to 1.1, and I think 1.05 or 1.075 would've been better, with the valving doing a better support job.

Revalving the Ktech front and rear. See if I can get a bit more control

Took Marshys advice and threw a dunlop on the front and went to wakefield today 2nd time down there and started pulling 1.10s was pumped as best i could manage was 1.13s last time there. That front tyre rocks. ☺☺

Dunlop front FTW!

Reckon I have figured out the issue with the quickshifter. Bike seems to some times lose what gear it's in and the gear indicator (oem in dash) goes blank. Whenever gear position is blank no quickshift I assume as the Bazzaz reads the gear position to use different kill times.

Got NFI why the gear indicator goes blank. Will have to spend some more time checking wiring and perhaps disconnecting the Bazzaz unit entirely to check it out. Maybe see if theres a gear position sensor on it that may need replacing or something??? Not finding much with google which is a tad annoying

Just finished up 3 days at PI and really enjoyed the ZX10 other than the lack of quickshifter. Struggled a bit adapting to the new bike and trusting the front but still got some 44's which i'm pretty pumped with.

Hard to say... the ZX6R has a gear indicator standard and it works fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Revalving the Ktech front and rear. See if I can get a bit more control
    Ooooh, what ya changing/chasing??

Took Marshys advice and threw a dunlop on the front and went to wakefield today 2nd time down there and started pulling 1.10s was pumped as best i could manage was 1.13s last time there. That front tyre rocks. ☺☺

Yieww!! Well done mate!

Just finished up 3 days at PI and really enjoyed the ZX10 other than the lack of quickshifter. Struggled a bit adapting to the new bike and trusting the front but still got some 44's which i'm pretty pumped with.
    Well done mate!! Saw some pics on FB, looked like a lot of fun down there!!

Ooooh, what ya changing/chasing??
    Trying to work with the progressive design of the rear link and getting more control on the front end when I'm braking

Thread Information