Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: What I did today...

I need to know how to do keyless for the yammie without locking myself out! Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Niice Rick!! Can you talk me through the throttle spring mod? I'd love to lighten mine a bit too - the yammie ones are too heavy also, particularly seeing as they aren't actually physically turning the butterflies!!
    Not sure how the R6 spring is mounted on the throttle bodies Nick.
    On mine I had made, that little alloy wedge which bolts against the cable bracket. It allowed me to release the spring from its position and rest against my bracket. Taking about a third of a turn out of the spring.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Got it, thanks Rick. I figured it was that bracket, but just wanted to check. I honestly haven't looked at the yammie one for a while, so I'll take a squiz....
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Got it, thanks Rick. I figured it was that bracket, but just wanted to check. I honestly haven't looked at the yammie one for a while, so I'll take a squiz....
    No worries. I'm second guessing myself, and hoping I haven't gone too light
    The beemer is a major job to pull the airbox, upper injectors etc. The upside is I got to give everything a good check and clean and found a few things to sort now better than later.

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by Mazabuzz View Post
    So what if i can produce production detail drawings, would that help?
    Sorry for the late reply Mario. yeah can do depending on what you want. take some pics / send some drawings.. will have a look
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Stripped the bike ready to go to RAM

First base coat of the wheels. Stupid wind prevented me from doing the rear properly. Going to have to rub it back and sort it out.

Looks great!!! I'm gonna have a go at my wheels sometime soon.....

White primer is the base for the bright coloured wheels that will be coming along.

Just setting up the MV stand at the Expo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this

should have paid for the extra get Marshy to fit it service, I suck at it

That looks awesome dude!
    do a burnout

I didn't think you could get the '9' plate though. Can you race with that?
    do a burnout

Did you get new fairings?

Can't register 9 but I'm just going to try and enter it in races next year if I still have the zook

Why didnt you go with another number?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazabuzz View Post
    Why didnt you go with another number?
    number board is too small and I'm ditching the Jordan theme

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    this
    Looks awesome ... and shiny! So tell more ... how/who painted? No way you'll get a single digit for StG racing ... a two digit and use that smaller font Marshy did for mine would fit.

Pretty sure stu23 ran the number 9

I don't own it happy to change

Looks awesome

Finally after 19 days in customs I got my Bonamici rear sets. So easy to put on took me longer to get the old ones off. I'm very happy with them. I Did however forget to order the brake switch :(

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Looks awesome ... and shiny! So tell more ... how/who painted? No way you'll get a single digit for StG racing ... a two digit and use that smaller font Marshy did for mine would fit.
    I'm changing to double dig pain in the arse getting three across the front.
    do a burnout

Can't register 9 but I'm just going to try and enter it in races next year if I still have the zook
    Do tell... what are you getting next, Andrew? There's always room for another ZX6R... hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    They are superbikesource fairings based on a design I drew up with Marshy (combination of my very average MS paint & his photoshop)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Do tell... what are you getting next, Andrew? There's always room for another ZX6R... hahahaha
    It's a secret, but I'm looking at an 08 :P

this

Looks fantastic mate!!!

It's a secret, but I'm looking at an 08 :P
    Sweet! Plenty of 08 plated 2009 model ZX6Rs out there

Sneak peek of the next years colours on the tail

Last edited by chubb; 22-11-2013 at 08:08 AM.

My one off BMW battery tray was waiting at home for me.
    Found it in the UK. The company made a prototype (this one) and never took it to production.

Last edited by senator8; 27-11-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    My one off BMW battery tray was waiting at home for me.
    Found it in the UK. The company made a prototype (this one) and never took it to production.

That's pretty legit!
    do a burnout

Work of art!!!

What I did today...

Bought some carbon fibre panel. Made ignition and fan switch block for the BMW. Suzuki next. Want to find some waterproof switches though.

Also had 3mm ring made and pressed onto the end of my exhaust can to comply for scrutineering. They've pulled me up on it twice now., and safety first in any case.

Last edited by senator8; 15-12-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Funny... I made a carbon fibre triple clamp cover and fitted it.......

Repaired the air box cover on the R6 and refitted it.

Swapped the bike over to race shift. (That should make for an interesting first couple of days!!!!)

Did the Annitori ignition coil bypass. Thanks Marshy and BoB.

Removed the awesome Panda fairings and stripped all of the stickers off for a sanding, ready to drop back in to the moulds at Racers edge this week.

And went shopping for some tasty Carbonin parts for the new year...

Attachment 344Attachment 345

Ooooh nice CF!

I'm still trying to sort out the electrical gremlins.

Very close to throwing the towel in and dropping the bike off to an auto electrician

Nice Jamie. I've got a 2013 seat unit and some updated graphics for the new year
    A few days at Protech on the dyno this week

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Ooooh nice CF!

I'm still trying to sort out the electrical gremlins.

Very close to throwing the towel in and dropping the bike off to an auto electrician
    Honestly Rancell. Auto electrics can be a major PITA. with DC everything always seems to be related to something else so troubleshooting can be a complete headf**k.

I'm so stoked that you got the HM dash though. I kinda have to buy one now. It was on my Christmas list but seems to have slipped near the bottom.

Have you set it all up yet ? Comments ??

J.
    Last edited by Saturnalian; 15-12-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Nice Jamie. I've got a 2013 seat unit and some updated graphics for the new year
    A few days at Protech on the dyno this week
    Oh, i almost forgot.
    Speaking of seats.... Ordered one of these babies. Guess i'll need a different tail section now

Attachment 346Attachment 347

Can you see whats happening here Rick ?
    It seems to be running more and more away from being a practical road/track/ race bike with each new purchase....

Perfect! So long as you enjoy it. Don't listen to the haters

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Honestly Rancell. Auto electrics can be a major PITA. with DC everything always seems to be related to something else so troubleshooting can be a complete headf**k.

I'm so stoked that you got the HM dash though. I kinda have to buy one now. It was on my Christmas list but seems to have slipped near the bottom.

Have you set it all up yet ? Comments ??

J.
    Yeah it is a headache!!!

The HM dash works a treat.

Butttt the stock dash has all the diag functions to try sort out these gremlins!!

Hopefully I won't have any trouble this coming Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Yeah it is a headache!!!

The HM dash works a treat.

Butttt the stock dash has all the diag functions to try sort out these gremlins!!

Hopefully I won't have any trouble this coming Thursday.
    Do you need to borrow a dash to help you sort it out ?
    As long as you don't mind looking at one that has just clicked over 21000 Km's.....
    WTF- When did i do all of those ?

J.

Well I went through all the wiring with a wiring diagram and a fine tooth comb over the weekend.

Everything is meant to be where it all says. Bike starts fine idles well. Went through the gears on the stand couldn't replicate the issue I had last Thursday.

See what happens on Thursday at SMP whether the bike dies out while riding or not.

FI light comes on when the bike dies and if the bike doesn't die, comes on just as I turn the key off.

I get error codes 64, 72, 0

Which in the service manual means nothing as it doesn't exist!!!

Bah
    ????

Also had 3mm ring made and pressed onto the end of my exhaust can to comply for scrutineering. They've pulled me up on it twice now., and safety first in any case.

where did you get that done?

I'm running a danmoto as well

where did you get that done?

I'm running a danmoto as well
    Engineering place up Taree. Wetty also got his done down there

ah, not very convenient for me, Will have to ring around some exhaust places before round 1

Might as well just post the can... Can't be more than $10 each way

Ed you are more than just a pretty face, the can weighs F all.
    Rick can you send me the shop details?

Ed you are more than just a pretty face, the can weighs F all.
    Rick can you send me the shop details?
    Can you read this?
    Just a note: I may put a small rivet or bolt though the bottom of the ring to make sure it never comes off.

Bought a mule for $157 inc delivery to move my shit from car to garage and back ... dem boxes was gittin heavy.

http://www.themule.com.au
    Last edited by Phat3R; 17-12-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Can you read this?
    Just a note: I may put a small rivet or bolt though the bottom of the ring to make sure it never comes off.
    Guessing you have an aversion to typing.lol
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Thread Information