Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: St George round 5 & 6 Eastern creek 2/3 November

My favourite picture of the meet so far ... James who's blue bike is that ... back there??? So where's that video you took ... hope that camera was rear facing ...

EC 3-11-13 (1585).jpg
    Thanks to Ray Oxford for these ...

lololololol
    do a burnout

That's a top shot, Rick!! Nice body position
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post

Yep, it reminds me of one of those cool MotoGP riders!!

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    lololololol
    OK ... so it's more of an optical illusion ... James was in front of me way more often ... I think this shot was at T2 when I snuck through on the inside at T1 after James was blocked on the outside because his ole sparring partner #51 hit a false neutral and pushed them both wide ... I was still chuckling to myself most of that lap ... pure luck I was far enough back to take advantage and zoom up the inside.

So to my fellow garage buddies of the meet ... James & Dan ... where's that video footage ??? Dan you should have some spectacular stuff for N18, plus a few rounding me up pretty quickly too???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post

hahahaaaa love it... I need a protractor with that calibration
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Better than my wheel nut inspection body position shot from Sat ... eh !!!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Ray takes some good photties ... but the best ones are those with a few competitors behind ya

Poor James had the worst luck in terms of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and being blocked. We had a discussion about preferred starting positions in the pack and reckon far left is the best as we seemed to get better runs into T1 without being blocked more often. We are talking starting in the 20-35 position mind you!
    Last edited by Phat3R; 14-11-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Is that 56-57 deg Ed? ... Lookz like on road tyres ... Q2's?

Nice, Ed. Great photoshopping to get the track edge level in the shot, even though you've tilted the whole picture left.....

Jokes! That's awesome mate

That's a great shot

Nice, Ed. Great photoshopping to get the track edge level in the shot, even though you've tilted the whole picture left.....

Jokes! That's awesome mate

hahaha No Photoshop! I don't even know how to use it to be honest. A mate showed me the little graph and I said "hmmm I'd love to know what angle I reach" and then he got a pic from FB and did it for me. The angle on the pic is as Ray took it. I know the horizon looks erm... horizontal but I guess his camera was on a angle or something. There's definitely a nice camber around T2!

Oh, and the tires are GP209 (yep, them old beauties! Still miss'em) and french Ntec 200/55.

Haha you just need your elbow down now.

Tried a few times, the rear would let go every time I got close... hahahaha not terribly but again, not fun.

Tried a few times, the rear would let go every time I got close... hahahaha not terribly but again, not fun.
    I'm determined to do it on the next Bernie Hatton day, I've been getting close on turn 5

Bernie day is good as I get 12 goes at it each session, just need to make sure someone is manning the camera when i eventually do it (and/or crash trying)

I reckon I have a good shot at old T12 but not on T5... I mean, not if I want to take it at any decent speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    OK ... so it's more of an optical illusion ... James was in front of me way more often ... I think this shot was at T2 when I snuck through on the inside at T1 after James was blocked on the outside because his ole sparring partner #51 hit a false neutral and pushed them both wide ... I was still chuckling to myself most of that lap ... pure luck I was far enough back to take advantage and zoom up the inside.

So to my fellow garage buddies of the meet ... James & Dan ... where's that video footage ??? Dan you should have some spectacular stuff for N18, plus a few rounding me up pretty quickly too???
    I just love that photo it looks like you are head butting something.

I'm slowly going through my vids. iMovie is being a c--t with importing so I'm going to find another programme.

I'll ask James where's his is!

My camera died at turn 6 on the lap I had the crash on. Unbelievable.
    do a burnout

I didn't realise how close I was last weekend while I was racing. I'll have to try to get it down next track day Ray or Phil are there to take shots. Might just have to lose a few kilo's so I can tuck down a bit more.

Turn 2.jpg
    Last edited by Nelso; 14-11-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

That's pretty close, Nelso... Only need to drop the shoulders a bit more and you're there!

Awesome photo Nelso!
    do a burnout

the lean angle is definitely there.

I will have a squizz through the photos I took and see if I have any more of you Nelso, I tried to get more shots of the people that post here.

I'd be interested to know what happens if you touch the elbow down without sliders there? With knees without sliders it can catch. I saw JC aka the Grasshopper had elbow sliders with wear marks, he' got limbs sticking out everywhere! Wonder what people will be trying to get down after the elbow craze dies down, think I saw a YouTube clip of a guy in the states get his helmet down.

Ahh here it is:

Wouldn't want to make a habit of getting your helmet down - seems like a pretty easy way to break your neck :/

Next craze will be getting your right knee down on a left hand corner. You heard it here first!
    do a burnout

Elbow down without sliders is gonna result in a nice hole pretty quickly. The sliders that came with my leathers were shockers and wore out really quick, ended up wearing right through one after a few track days and wore a hole in my leathers!

I'd be interested to know what happens if you touch the elbow down without sliders there? With knees without sliders it can catch. I saw JC aka the Grasshopper had elbow sliders with wear marks, he' got limbs sticking out everywhere! Wonder what people will be trying to get down after the elbow craze dies down, think I saw a YouTube clip of a guy in the states get his helmet down.

Ahh here it is:
    Yeah grass insect is really tall as well

Next craze will be getting your right knee down on a left hand corner. You heard it here first!
    Ohh I like it ... yoga style ... downward dog ...

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Yeah grass insect is really tall as well
    Those photo's of him behind Marshy are amazing ... I see why Nick is so fast ... it looks like he's being chased by an alien ...

Those photo's of him behind Marshy are amazing ... I see why Nick is so fast ... it looks like he's being chased by an alien ...
    Imminent Probing.

Imminent Probing.
    The bug with elbows down ... JC could attach winglets onto his leathers to get downforce ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I'm taller than him by a good few inches but I look no where near as gangly on the bike as him. He must have the longest, skinniest limbs.

Imminent Probing.
    I was fleeing for my life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jashdown View Post
    I'm taller than him by a good few inches but I look no where near as gangly on the bike as him. He must have the longest, skinniest limbs.
    He's also just riding MX style, with elbows stuck waaaaaay forward, out and up. Road riders, even tall gangly ones, don't usually ride like that.

Eh yoo. Why yu no ride like Marquez??

Marshy is fast because he is smooth, same as Leanne. Grasshopper is very aggressive in his riding. He is fast, but is always on the edge, which is also why he crashes so much.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    He is fast, but is always on the edge, which is also why he crashes so much.
    I keep telling him not to chop the throttle mid-turn, but he hasn't got the hang of it yet. Mid-corner, his bike bucks and weaves under him in a scary manner, and it often overcomes the available grip by doing that. Once he sorts that out, he'll be properly fast.

Definitely leave them connected. Mucho damage can result from not having one.

Back in the olden days, before tip-over switches, we used to race with lanyards on (like on a tinny with an outboard, on a stretchy cable), so that if you parted company with the bike it killed the ignition.

Like this:

Why Kev using one of dem at FX?

Because he's old skool, man

They are still mandatory for bike drag racing when u get to a certain level. There is some merit to it because it is possible to be off the bike and the bike is sailing along upright, I've seen it happen in lots of stunt videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thread Information