Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: St George round 5 & 6 Eastern creek 2/3 November

St George round 5 & 6 Eastern creek 2/3 November

Ok i have been working up to this for a year now and nervous as hell but the regs are out and i have just sent my form in , doing both days in 600 clubsport and 600 class

Saturday is the North and south circuits (depending on what class your in)

Sunday gp circuit so same as Feb earlier this year .

http://www.motorcycling.com.au/PDF_F...s_18102013.pdf

Not sure how it works when you send in your application but my licence runs out on the 31/10 . Will they accept my application pending me showing my new licence on the day?

Yes, you'll be fine. You normally show your lic at sign on.
    You'll be fine mate and I'm sure will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Not sure how it works when you send in your application but my licence runs out on the 31/10 . Will they accept my application pending me showing my new licence on the day?
    Yes. In fact, so long as you've sent in your renewal in time, just write the expiry as 31/10/2014. The licence number remains the same, and they check your licence when you arrive anyway.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I'll be racing in both 600 categories as well. First races! Been waiting my whole life to be in a motorcycle race. So excited!
    do a burnout

only just found the entry forms !! was looking on the st george site... will send them in this weekend.

for those in your 1st race good luck, and your going to love it

I got my money on MasterCard racing

I filled my forms out today as well hopefully I can get a tack day in some where between now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    I filled my forms out today as well hopefully I can get a tack day in some where between now and then
    w00t!! Be good to see you racing.

entry sent and the bikes still coming together ;-/
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

After discussions with Marshy, I think I will do Saturday as well. the opportunity to practice turn 1 & turn 10 will be good for me.

Will send forms off next week, who wants to share a garage?

Always a good idea to get up to speed, and sat is a great way on that track.... well fingers crossed it will be

We did that track in February and it was a lot more fun than I expected. Surprisingly I am looking forward to racing it on Sat. I am hoping to cross enter too. Not far away now.

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    After discussions with Marshy, I think I will do Saturday as well. the opportunity to practice turn 1 & turn 10 will be good for me.
    Do it! It's actually really cool, not crappy like you'd imagine. I don't think a ride day would be too special, but racing is a whole other thing - it was tops in Feb!!

Entry in!!

I filled in the entry form but I don't know my grade, D I guess?
    What's the deal with the numbers. I have a registered one, 288, but the farker is just about too big to fit on the bike as per the regs, should I put some white vinyl under it, plus where's the best place to get legit race numbers? Marshy do you do those with your new vinyl cutting system?
    Also read something about needing to find a sex slave for the day for the clerk of the course to be eligible to win a prize? Meh ... my prize winning chances only involve a wooden spoon anyway! :-)
    And finally I don't know Bretto's full name to put down on the form to share a garage with him, I was going to PM him but the "other track forum" shat itself into tiny little bits last night.

I can do you some numbers, in the correct font, but make them a tad smaller to fit in the available space. Just let me know the area you have to work with. What bike is it again? You need to have a contrasting background (you should have a proper number board, but it's not imperative so long as they are clearly legible coming down the chute.

Can't remember Bretto's surname either!

Thx I've now got via SMS Bretto's details!

Thx Marshy, the bike is a GSXR600K1 with W4U glass ... it has space in the middle for numbers ... but they want them on one LHS for GP and Nth Circuits. What's the deal with the rear, across or one on each side? I'll measure / photograph it tomorrow and send you the details.

I'll measure the white space size tomorrow, but I think with some slightly smaller numbers it should fit in the middle of the nose?
    1237650_10151964424479873_174434188_n.jpg

In the middle will be fine. I've got regulation number sizes and font on mine and they are big with 3 digits.
    I tend to think if i went the next size down as i've seen on other racebikes it would be fine also.

Precut MA approved race numbers are available fromwww.mototrack.com.au

Here are the MA regs.....

Attachment 161Attachment 162

To be honest, st george wont care unless they cant read the numbers.. thats all it boils down to

My numbers that I used before dont really comply but they havent said jack

I can do precut numbers in regulation size and font, or any amount smaller (not just whatever their 'smaller' size is). If you want regulation, that's easy. If you need just a fraction smaller (or any height or font), just let me know. $1 each.

If anyone wants your name/nickname for each side of the windscreen, $5 for both sides (two stickers). White, black, red, green, orange, blue available. Pick a font, or I'll do them in something cool.

Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    or any amount smaller (not just whatever their 'smaller' size is).
    Calm down Nick. Its your site. If you don't want me to mention other service providers, just say so.

I'm calm Sorry if it sounded otherwise.

It's nothing to do with other providers - I don't mind at all! This isn't RATs - we don't have those stupid rules (which is mostly what made me leave in the first place). Feel free to post any shops or sites that interest you, or that you recommend. It's all a rich tapestry of motorcycle goodness There are no restrictions here, except to be nice to each other.

I find $2.50 per number a bit rich, that's all. I was just offering an alternative for TT members. We aren't officially selling vinyl cutting, but the equipment is there, so it might as well be used.

I'm calm Sorry if it sounded otherwise.

It's nothing to do with other providers - I don't mind at all! This isn't RATs - we don't have those stupid rules (which is mostly what made me leave in the first place). Feel free to post any shops or sites that interest you, or that you recommend. It's all a rich tapestry of motorcycle goodness There are no restrictions here, except to be nice to each other.

I find $2.50 per number a bit rich, that's all. I was just offering an alternative for TT members. We aren't officially selling vinyl cutting, but the equipment is there, so it might as well be used.
    Hear hear...!! All good

I've still got to make those sheets up and send over to you marshy. I'll do some measurements asap. Got another full spare set of rims now so will bring them around for some newer rubber as well.

Entries in an envelope waiting in the out post

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Entries in an envelope waiting in the out post
    Jeez, you are old-fashioned!! Why not just scan and email them to Jan? Surely being in IT, you should be able to figure that out, or failing that I'm sure Carl can show you how!

I wasn't going to say anything.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

To save some electrons I waz going to hand deliver the forms to Jan on Wed night. It's been a while since I have been to a club meeting.

im old fashioned !! cheeky pups...

Haha I use snail mail as well

Just entered!

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Just entered!
    Booyaa!!! Now you just need to work on Baddie.....

Yes lets all work on Baddie , but 1st he needs to get on the bike at the track and do some laps , not just sitting on the bike in the garage.. once we get this happening then

Excellent Dan , looking forward to the racing with other newbies from tarmac talk should be a laugh at the back of the grid , hoping we dont get lapped by marshy.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    hoping we dont get lapped by marshy.
    I'll pay you good money to get in the way of the guys I'm chasing!!

Memories from round 1. Hopefully they combine the classes again and I can have a run with the 600's Bloody Team Zero!

sorry unedited

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Damn you all to hell team zero. Great footage. Looking forward to the last round.

Awesome vid! Good aggressive riding from the badly-crossed-up Mr Zero A pass into T1 is always impressive.

Some North circuit memories from Round 1 this year....:

Was a fun weekend........apart from nearly putting myself into orbit with 41psi in the rear !! note to self, check check and chack again..

Little Mick are you not entering this round?

Some North circuit memories from Round 1 this year....:

That was good fun Nick!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Little Mick are you not entering this round?
    No unfortunately. Trophy is all urs
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

No no.. youre a C grader anyway and I'm out I think

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    No no.. youre a C grader anyway and I'm out I think
    Why Rancell?
    Mick, how's the healing going?

Funds

I wont decide till the cutoff date

Thread Information