Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: St George round 5 & 6 Eastern creek 2/3 November

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Dan I'm probably wrong but I don't think Marshy stocks them ... but low and behold Wetty must be psychic ... because he just mentioned on nswr4ts that he has a few left in stock.

I'm just waiting for Eastcoast wreckers to work out a price to overnight a front fairing stay, hopefully that's it for bits ... until we find the next broken thing!
    Cool just shot marshy a SMS TXT if he doesn't have them I'll hit up wetty.
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    If you get stuck Dan, I have one on the spare motor. Could post to you or bring with me.

Just leave the overflow for now.
    Hey mate if this is still cool (and will fit my k3 600) I'd love to pinch it off you for the weekend. These bikes are certainly not the easiest to get bits for at short notice :(
    do a burnout

Would something like a NRC case cover satisfy the regulations or does it have to be a separate protector? I think the NRC ones are a heavy duty replacement rather than extra layer
    do a burnout

The NRC ones are fine. That's what I have on the Suzuki. Not cheap though, and heavy.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Would something like a NRC case cover satisfy the regulations or does it have to be a separate protector? I think the NRC ones are a heavy duty replacement rather than extra layer
    I had the NRC ones on my old R6 and they were fine, never had an issue at scrutineering.. They are about twice as thick and good quality too...

Definitely not cheap - quoted $220 for RHS. They are my last resort. Found a set in the states for $75 that I'll get for the future I reckon (if still available).
    do a burnout

GB racing covers if you can get them to suit your bike.. best case savers ive usef so far

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    GB racing covers if you can get them to suit your bike.. best case savers ive usef so far
    +1

I'm sure Wetty mentioned that you can just stick some sort of protection on the stock covers ... or was I hallucinating ... ???

I went Woodcraft with the stainless steel slider that connects from inside, one was already on RHS, LHS had some cheap Chinese things that had already taken a beating, so got the matching other WC side off eBay.

I started knocking up a shark fin this evening and gave it a coat of paint. Pretty basic; L shaped bit of metal in rattle can black. Gotta keep the theme!
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    I'm sure Wetty mentioned that you can just stick some sort of protection on the stock covers ... or was I hallucinating ... ???

I went Woodcraft with the stainless steel slider that connects from inside, one was already on RHS, LHS had some cheap Chinese things that had already taken a beating, so got the matching other WC side off eBay.
    As long as it's bolted on I think it's fine. Rick is sending me one so hopefully that fits otherwise I'll look at knocking something up tomorrow night.
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    It also goes up on the st george website a couple of days before. Just to build the suspense....
    stops people from braking into garages to see what their running

So Ive discovered anyone racing needs to supply a marshal to be in the points.. I'm not attached to anyone yet for either day so if anyone wants to put me on their paperwork let me know.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    So Ive discovered anyone racing needs to supply a marshal to be in the points.. I'm not attached to anyone yet for either day so if anyone wants to put me on their paperwork let me know.
    Are you out there flagging for the weekend anyway ?
    Your awesome photo shoot for Dad of the year would suggest so....
    PM me your details and i'll put you down.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I make up for my lack of corner speed in all other corners in turn 1
    I think T1 is the only one i've got any corner speed in....

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    I think T1 is the only one i've got any corner speed in....
    is that grass tracking corner speed jamie ...

Dont forget this weekend jamie , at the end of the straight , stop looking at the lap timer and remember to turn in...(thats a left turn).
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    is that grass tracking corner speed jamie ...

Dont forget this weekend jamie , at the end of the straight , stop looking at the lap timer and remember to turn in...(thats a left turn).
    Ooooh! Jamie, Bob's dishing it out. Better show him who's boss out there
    Don't be too hard Rob. Jamie's supplying the coffee machine this weekend. Mines got to stay home.

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

What a nice fellow

I'm still not home until tomorrow night.

So depending on how long it takes to get all of the cobwebs off the bike and evict the small family of starlings living under the seat i'll see you bright and early (Hah!) boys no Saturday morning.
    New tyres arrived today, they look like the right ones in the photo's from the missus.
    Attachment 242

Lets just see how your race starts go before you get too carried away BoB....!!!

Ooooh! Jamie, Bob's dishing it out. Better show him who's boss out there
    Don't be too hard Rob. Jamie's supplying the coffee machine this weekend. Mines got to stay home.
    i'll bring the fridge , do i need some milk too?
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Are you out there flagging for the weekend anyway ?
    Your awesome photo shoot for Dad of the year would suggest so....
    PM me your details and i'll put you down.

J.
    Yep both days. I've been doing it for years even a couple of Wakey ones for PCRA.

I never knew about this requirement for racers. Shame for anyone who needed a name in the past. Even dragged a few non riding mates along but none have stuck with it. Good being two up as I can take more pics..
    Got my ticket and paperwork this arv.
    Pm sent. Is name and phone all you need?

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    i'll bring the fridge , do i need some milk too?
    So long as it's not soy or skim, that skinny people drink. I need to maintain my weight, as my last excuse.

Yep both days. I've been doing it for years even a couple of Wakey ones for PCRA.

I never knew about this requirement for racers. Shame for anyone who needed a name in the past. Even dragged a few non riding mates along but none have stuck with it. Good being two up as I can take more pics..
    Got my ticket and paperwork this arv.
    Pm sent. Is name and phone all you need?
    All good. I forwarded your info on to Jan.

Cheers,

Jamie

So long as it's not soy or skim, that skinny people drink. I need to maintain my weight, as my last excuse.
    Smoke cigarettes..... You know it works for me.

have some skim for me... hoping to drop in on sat morning for moral support while yungun does exam in north ryde..
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Skim milk and ciggies over here.

So, everyone needs to supply a Marshall to be in the points. It's my first race does it matter (the points, that is)?

Both days or just the one? Sorry I'm sure this info is somewhere. Is everyone supplying one? Wouldn't the be a hundred Marshall's then?
    do a burnout

The Marshall rule applies to St George series points over the year. Your points and prize pool for the individual rd's aren't' affected

Skim milk and ciggies over here.

So, everyone needs to supply a Marshall to be in the points. It's my first race does it matter (the points, that is)?

Both days or just the one? Sorry I'm sure this info is somewhere. Is everyone supplying one? Wouldn't the be a hundred Marshall's then?
    It wouldn't matter for you as you won't be getting points to win the series.. kinda have to do every round..

Wouldn't the be a hundred Marshall's then?
    They wish! lol.

Ok cool. I'll have to start working on someone to help me out next year then!

Thanks!

They wish! lol.
    haha true, I've been around organised sport for long enough to know better

Ok cool. I'll have to start working on someone to help me out next year then!

Thanks!
    Hopefully not me. I plan on being out there with you. And get meself some of these.

I'm still not home until tomorrow night.

So depending on how long it takes to get all of the cobwebs off the bike and evict the small family of starlings living under the seat i'll see you bright and early (Hah!) boys no Saturday morning.
    New tyres arrived today, they look like the right ones in the photo's from the missus.
    Attachment 242
    Pretty! Are they wets?

Dance floor I think

Stupid question but are the grid spots numbered? I'd assume so, otherwise out of 40 riders, it would be nearly impossible to find your spot!

Also, racing numbers... I'm under the impression that you need to have one located on the rear of the bike, is this correct? If so, which way do the numbers have to face? Do you have to be able thread them correctly from behind, or from in front? And finally, can these numbers be bought off anyone on the day?

Oh and one more, the bracket for the transponder... Do they look like a go pro mount? I have what looks to be a go pro mount at the front of my tank, my bike was raced last year so I assume it needed a bracket then. Just wondering in case I have to pay the $15 for the bracket on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jashdown View Post
    Stupid question but are the grid spots numbered? I'd assume so, otherwise out of 40 riders, it would be nearly impossible to find your spot!

Also, racing numbers... I'm under the impression that you need to have one located on the rear of the bike, is this correct? If so, which way do the numbers have to face? Do you have to be able thread them correctly from behind, or from in front? And finally, can these numbers be bought off anyone on the day?

Oh and one more, the bracket for the transponder... Do they look like a go pro mount? I have what looks to be a go pro mount at the front of my tank, my bike was raced last year so I assume it needed a bracket then. Just wondering in case I have to pay the $15 for the bracket on the day.
    The grid spots are numbered, although a bit hard to see until you are right on top of them. There are numbered witches hats indicating the Rows on the right-hand side of the track (just on the grass). Use these to aim for your row, then look closely for the grid numbers.

But I always write down my grid spot on some white duct tape on my tank, and I make a note of where that spot is relative to the track. Eg, for P12, I work out that it's 3rd row, closest to the inside/pit wall. Or P14 is 4th row, second spot in from the grass. And I write them on the tank as:

P12 R3 --> 1 (first from the left)
    P14 R4 <-- 2 (2nd in from the right).

Or whatever system works for you. Remember that cars grid up with pole position on the inside of the track for turn 1, whereas for bikes pole is always on the outside of turn 1. So at the creek, position 1 is on the right-hand side of the grid. At the Island, it's on the left, because turn 1 goes the other way.

Race numbers are available from the race secretary when you sign on, or from Craig White's Bridgestone truck (they are much cheaper from Jan at race control).

The transponder bracket is specific for m/c transponders, and is usually cable-tied to the top of the left fork leg, between the two triples. It will say AMB or MyLaps on it, and have a big R-clip at the top to hold the transponder in. They look nothing like a go-pro mount. Just have $15 ready.

Here, like this:
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Worth paying the $15 to get the bracket

You need the bracket. They charge you $675 if you lose or damage the transponder, so for the sake of $15, don't mess around with the wrong mount. Also, if you don't mount them in the correct position, they can not pick up your laps.

not worth the hassle...get the bracket.. when you install the transponder, also check to see it doesnt interfere with steering motion...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Cheers for the info. Will definitely be getting the bracket. Was just curious if the plastic clip on the tank was the bracket or not

Re numbers
    In the supplemental regs that came with your paperwork there was mention of making sure could been seen clearly on left or right depending on the circuit you are racing on. If doing both obviously both sides. I know there's regs for that anyway but they seemed to be making a point of it in the supp regs. Make sure all is good cause I think scrutineering will be hectic this weekend and you don't want want to miss your race for something silly causing you to be checked more than once. I've never raced so don't know how strict they are and I may be talking shit.

Beauty, just received a message we can drop off the bike between 7-9pm tonight
    perfect timing, on the way from Canberra
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Just to clarify. You can drop your trailer in garages 1-18. You cannot unpack and there is no security. They are going to fit as many trailers as they can into those allocated garages.

Hi All

Sydney Motor Sport Park (SMSP) is allowing any interstate or long distances travellers that are participating in the St George MCC race meeting this weekend to Bump In (drop off) their trailers on Friday night if they wish to.

WHEN CAN YOU BUMP IN: Friday night 1st November between the hours of 7.00pm to 9.00pm only.

WHERE CAN YOU LEAVE YOUR TRAILER: Garages 1-18

They will be locked up overnight, but there is NO overnight security.

You cannot unpack or set up for the weekend as you won’t be in your allocated garage & they will be jamming as many trailers as possible in these garages.

When you get to the SMSP Gates tell Security what you’re doing & they’ll let you in.

Regards

Jan Blizzard

St George MCC Inc

Have a great weekend.
    Last edited by senator8; 01-11-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    not worth the hassle...get the bracket.. when you install the transponder, also check to see it doesnt interfere with steering motion...
    This!!!!

Race day!!

Good ruck to all those who are racing!

good luck to all out there today and tomorrow .. shame about the off today ;( positive note good to see some familiar faces out

Just heard that there were 4 riders taken to hospital due to a crash, hope no-one is badly injured,

What an awesome day!!! Great racing, and good weather (although it was pretty warm). Big turnout, but they were very organised and it all went very smoothly. There was a big crash in the first race of the day (BEARS), but apart from some broken bones, apparently everyone was ok. Which wasn't what we first thought when 5 ambulances, the helicopter, and 5 cop cars showed up. An hour delay (at lunchtime - perfect!), and racing resumed.

So all you first-timers... what did you think?!?

Had a ball out there today, it was quite warm and doing 2 classes in 600 has drained me .. but im in one piece and didnt come off so thats a good thing.
    Dan stop passing me will you...
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Thread Information