Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: St George round 5 & 6 Eastern creek 2/3 November

I had a pretty good day, almost got cleaned up a few times though, had one visit to the kitty litter and an excursion over the curb both thanks to the same lunatic. I'll post the videos up at some point.

TeamZero pipped me over the line in race 1 and in race 3 i managed to do the same to someone else who decided to back off a few meters early

you first timers did great out there!!! I will start posting pics from practice shortly...
    Last edited by Little Mick; 02-11-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

So jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    What an awesome day!!! Great racing, and good weather (although it was pretty warm). Big turnout, but they were very organised and it all went very smoothly. There was a big crash in the first race of the day (BEARS), but apart from some broken bones, apparently everyone was ok. Which wasn't what we first thought when 5 ambulances, the helicopter, and 5 cop cars showed up. An hour delay (at lunchtime - perfect!), and racing resumed.

So all you first-timers... what did you think?!?
    First up Nick, congratulations ... 1:06.865R ... wow! And previous record holder JC (1:07.4098) came off in N18 trying to keep up! Plus your nice 1st place trophy, for 600 Clubsport!

We had a ball in #16 ... great fun garage. Had a few battles with Bretto and James out there ... and Dan picked up a 2nd place trophy for D class (600cc & Retro I think).

Lookin forwrd to some sleep and do it all again tomorrow ... going to be hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    you first timers did great oput there!!! I will start posting pics from practice shortly...
    Well I managed to stay upright all day ... and got down to some consistent 1:13's by the last race. Just managed to get some reasonable starts in last two races. Dan's a machine, and James isn't far behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Well I managed to stay upright all day ... and got down to some consistent 1:13's by the last race. Just managed to get some reasonable starts in last two races. Dan's a machine, and James isn't far behind him.
    well done mate!!! its a tough little circuit and can be very misleading. First race meet doing 13s is awesome!
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Some picks from today...

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/so...Rnd%205%202013

enough for tonight...more to get through over next few days...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Nasty crash on first bears race, made the news, hopefully everyone heals up quickly.

Quick question, I've misplaced my St George membership card (little piece of cardboard), what will be the repercussions of this? Will I have trouble registering? Also, how do I go about getting into the track tomorrow morning, what do I use to get in, seeing as my tickets will be used by other people...

Use your ARDC membership card to get in the gate (or if you're early and towing a bike, they may not ask for a ticket - they didn't yesterday). Your membership card doesn't get you in anyway
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Good luck to all out there today, especially to the first timers. Don't forget to BREATHE!!!!!!

and as far as the start - think like you are taking off at the traffic lights... better to get off smoothly then wheely everywhere
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Does any one know how dan is after the crash I went into the medical center to see how he was. But he didn't look to good and I got kicked out. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Does any one know how dan is after the crash I went into the medical center to see how he was. But he didn't look to good and I got kicked out. :(
    I spoke to his dad, who said that he had a fractured ankle ... a fair angle was mentioned. That last 600cc Clubsport just wasn't going to happen ...

Put a bit of a downer on the end of a fun day.

Hope everyone that came off is ok

Yeah I sore that it freaked me out it really wasn't a good sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Yeah I sore that it freaked me out it really wasn't a good sight.
    His dad confirmed that he high sided at T18/T12 ... poor bugger, he'd had such a great day on the Sat too. I enjoyed watching him race though, some of his overtakes were pretty awesome.

Yeah is a bit crazy I just hope he is ok the bike is trashed.

Anyone know who came off at T5 in the second restart for clubby? Was right behind him when it happened, got some footage of it, looked like the bike squashed him a bit, didn't see if he was fine though.

And also, I have some videos I wanna edit from my camera, but they are .mov files. Windows Movie Maker refuses to open them, so how does everyone edit their videos?

MOv are quicktime from memory... google a freeware to do it
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

half the pics uploaded...

plenty of sequence shots so suggest scanning thumbnails rather than view every pic

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/so...42896950265517
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Was a gold bike, Nick said he knew who it was. That last 600 Clubsport was like the race start practice that just kept on giving.

got some photos up, haven't had time to edit properly or pick out he best ones, Marshy all of yours were out of focus (you were going too quick!) I tried to get one of all the people who post on here, Rick you are the easiest as your bike sticks out like the proverbials

linky
    https://www.facebook.com/andrew.laws...2075670&type=3

I spoke to his dad, who said that he had a fractured ankle ... a fair angle was mentioned. That last 600cc Clubsport just wasn't going to happen ...

Put a bit of a downer on the end of a fun day.
    Dan is staying overnight at Westmead, he is doing well but hanging for a smoke…. and he has to wake up to this:
    IMG_6701.jpg

They had to cut my leathers and my boots which I'm pretty devo about. In hospital overnight should be having surgery tomorrow for the fracture.

Bit of a bummer but hey, it happens. Shame because yesterday was so good. Just pushing a bit too hard today. My ambition far outweighed my talent haha

All in all, I fucking loved it. I can't compare anything I've ever done with road racing. Can't wait to get out there again. I did a PB on 600cc qualifying today taking it pretty easy and dropped 2 seconds off my best time in clubby qualifying putting me 7th on the grid. I was stoked. Feel like my riding as increased a notch. When's next race?
    do a burnout

Oh, I won a trophy as well for 2nd place in D Grade clubby coming second only to JC / the grasshopper who is very fast! I had no idea and couldn't believe it. Shame I couldn't back it up today. I think my transition from just being out enjoying it to 'oh shit I'm in the mix wasn't handled very well.

Thanks to Rob, Rick and Marshy for helping get various parts of my bike sorted. Was in a little bit of a panic last week. Congrats to everyone out there - takes balls to line up on one of those grids. Speaking of grids... When my dumb ankle is healed I'm going to the drags to try nail those starts
    do a burnout

Good work dan I'm glad to see you ok.

Well done to all, who were out there.
    Glad your ok after your off Dan. Heal up quick
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

The bug has well and truly bitten by the sound of it, Dan! Heal up, and get ready for February, Round 1 2014. If you need help with the bike, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jashdown View Post
    Anyone know who came off at T5 in the second restart for clubby? Was right behind him when it happened, got some footage of it, looked like the bike squashed him a bit, didn't see if he was fine though.
    Someone told me it was Garry Gersack, who I don't actually know although I know the name. Don't think he's on here. Keen to see the footage though!

I believe under the MA rules you were allowed 2 more restarts for the Clubby race...? But ah well... Was looking at it from the rescue vehicle perspective, not racing, but enjoyed watching! Totally different perspective for 2 days... Well done to everyone who had a go!
    Isle of Man TT Apprentice.
    Racing... it's life. Everything else is just waiting.
    2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike -SOLD
    2010 Kawasaki ZX6R Race bike (my chariot for the IOMTT)

Worst part is I don't have my lap timer or camera so I can't download the info and review it here in hospital :(
    do a burnout

Someone told me it was Garry Gersack, who I don't actually know although I know the name. Don't think he's on here. Keen to see the footage though!
    He is good mates with Motorbiker - Mark
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Pretty sure it was Gary. I'm sure whoever it was will want to see the footage. St George should help you get in touch. Fantastic weekend though good fun racing. Thanks to all involved. It's the first time I have done double duty 600 and club sport. Loved it and will definitely do it again.

Also congratulations to Marshy fantastic results all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    got some photos up, haven't had time to edit properly or pick out he best ones, Marshy all of yours were out of focus (you were going too quick!) I tried to get one of all the people who post on here, Rick you are the easiest as your bike sticks out like the proverbials

linky
    https://www.facebook.com/andrew.laws...2075670&type=3
    Great shots there, several of James and me trying to keep up. Like the wide format ... just cropped? Wouldn't mind some hi res of some. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Zero View Post
    Pretty sure it was Gary. I'm sure whoever it was will want to see the footage. St George should help you get in touch. Fantastic weekend though good fun racing. Thanks to all involved. It's the first time I have done double duty 600 and club sport. Loved it and will definitely do it again.
    Double duty was great. Really kept you on your toes!
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by DisPlaCeD View Post
    I believe under the MA rules you were allowed 2 more restarts for the Clubby race...? But ah well... Was looking at it from the rescue vehicle perspective, not racing, but enjoyed watching! Totally different perspective for 2 days... Well done to everyone who had a go!
    Did they ever give any official reason why they declared that last CS600 race? Out of time?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Worst part is I don't have my lap timer or camera so I can't download the info and review it here in hospital :(
    Heal fast Dan. Post that footage up of some of your Sunday excursions, when you get that camera back.

Quote Originally Posted by DisPlaCeD View Post
    Was almost 5pm by then. Race control told us on Sat that as long as race is started by 5 it can go ahead. They would have been cutting it close to get the bikes back on the grid by the time recovery was off the track. I think they also factored in fatigue as another reason to can it.

Well done to everyone. I flagged on turn 15 on Sunday. Just watching gave butt Puckering moments all day. Great place to flag from and made up for t8 on Sat.
    Wow Leanne gets so far off her bike I thought she was going to run along beside it.
    I'll be picking the collective brains trust for advice as I'd like to be ON the track for rnd 1 next year instead of watching.
    Last edited by Medic!; 04-11-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Chris Baker told me that 2 red flags meant that the race couldn't be restarted again - MA regs. Not sure if that is right though.....

I strongly suspect the 0 points for race three AND 0 for the handicap (same race) have cost me the championship. 50 points lost.

When my dumb ankle is healed I'm going to the drags to try nail those starts
    Toughen up Princess. Your not going to let that little scratch keep you off the bike surely. Bike night is not until next thursday 14 nov. Plenty of time.

Nah seriously all the best with your recovery Dan. If I woke to that I'd pass out, wake again, pass out and repeat until back where it should be.

But if it helps speed things up I have some special bandaids for you.

No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Chris Baker told me that 2 red flags meant that the race couldn't be restarted again - MA regs. Not sure if that is right though.....

I strongly suspect the 0 points for race three AND 0 for the handicap (same race) have cost me the championship. 50 points lost.
    I'm not sure how to interpret that - is an event across multiple restarts ???

2013 MANUAL OF MOTORCYCLE SPORT 12 ALL DISCIPLINES
    12.12.0.1 Where an incident causes an event to be stopped, the Steward or Clerk of Course may declare the event complete if at least 75% of the event distance or time, whichever is the less, has been run.
    Last edited by Phat3R; 04-11-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Toughen up Princess. Your not going to let that little scratch keep you off the bike surely. Bike night is not until next thursday 14 nov. Plenty of time.

Nah seriously all the best with your recovery Dan. If I woke to that I'd pass out, wake again, pass out and repeat until back where it should be.

But if it helps speed things up I have some special bandaids for you.

Haha I'll be out there again ASAP. I'm just sick off being nailed off the line!
    do a burnout

Quickshifter wasnt working, Nick tried hard with me to fix it but it wasnt going to play then Blew up my main bike Sat practice !! main sprocket nut came off the spare bike bike during sat race, then Crashed my wife and kids bike ( my spare ) on Sunday 1st race !! someone dinged my daughters car in the car park, someone scratched my car in the car park, my bikes fell over in the trailer on the way home !!! Not the best of weekends, but i might had saved 2nd place in clubsport ..

do a burnout

Great shots there, several of James and me trying to keep up. Like the wide format ... just cropped? Wouldn't mind some hi res of some. Thx.
    Cropping plus light-room was playing around, disapponted in myself that I didn't get there earlier, I had the F stop to low and lost alot of zoom (only using a kit lense) & didn't realise until the 1000cc race (pretty boring photos as they were so spread out).

on the plus Ray Oxford said that if I go upto him beforehand at the next meet he will aim to get more pics of me (hooray!)

R6
    What a weekend that was!!! I was pretty impressed with how the whole weekend was run, Im defiantly racing again rd1 next year.

Glad to hear your ok daniel son, You sure had that throttle screwed around!!! Thumbs up to everyone, was a real good vibe out there

This photo is pure gold! Although I suspect there's a playboy magazine inside the bike one

LOL re the reading material ...

found this of Stuart on Andrew's page

you know lying down on the job is a no-no

1402230_10151724536405671_2097945955_o.jpg

Thread Information