Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ARDC Private Practice 25/10/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Dan ill see you there and bring the gauge.
    I can't make it mate () but James on the light blue CBR600 will be there if you could give it to him that would be fantastic. Thanks again!

Done
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Legend!

On a side note, what a cracking day! You bastards!
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Legend!

On a side note, what a cracking day! You bastards!
    +1!

just popped in to watch and chat but sniff sniff...... had to leave depression kicked in

Dropped in for coupla sessions. Will post some pics a bit later.
    There was a leyland Mini in the car group I reckon must have been having the most fun out of the cars. Sounded sweet and was no slouch. He needs to get a side car monkey to put in the back seat to keep 4 wheels on the ground. Managed a blurry pic with one wheel in the air @ turn 5.

Binned the Gixxer in third session ... it went ova and ova and ova ... bounced on each side of the tank and once straight down on the top ... it don't go broom broom anymore :(

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Binned the Gixxer in third session ... it went ova and ova and ova ... bounced on each side of the tank and once straight down on the top ... it don't go broom broom anymore :(
    Felt for you. After hearing comments that some others felt the front slipping in the same place whats the bet it was anti freeze from one of those registered metal boxes. Hope you don't mind me posting these pics.

Last edited by Medic!; 28-10-2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: FIX broken links

Yeah I saw that lying in the grass what happened???

I had a scary moment in one where I hit grass.

I managed to get the new tyres working sweet now with the mupo suspenders. Thanks Senator8

That fucking sucks mate. Massive :(

Reckon it'll be back in action for St George? It has to be - we have a garage booked!

You alright?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    That fucking sucks mate. Massive :(

Reckon it'll be back in action for St George? It has to be - we have a garage booked!

You alright?
    Yeah Dan, I'm fine, sans minor ego dent Not going to let the off ruin my St George, so I'm workin on getting it all back together ... dropped off bike at local repair shop on way home and we went over it in detail ... they reckon they can do the work before Fri if I can source parts. Drew up list of what's needed and filling in findapart.com.au now. Luckily I have a stack of spares of common stuff, rearsets, clip ons, engine covers, so looking for sub frame, top fairing stay and some replacement bolts for left hand engine cover. I'll be doing everything in my powa to be there mate. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Felt for you. After hearing comments that some others felt the front slipping in the same place whats the bet it was anti freeze from one of those registered metal boxes. Hope you don't mind me posting these pics.
    I notice, and you can just see in bottom photo the RHS of the tyre is very shiny, like it's never been ridden on ... but it was the same on both sides after last track day ... a nice even wear, as per the rest of the tyre ... weird??? My bad I had put front tyre on wrong way round ... seemed to work same same.

Yeah Dan, I'm fine, sans minor ego dent Not going to let the off ruin my St George, so I'm workin on getting it all back together ... dropped off bike at local repair shop on way home and we went over it in detail ... they reckon they can do the work before Fri if I can source parts. Drew up list of what's needed and filling in findapart.com.au now. Luckily I have a stack of spares of common stuff, rearsets, clip ons, engine covers, so looking for sub frame, top fairing stay and some replacement bolts for left hand engine cover. I'll be doing everything in my powa to be there mate. :-)
    Nice one. Sounds like you have all the spares I have so I don't have anything to offer but if you get stuck with parts give us a yell and I'll try suss for you as well.
    do a burnout

I do have a silencer you can use if you need it!
    do a burnout

Or is that yoshi now more aerodynamic haha
    do a burnout

Got headers as well come to think of it
    do a burnout

ARDC Private Practice 25/10/2013

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post

I had a scary moment in one where I hit grass.

I managed to get the new tyres working sweet now with the mupo suspenders. Thanks Senator8
    You're welcome. Glad you got some improvement out of it
    Good to see Kelly out there as well. Nice save by the way
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

bugger but hope you get it fixed before next week

Thx guys ... I'll will be there with the ugly (some wuld say ugglier ) gixxer.

top day out there today , plenty of bikes getting in some practice for the upcoming st george . Good to catch up with you all , and yes Dan it was a goooood day .... see you at st george.

Chubb , that was a very interesting line into t1 .. my hat goes off to you for keeping it upright.. i was trying my best not to look as the tarmac ran out ..

And the best stoppie of the day goes to liam with his rear wheel about a meter in the air and manages to miss the bimota and keep it upright... phew..

Vids to follow once i recover from the day
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

No, Rick!! I didn't see that you'd come off. Sorry to hear, and if I can help at all to get you back on track for St George, just let me know.

Top day yesterday! Had a ball, especially riding a 400 in the last session.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Chubb , that was a very interesting line into t1 .. my hat goes off to you for keeping it upright.. i was trying my best not to look as the tarmac ran out ..
    I also made the mistake of looking at the grass... ooops

What an absolutely brilliant day! Weather, track, bike, all brilliant. First day out on the new bike on full circuit, and still playing with the suspension but from first to last session saw a 4.5 second drop in time, but SO much more pace there once everything begins to fall in place! I swear though in the last session I was holding up a massive train of people!?! I think Team Zero was behind me and then a heap more bikes?! haha Just a great day to be back out after 8 months of not even riding a bike!
    Isle of Man TT Apprentice.
    Racing... it's life. Everything else is just waiting.
    2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike -SOLD
    2010 Kawasaki ZX6R Race bike (my chariot for the IOMTT)

Where's my schnitzel Heimlich?

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by DisPlaCeD View Post
    What an absolutely brilliant day! Weather, track, bike, all brilliant. First day out on the new bike on full circuit, and still playing with the suspension but from first to last session saw a 4.5 second drop in time, but SO much more pace there once everything begins to fall in place! I swear though in the last session I was holding up a massive train of people!?! I think Team Zero was behind me and then a heap more bikes?! haha Just a great day to be back out after 8 months of not even riding a bike!
    you loving her yet??
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    you loving her yet??
    Pretty sure he does Mick. He's just trying to play it cool

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Pretty sure he does Mick. He's just trying to play it cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    you loving her yet??
    I'm seeing it as the beginning of a beautiful relationship lol Not saying the "L" word just yet Mick haha

senator8... your schnitzel is still there, waiting, hoping you will come get it! :P
    Isle of Man TT Apprentice.
    Racing... it's life. Everything else is just waiting.
    2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike -SOLD
    2010 Kawasaki ZX6R Race bike (my chariot for the IOMTT)

Quote Originally Posted by DisPlaCeD View Post
    Sounds great mate. Having a ball!
    do a burnout

Thx guys ... I'll will be there with the ugly (some wuld say ugglier ) gixxer.

Here you go Rick. You're on about 10:50. Sorry could not edit or slow down. Could only upload.

Session 4

Haven't had time to edit out the bad photography. I'll blame my almost 20yr old zoom lens that could well do with a service or update and my 50yr old eyes with filthy glasses.
    Here's the link for the pics I too on the day. Would have been more but hadn't realised the kids had almost filled the card with pet pics and selfies. Bloody teenagers.

http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/Ra...?sort=3&page=1

Nice!! Thanks Randall, there's some great shots in there
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Nice!! Thanks Randall, there's some great shots in there
    Yep. You should show JPM a few of your spots. Apparently he only get the limited access spots.

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Yep. You should show JPM a few of your spots. Apparently he only get the limited access spots.
    I think he makes a point of only taking photos from the infield because he can.

Thanks Randall, you got a couple of shots of me in there

Thread Information