Thread: PP Tuning Brake leaver protectors

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    At least it's free and available to all, Ed. Unlike the mighty US of A, where they are about to shut down the government because a vocal minority strongly believe that only the rich should have healthcare. If you want better service here, go private. This should be as good as it gets (exxy though, as I can attest with my shoulder. They did a damn fine job, but).
    Don't get me wrong, it works for most part and like you said, you guys get it for free (I have private health cover as I'm not a citizen) so it is not all bad. But that's nothing saying there's no room for improvement. I've been to the ER 5 times in 10 years of Australia with only the last time being there for my own injuries (collarbone) and every single time we had to wait over 3 hours to see someone. Surely there's room for improvement there.

Like I said, I do have private insurance but when I first went in (straight from the track) I didn't have my card on me so public I went (and paid for it). The Doctor that saw me said: "no need for an operation... just go home and try not to move it" I SWEAR TO GOD I even had to ask to get some sort of arm sling because she was happy to send me home wearing the one they "made" for me at the track. I asked if I could get an operation done and she replied "no Dr will do that for you unless you're an athlete. It will leave a nasty bump on your shoulder and you have a small chance of losing some mobility but you'll get used to it". Then came back 2 weeks later with the health insurance card, Dr looks at my x-ray (same one I took on the day of the accident), asks me nothing, tells me to go home and come back in 8 weeks if I'm not healed. God knows why I even had to go there then...

So yeah, there's room.

I've only been to the ER once in the USA but it was almost like walking into a NASA lab... lol It would have cost me a house if I didn't have insurance though.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 01-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Thread Information