Thread: MotoGP (SPOILERS)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MotoGP (SPOILERS)

Some thoughts from the race last night....

And Dani says "Not my fault - it was Marc's fault!"

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/C...z+made+contact
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Shame that happened ... would have been a more interesting race ... but that's racing ... Karma for Hayden incident when he took him off?

Can't wait for PI ...

Traction control sensor on Pedrosas bike was damaged when mm clipped it coming into the corner. It's not Marc's fault that Pedrosa can't ride the bike without the traction control.

Marquez might have championship in his rookie year!

Race incident... Can't see MM being penalized for it unless they want to throw some blood in the water by bringing Lorenzo back into contention which would be ridiculous from an ethical point of view

Agreed Ed. To my mind, Pedrosa braked a little early, and MM was just avoiding an incident. Nothing in it in terms of contact, and just a race incident brake-check or minor error by either one.\

Besides, as Jashdown said, it shows just how much they now rely on TC. 2 secs without it - massive highside!! Reminiscent of Lorenzo's practice start incident, where he hadn't triggered the electronics to reengage TC and crashed immediately. I reckon they should do what F1 did and ban TC

Hahahah

If they did ban TC.. All their times would just go up

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Hahahah

If they did ban TC.. All their times would just go up
    It would even the field up alot more though. If poor peds knew his TC had gone out he probably could've finished the race.. There was probably a light of his dash but he would not have seen it in the middle of a battle in a switchback

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380524209.634549.jpg

Amazed that such a light touch to the rear can cause that to be damaged ... I didn't think they had touched until it was confirmed by Honda after race ... you can see a little twitch on the slomo but was it a touch or road bump ??? Honda might like to 'harden' that system / cable / connection up a little more, cause when TC goes and rider isn't aware it's going to be nasty - maybe some sort or flashing warning light in riders field of vision ??? Or is it a one in a million accident not worth bothering about protecting from in future? That said MM does come close to touching rear of rider in front pretty consistently.

I'd be re-engineering that line to make it tougher. It was't much of a hit, and could easily happen again.

I got a feeling his custom elbow sliders got caught in the loop, it looks like its been ripped out as opposed to squashed/hit

I'm guessing front rotor, edge of tire or even wheel lip... with any of those things spinning it wouldn't take a lot of pressure to cut that line in a milisecond

In all fairness he lost the TC just before he got right on the gas again and would not have been expecting to unleash 250hp!

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    In all fairness
    Pfft, this is an interwebs forum; fairness is not required! And besides, can all the Pedrobot supporters please stand up. Yep, thought so.

He should have been out on his arse years ago.

Apparently Ducati have a wire on either side. Also in dani's defence d what idiot programmed the tc all off if the wire breaks. Surely the default should be all on or a mid setting. Now I don't want anybody getting ideas for race tactics either

Quote Originally Posted by Team Zero View Post
    Apparently Ducati have a wire on either side. Also in dani's defence d what idiot programmed the tc all off if the wire breaks. Surely the default should be all on or a mid setting. Now I don't want anybody getting ideas for race tactics either
    Yeah it's such a freak incident ... it could only happen to Dani Pedrosa! ... Didn't he break collarbone in 2010 chasing Jorge after electronics failure resulted in WOT as he came into corner?

I think without the feedback from the rear wheel sensor TC can't work cause it's the feedback part of the circuit for the electronics to decide if there is wheel slip or not? Don't the older / cheaper systems use just rapid changes in engine revs to detect wheel spin. Wonder if that part's still utilised in the Honda software , or they removed it and just use sensors now? Interesting implications for road bikes, could a flicked twig possibly damaging a TC sensor cable, say it's wet, next thing rider knows, airborne.

Cutting brake lines??

meh Pedrobot has had 8 years on factory equipment.

he has had his chances, time to move on Melandri and Hayden weren't offered the same amount of support to prove themselves at Repsol (despite Hayden actually winning a title). he always has a shitty look on his face, when he wins it's him, when he loses it's the bike

Yeah, they had to something about that... chances of happening are barely none but the results are catastrophic as we saw. That and the fact that they lost all the manufacturer points from last race for "not ensuring safety" or whatever bs called it to hand them the penalty...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Yeah, they had to something about that... chances of happening are barely none but the results are catastrophic as we saw. That and the fact that they lost all the manufacturer points from last race for "not ensuring safety" or whatever bs called it to hand them the penalty...
    they wouldn't have been fined if pedrobot didn't whinge

Well, I can understand why he whinged since that was pretty much any championship chances gone with the fall... not to mention that if MM had gotten 2 penalty points, it would have given him a glimmer of hope (not more than that). But yeah, whinging is poor form in any situation.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 11-10-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: never type whilst talking on the phone in another language

Marquez hit him, causing him to high side ... and lose all chance of the championship. I reckon he's got fair reason to whinge!

Anyone see Lorenzo's comments today? Pretty full on haha
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Anyone see Lorenzo's comments today? Pretty full on haha
    This one???

[Saw a YT comment about the translation not being the best]
    I'm spanish and I have to say that the translation isn't very good and Jorge didn't say that Marc has been lucky. He only wanted to transmit that his both crashes and also Pedrosa's bad luck was a good advantage for Marc. I think that obviously this is true but it doesn't mean that Marquez doesn't deserve this title. So please considerate this fact.
    Last edited by Phat3R; 12-10-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    This one???

[Saw a YT comment about the translation not being the best]
    Nah the ones about people wanting to see a blood sport and talking about gladiators and shit
    do a burnout

Yeah... Lorenzo has always been vocal about this stuff. He doesn't really bring it up but whenever he's asked about it he really lets it fly.

I almost expected him to hint about his last interview on a similar issue just before Simo's death. But with it being Sepang and all I guess that was in the back of everyone's minds anyway.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/196..._rewarded.html

These ones. I, like marquez, thought Lorenzo was joking.....

Thread Information