Thread: Lap Times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah he loved it. Said he felt faster straight away.

I've never touched my suspension so that is my next step. I won't have time to finish the gold forks before Jan 27 so will be replacing the oil and trying to set it up a bit better. The stuff that came out was horrid and like water.

If I get to the point where I don't feel like I'm making any gains I'll look at options then. Until that point, unless I'm banging out my fast times over and over I'm better off working on my riding than spending $7-8000 to get a cheeky drop in lap times.

I've only been track riding 12 months so I reckon I've got quite a while to go before my bike is the thing holding me back.
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Yeah he loved it. Said he felt faster straight away.
    Best time on the gixxer over the weekend was 2:15.008. Found it tricky to be too keen on the gas too early, kept stepping out if I was too aggressive.
    R6 felt like it was on rails and always in power band tho and it loved an early twist of the wrist! No doubt a lot of the 'on rails' feeling was suspension and slicks but the weight, wheelbase, rake and revs were glorious!
    Seems like my timer dropped out on GPS whilst I was on Steve's bike tho so I'm not sure exactly what I was doing. Trying to decode now but I reckon I'd easily have equalled those times, in my first session on a new bike/setup!

Thread Information