I love my Zx6r, I really do. But I have to admit that the first time I rode my old R6 (2006 model) I was blown away... then again I was coming from a cbr600rr '03, bog stock, road trim. And the R6 was a race bike that had a full Akro/PCV/I.Module/custom map/slicks/etc. Suspension and brakes were standard though other than braided lines. I could not believe how much 'racier' the bike was!! From the riding position to how it rev'ed it was light years ahead of the old cbr. And like others have said, straight away I was faster on it but then again I expected that seeing as the bike had a lot more power and decent tires to start with.

Funnily enough, I hated the ZX6R the first time I rode it... came back to the pits after the first session thinking "You should have never sold the R6, you idiot" and then by the 3rd session I was 2secs faster than I had ever been on the R6!

To me, the ZX6R has the edge in power delivery (if not outright power if comparing stock vs stock) and brakes. ESPECIALLY brakes as I hated the brakes on the R6, SRJLs helped but they were never on pair, then again it could have been something on my bike... who knows?! It's also a lot more planted on fast corners and it allows you to make a LOT of mistakes and live to tell the story where the R6 felt like it was going to make me pay every time I screwed up.

In the end, they're both awesome bikes but I'm now a ZX6R lover and I can't see that changing anytime soon!