Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lap Times

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    EC Sth Circuit
    09GSXR1000 Track bike
    Quickshifter, Slip on, Air Filt, Standard Suspension, Standard ECU, No PC or mapping
    Superbike take off NTECS
    Cut my last attempt in sept 2013 by 5 secs.
    Woah! That's a massive improvement on a short track. Nice one.
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post

I highly recommend the starlane laptimers as a stand alone
    Bought one last night (just the lite version), anyone have some sample pics from their R6's where to mount this puppy??

I cut a little bit of Velcro and stick it to the dash itself on the lower part of the rpms..

Cheers, ill have a muck around when it turns up

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I cut a little bit of Velcro and stick it to the dash itself on the lower part of the rpms..
    +1. I do this too. For the bigger units, I put some velcro on the fairing stay in front of the dash and lean it against the dash.

GPX Zed, anyone? They are unreal!! In stock and ready to ship/pick up. I will be fitting one to my R6 today, and will do a write up.

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...-Special-offer!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    +1. I do this too. For the bigger units, I put some velcro on the fairing stay in front of the dash and lean it against the dash.

GPX Zed, anyone? They are unreal!! In stock and ready to ship/pick up. I will be fitting one to my R6 today, and will do a write up.

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...-Special-offer!
    Marshy, I am looking at a Starlane X3 are the Zeds an equal of these or more or less.Interested in your write up

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Marshy, I am looking at a Starlane X3 are the Zeds an equal of these or more or less.Interested in your write up
    Hey Steve, I was running a Starlane GPS-RW on my spare/wet bike until recently when it died in a crash (not the fault of the laptimer - it got pancaked). I used to think it was great, but the software always pissed me off and over time I've had various issues with it, from corrupted/garbled screens to never finding satellites. I used to have to turn it on and off repeatedly until it finally (randomly) found the satellites, then leave it on all day - if it turned off, it has the same lengthy hit-and-miss as to whether it worked or not. The shift lights eventually got completely out whack (although this clearly won't be an issue on the 3X) and would trigger at random rpm....

The buttons didn't work properly either - totally impossible to use with gloves on, and still very difficult to use even normally. Again, it looks like they have fixed this for the Stealth.

Then there's the software. Faaaark me! It's Italian, so completely non-intuitive and fickle. Some stuff just never made sense, but most I eventually worked out.

There were a couple of things I really liked about it - the 'fastest lap/sector' light was the most-used feature of all, even though it was a tiny red light on one side of the unit. Also, it synced to the laptop using bluetooth, which was uber-cool - once you spent a day realigning Com ports!! I don't think the 3X has this though - it's USB only, from the bit I read.

The XT Racing was a total revelation in comparison! The software is written by Americans, and it shows. It is intuitive, and just works. It has more features than the Starlane too. You can do a lot more configuration, and data review, on the actual device itself, without the need to use a laptop.

in summary, I thought the Starlane was great (when it was new and working properly), until I tried the XT. Then I couldn't believe how much better the XT was. The XT is a fair bit cheaper too, which is kinda odd because usually you get what you pay for. Except Italian stuff, maybe, where you pay over the odds for a product that looks flash, but doesn't work properly for long and is infuriating to live with on a day-to-day basis. Ducati, anyone?

Here's another review that essentially says the same thing as I found: http://highperformancecrew.com/showt...PS3x-lap-timer

I'll do an install thread over the weekend of the Zed.

wife timed me on the new to me r6

Brabham circut
    day 1 :230.00's
    day 2 :222.00's
    day 3 :215.291.... conistant 216's,215's

Also, it synced to the laptop using bluetooth, which was uber-cool - once you spent a day realigning Com ports!!
    haha I can vouch for that... it was very anooying when I had the starlane timer!! VERYYY

New times!!!! Timed by official 4 hour endurance team (Mum and Sister)
    SMSP Full circuit
    Standard 06 R6 (Cat removed, Set Suspension)
    Dad's Used up Pre-Raced R10's
    2:13 in some traffic too.

So it appears the easiest way for me to improve times is to follow Marshy!
    After a couple of warm up laps, consistent 2:13s timed by Dan on the roof.
    Clearly you weren't pushing but it was enough to take me along for the ride!
    Thanks for the tow. Marshy!!

Yiew!
    do a burnout

Well I've done the north circuit for the first time today and did 1:11's pretty consistently. Did the GP circuit yesterday and best times were 1:45's so smack on what people estimated based on my extended track times. Hope I can do a 2:09 tomorrow, it's my best ever time & also my race number!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    So it appears the easiest way for me to improve times is to follow Marshy!
    After a couple of warm up laps, consistent 2:13s timed by Dan on the roof.
    Clearly you weren't pushing but it was enough to take me along for the ride!
    Thanks for the tow. Marshy!!
    I'm relishing being slightly quicker than you until you get an R6 mate. Until then you can ride mine but only if you promise not to time yourself! 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    Well I've done the north circuit for the first time today and did 1:11's pretty consistently. Did the GP circuit yesterday and best times were 1:45's so smack on what people estimated based on my extended track times. Hope I can do a 2:09 tomorrow, it's my best ever time & also my race number!!

Tomorrow is GP circuit Steve ... 1:45's for you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Tomorrow is GP circuit Steve ... 1:45's for you ...
    I'm sick of doing 45's Rick, I wanna a 43! The thing that sucks about my times is I usually set a decent one (for me) at the start of the day then generally run within a second of it for a few sessions before going backward at the end of the day. So I'm very consistent - at not improving! I'd love to do even just the odd lap that was faster!

I'm sick of doing 45's Rick, I wanna a 43! The thing that sucks about my times is I usually set a decent one (for me) at the start of the day then generally run within a second of it for a few sessions before going backward at the end of the day. So I'm very consistent - at not improving! I'd love to do even just the odd lap that was faster!
    45's don't suck Steve, good time will come ...

north circut 1:10.1270
    natsoft

Well I finally did a 1:43 on the GP circuit in Clubsport qualifying. Thanks to Sicko for txting me to let me know or I prolly never woulda found out! He was watching the races on Natsoft all w/e like a roving reporter 👍👍👍

Saw that as well. Nice work. I've got some catching up to do - although a 1.50 on my old girl is equivalent right???
    do a burnout

Had a good weekend, first time back at the creek in a while..

1:10.1 first time on the North Circuit with a shagged rear
    1:41.7 on the GP circuit (right before i lost the front and binned it)
    1:04.8 at Wakefield last year

Starting to see a bit of progress on the "new" bike...

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Saw that as well. Nice work. I've got some catching up to do - although a 1.50 on my old girl is equivalent right???
    Depends on which old girl you mean Dan. The 125 yea, we'll knock a few seconds off :P

Lap Times

Quote Originally Posted by mercho View Post
    Had a good weekend, first time back at the creek in a while..

1:10.1 first time on the North Circuit with a shagged rear
    1:41.7 on the GP circuit (right before i lost the front and binned it)
    1:04.8 at Wakefield last year

Starting to see a bit of progress on the "new" bike...
    Good times mate. Was that this weekend? You didn't go down at turn 2 or 8 in the last 600 clubsport race did you? How bad was the bike damaged?

The aprilia 125 or the bucket????
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    The aprilia 125 or the bucket????
    Either / or, there you go, can't get fairer than that!

Good times mate. Was that this weekend? You didn't go down at turn 2 or 8 in the last 600 clubsport race did you? How bad was the bike damaged?

Yeah this weekend... Was out in the 600's not clubby, went down at T2.. Just a snapped clutch lever and the GB case cover was disintegrated, apart from that bike was fine...

Yeah this weekend... Was out in the 600's not clubby, went down at T2.. Just a snapped clutch lever and the GB case cover was disintegrated, apart from that bike was fine...
    Ha, just a minor flesh wound then!

Either / or, there you go, can't get fairer than that!

You are too kind!
    do a burnout

You know, we coulda fixed that very easily Brad....

I know. He was soft though. :p

You know, we coulda fixed that very easily Brad....
    Yeah I had spare levers just not a engine cover.. I was knackered after Fri sat so I bailed... As Rancell said soft lol.

Had a look at the front for the first time this arvo, and it's very strange. Its a pirelli sc2 new on Fri, it's ridiculously smooth up the lhs of the tyre past the first wear marker, like glass... Trying to work out what happened..

It sounds like 'trailbraking like a mofo' happened!

Oh, and that's supposed to be a compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    It sounds like 'trailbraking like a mofo' happened!

Oh, and that's supposed to be a compliment!
    Haha id love to take it but the photos don't lie, fingers were off the lever..

first dry day on the Gp circuit yesterday.
    06 R6 finished the day on an R10 where the tread pattern on the left side of the tyre is no longer there !!!!
    Got down to consistent 1:48's and dipped into the 47's
    Tried out Red Group and felt comfortable in there as well!! Still went into to Green to practice some passing tho.

More improvement needed

EC GP Circuit
    27/6/2014
    1:53:039
    Q Starz Lap Timer
    French Ntec Med Front Hard Rear

still a lot of improvement to be had, last session had a lot of traffic, dropped 4.5 seconds through the 1st sector (finish line to tip in on 2) in that session though.

looking forward to getting more confidence through 1

Track time (and confidence) is king for improving lap times. You've had an enforced break, so more time in the seat will work wonders!

Finally posted a time at Wack7

2010 Gixxer 600 (I swear I thought it was an 09)

Fren NTEC
    Med Front
    Hard Rear

Natsoft timing
    Practice 1:21.57 (Track temp 1C )
    Qualy 1:15.76
    First stint 1:13.99
    Second Stint 1:12.40

actually began to enjoy myself by the end, still losing shitloads of time at the bus stop and turn/fish-hook

I was great at the fish hook till I crashed there... twice. In the same day. hahaha Now I suck badly. No idea what the bus stop is but I'm pretty sure I suck at it too.

some 4hr lap times

That's some really good consistency towards the end

EC Full Circuit
    2010 ZX6R
    Uk Ntec take offs front and rear
    2:14
    Did a few of those otherwise was running around 15's & 16's. Still heaps to work on but at least I have an idea on what to work on now.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    EC Full Circuit
    2010 ZX6R
    Uk Ntec take offs front and rear
    2:14
    Did a few of those otherwise was running around 15's & 16's. Still heaps to work on but at least I have an idea on what to work on now.
    nice one!

I'm relishing being slightly quicker than you until you get an R6 mate.
    The time is now Spilly!! me and my R6 are coming to get ya!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

EC GP Circuit
    2009 Gixxer 600

French NTEC
    Med Front - somewhat used
    Hard Rear - Shagged

Qstarz GPS timing

1:49.3

slowly getting faster throughout the day

rear, really started to go off in the 4th session, vids to come

North Circuit: 1.09.1720 Dunlop KR451 med
    GP Circuit: 1.42.2670 Dunlop KR451 med

Wakefield Park, Rnd 3: 1:07.8330 Dunlop KR106, KR108
    Wakefield Park, 4hr Rnd 4: 1.06.xxxx Dunlop KR106, KR108
    Broadford, Rnd 5: 103.027 Bridgestone V01 Rear med, front Dunlop KR106 (best finish, 3rd overall)
    Last edited by Metal-Man; 20-09-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

GP circuit,

Metzeler Racetec slick, K1 front, K2 rear

2nd session best of 1:43.75, happy, didn't feel that fast, still felt awkward on most of the track, different line for turn 2 basically every lap.

5th session 1:42.2! So damn stoked! Felt really good that session, felt nice and relaxed, had been pushing the front after the bridge in the 4th session, added one extra line of preload in the front end which settled it down nicely.

6th session, front tyre had a band of tear both sides, felt vague and tucky from the get go, ended up backing off for turn 1 a looot earlier than I had been all day as I just didn't trust the front end, was going to pull in but went for one more lap. Bad move.

Lost the front in turn 8 exit, already hard on the gas after the ripple strip ends and it went. Was sliding the front hard for a long while, thought I had it, was trying like hell to jam my knee in to the deck to bring it back, really thought I had it until BOOM. No dice.

Destroyed the race glass, damages radiator, lhs rearset gone, hole in swingarm. Holed up leathers, but I was fine!

Bummed out that I kinda ignored the signs the bike was giving me, but I know why it happened and am okay. Still bummed though...

Yet happy with the lap time!

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post

Bummed out that I kinda ignored the signs the bike was giving me, but I know why it happened and am okay. Still bummed though...

Yet happy with the lap time!
    Damn man! Sorry to hear about the bin... Classic tale of that 'one more lap'. So hard to resist when you're on a flier tho!!
    Glad you're ok tho, and congrats on the new PB!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Lost the front in turn 8 exit, already hard on the gas after the ripple strip ends and it went. Was sliding the front hard for a long while, thought I had it, was trying like hell to jam my knee in to the deck to bring it back, really thought I had it until BOOM. No dice.

Destroyed the race glass, damages radiator, lhs rearset gone, hole in swingarm. Holed up leathers, but I was fine!
    Sorry to hear, saw a bike in yellow group also bin it at T8 in session 5 on Sun ... fast place to lose it ... I reckon that bike got 5 meters of air when it hit the gravel trap ... saw what little remained of it as I was packing up.

Got any pichas of the outcome to leathers - always interested in how different brands / types hold up?

When they say hot and cold on these graphs I suspect it's a European version of hot and cold.
    K1 front is soft and looks like it is designed for cooler temps? ... would K2 have been a better compound for Sunday's warmer temperatures?
    http://www.metzeler.com/site/com/pro...tec-Slick.html

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    would K2 have been a better compound for Sunday's warmer temperatures?
    Yes. As Spilly found out running an SC1 front. It was fine when the track was 20 degrees in the morning, but when the track passed 50 degrees by lunchtime, it was hot tearing and getting chewed up big-time!

fyi, Pirelli and Metzler are manufactured in the same factory(ies?), and whilst they seem to use slightly different rubber/compounds, they are pretty similar. Here's the Pirelli tech info page: http://www.pirelli.com/pirellityre/w...bike.tab?tab=9

Thread Information