Thread: Annitori quickshifter without loom - Yamaha R6

Annitori quickshifter without loom - Yamaha R6

This is for Stu. I will prepare better photos later, but for now this will have to do (writing this from Team Zero's house in chilly Canberra, late at night).

How to wire up an Annitori quickshifter to an R6 without using the supplied Annitori loom (and without even having to remove the fairings!! They should all be fitted like this). I tested it yesterday, and apart from initially having the wires the wrong way round - d'oh! no harm; it just didn't cut the spark - it worked sooooo well.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Appreciated Nick will give it a go, when I get back from Carls Dirt track racing tomorrow... Already made up the plug you kindly gave me and length of wire

What about an '04 ZX10? I might have to hit you up for one of these flashy shifter thing-a-me-bobs soon.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    What about an '04 ZX10?
    Same same. I got the info from BoB (fatcontroller)'s post about him fitting it to his Honda, and even the colour of the wire was the same - although I spent a while checking the wiring diagram beforehand, just to be sure. And you really need a quickshifter Nelso; they are just soooo good!

Mod done

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    And you really need a quickshifter Nelso; they are just soooo good!
    Will it make me faster????
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Ask Stu - he dropped 3? secs a lap at Wakey first time out with one, at the 4 hour weekend.

Yes faster than the guy next to you on the same bike without one.. once you get one you wont want to ride without it.. bloody awesome.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

this and race shift pattern... Just do it!@!!!!!#!@#!@#!@#
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

That was a freak of nature... :p

If nothing else Rob, it just helps you work the bike better, less time thinking about shifting, just hold onto the bars and hit the next gear. I think the shifts are also smoother so not upsetting the bike as you change gear, especially if you have some lean angle on

And on top of all the real benefits they look trick.
    Last edited by Medic!; 28-10-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: top added
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

I ride a 9 year old bike that has a rattle can paint job, so I guess I don't really care about the bling factor. I just wondered if they are really worth the extra dollars and if they made that much of a difference to your riding. Hopefully getting one will be that little something to get me into the 30's around the Creek.

I know I have needed to change to race shift for a long time Mick, but I've been too scared to do it. You might be happy to hear that I need to change to race shift for this weekend to run the Vortex rearsets. So it will be the first time back on the bike in 3 months, after crashing it twice, with race shift for the first time ever.
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

I wouldnt run race shift for the first time at a race...

ill let you know after the weekend Rob

I ride a 9 year old bike that has a rattle can paint job, so I guess I don't really care about the bling factor. I just wondered if they are really worth the extra dollars and if they made that much of a difference to your riding. Hopefully getting one will be that little something to get me into the 30's around the Creek.

I know I have needed to change to race shift for a long time Mick, but I've been too scared to do it. You might be happy to hear that I need to change to race shift for this weekend to run the Vortex rearsets. So it will be the first time back on the bike in 3 months, after crashing it twice, with race shift for the first time ever.
    The Vortex rearsets should be able to be configure to run any shift pattern, road or race... And after racing with no quickshifter vs WITH one... ha, well, I'll never go back, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I wouldnt run race shift for the first time at a race...
    I've been running race pattern for ages on road bikes, and I agree with Chubb... wouldn't do it first up in a race. Could end badly. A slipper clutch will deal with a brain fart, but oh man, could be bad when coming out of a corner and down change instead of upshift...
    Isle of Man TT Apprentice.
    Racing... it's life. Everything else is just waiting.
    2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike -SOLD
    2010 Kawasaki ZX6R Race bike (my chariot for the IOMTT)

canyou get to the south circuit on the friday ARDC day? Race pattern takes a day of practice... even then I went the wrong way a couple of times.. thank goodness for slipper.. Rhino wasnt so luck on the R6 going back from Race to std shift...

sure you cant sort out std pattern for this weekend?

not meaning to stress you - but the boys are right... first race after 3 months...would opt for safer option
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

It won't work with standard shift without a lot of fucking around and spacing out the linkage. It's much easier to just set it up with race pattern.

I'm not intending on racing hard with my wrist the way it is anyway. I'm treating the weekend more as a couple of track days with starts, than full on racing.
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

After binning his own bike, Colin Lewis jumped on Wetty's 600 a quarter-way into the 4 hour a couple of years ago, and the bike was in race pattern which Colin hadn't run before. He did a couple of hours on it, and never once shifted the wrong way - in the middle of an endurance race!!

IMHO it's worse going from race to road, because it's upshifts that you don't have time to think about. You just step on the lever and over-rev the thing accidentally. Downshifts give you more time to think - and you're using the clutch as well.

Be a little circumspect and you'll be fine Rob.

good points Marshy.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I'm 50. Had a 4 yr break no riding. Never used race pattern before or quick shifter. Only had 2 days at the track so far on the new bike so lots to think about and loved it. It felt natural and no incorrect shifts. Couldnt believe I hadn't had race shift prior. First time ever doing south circuit I was doing under 1.10 fairly easy and a best of 1.07.54.

Try it you'll love it. I'm never going back.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Race shift rules. I run my gsxr road bike with race shift as well due to both bikes feeling pretty similar on and a few mishaps going from track to road ,nothing serious, just expecting engine breaking and no getting it). You get used to it in one session and might make a mistake later in the day but for the most part once you are going its fine. Your brain knows what to do, trust it!
    do a burnout

I did exactly what your how to said not to do. I wired it the wrong way round an had a shit time with the bike QS

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I did exactly what your how to said not to do. I wired it the wrong way round an had a shit time with the bike QS
    That's why I did a new 'how-to'. Although I got the colours right in the new one, it's not as overall clear to see the process....

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...r-without-loom

Annitori quickshifter without loom - Yamaha R6

I followed the how to

Bike was wired right the first time round (same as the how to). But everytime I shift, the bike lurches then power comes back on. Not like a proper QS. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by chubb; 21-09-2014 at 04:37 PM.

your asian.........arnt you suppose to be good at electronics

You still got the coil harness Marshy?

did everything.. made sure my shift linkage is at 90 degrees. Set the sensitivity to all 3 different settings.. swapped the wires around so opposite ends to go the switchblock and motor (didnt cut anything but the QS light came on)

swap it back the other way and the bike cuts for way too long, the bike lurches and then power comes back on..
    Last edited by chubb; 21-09-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Do the revs scream for a sec before it lurches ?
    think about the feeling on the bike here, is it screaming and then smacking your head towards the windshield before it kicks in ?

I still have my harness sitting around if you want to try it BTW

would be much appreciated.

nah the bike just cuts...... shifts the gear due to the cut... and after like a second or so power comes back on

PM me your postal address again. I'll whack it in the post in the morning for you.

Cheers Jamie..

having the loom seemed to work for Stuart so hopefully it does the same for me.. thanks again

You need to be a bit more specific. If it's a new install, then it sounds like a wiring issue. Those cheapo two-pin plugs are prone to issues, so I'd suspect that.

I swapped Stu's quickshifter (as a warranty exchange), and the brand new one was exactly the same as the old one. So it's not the unit. I put his old unit on one of my bikes, and it was flawless. So it's the wiring. Either the plug or where the wires join the switchblock wires. Adding a coil harness just replaces both of those potential problem areas.

aye it wasnt the qs unit in the end ( cpu ) bit. All i can say is i was incredibly careful making sure all the connections were 100%. Hasnt missed a beat since, an i did end up using the sub harness for the coils. Bit of a pain in the ass though but happy now

Mmm find out soon. I'll pull it all apart again. Just to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    This is for Stu. I will prepare better photos later, but for now this will have to do (writing this from Team Zero's house in chilly Canberra, late at night).

How to wire up an Annitori quickshifter to an R6 without using the supplied Annitori loom (and without even having to remove the fairings!! They should all be fitted like this). I tested it yesterday, and apart from initially having the wires the wrong way round - d'oh! no harm; it just didn't cut the spark - it worked sooooo well.

iv e bought those same water-proof plug from ebay, they're great .... an if u ask the seller nicely, he'll send u a pdf file with full instructions on how to fit it all together
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    iv e bought those same water-proof plug from ebay, they're great .... an if u ask the seller nicely, he'll send u a pdf file with full instructions on how to fit it all together
    Thanks champ. You're a grade A genius....

Thread Information