Thread: Sidi boots size guide

Sidi boots size guide

Hi all,

Need everyone that wears Sidi boots to chime in.

I want to get a set of Sidi boots to replace the Dainese ones. However CMC (local store) don't have any in stock to try.

Researching online gives me all sorts of different answers.

My foot size is just shy of 27cm (26.7cm to be exact). I wear a 42EU work shoe (Ecco). Based on the Sidi size chart I should buy a 43EU Sidi boot. Just to add confusion based on the sizing chart of Dainese I should be a 41EU but I wear a 43EU.

Got some conflicting answers online regarding the Sidi's that suggest maybe even a 44EU. However if I buy online they are coming from Germany, so want to cut postage down as much as possible.

Anyone can chime in how close their sizing's are?? Etc foot size in cm and what size sidi boot you got

Cheers!
    Last edited by chubb; 29-10-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Still trolling the internet and one set of Sidi size guide puts a 27cm foot at 44EU and another internet site puts a Sidi size guide that says a 27cm foot is a 43EU.

phew the headache to just buy a boot?!

do yourself a favour and get the A* supertech R's they are the tits, most comfortable boot I've tried on I used to commute in them too

I just picked up a pair of A* SMX for $51 lol
    do a burnout

I wear a size 11us in all my shoes and my vortices are an 11, they fit perfectly. Keep in mind, if you're getting vortices, they have the foot, lower shin and upper shin adjustment, so even if you get one size too big, it's easy to tighten up the foot and lower shin to get your foot nice and planted.

However if you have heel guards that catch your boots frequently, don't get the vortices, mine get caught on my heel guards and it has already damaged the armour after a handful of uses, need to adjust my riding style.

My foot measures in (by just placing a ruler and heel against the wall) at 26.6cm, I'm wearing a 44 vortice. I wear a 44 in my connies as well and most other shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Still trolling the internet and one set of Sidi size guide puts a 27cm foot at 44EU and another internet site puts a Sidi size guide that says a 27cm foot is a 43EU.

phew the headache to just buy a boot?!
    our feet sound rather close for size.

i've got sidi vortice in a 45 and it's a comfy fit. i have a broad foot.

you really do need to try them on somewhere

What tempest said. Because of my wide foot, I wear a 45 Sidi (and Gaerne), but usually a size US10.5 sneaker. From memory, the guides tell me I should be a 43.

I am not going to measure my foot in the office, sorry. But you can try my Sidi and Gaerne for size if you like.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

i would be a size 42 but in sidi boots i have the eu43 . your welcome to try them on on sat/ sun at the creek
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I am not going to measure my foot in the office, sorry.
    why not??

wouldn't be the weirdest thing thats happened in an office!

haha I have an office tucked away so its all good

Quote Originally Posted by tempest View Post
    why not??
    Flopping out my 12 inches ('foot') of dangling death in the office environment, brandishing a tape measure, would cause all sorts of sexual harassment complaints.... from me! I'd be mobbed by the ladies (and one of the gentlemen).

I'm a 9 1/2EE which equates to the 44 in my last pair of sidi and my new vortices. I also tried Gaerne and was a 44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jashdown View Post
    However if you have heel guards that catch your boots frequently, don't get the vortices, mine get caught on my heel guards and it has already damaged the armour after a handful of uses, need to adjust my riding style.
    Scared the shit out of me too on the first session out.
    Straight back in the pits and got the grinder onto those stupid ridges on the heel.
    Problem solved.

Sounds like a 43/44 is the best bet..

Mmmm 3 hour drive just to try on boots :/

The things to watch is the shape of the Sidi's, as a general rule they tend to be particularly narrow in the last and low over the instep, but I have weird feet (even by Aussie standards), so maybe that won't be an issue for you. I hope they work out well for you though, they make some nice gear!

Not much help but... I was a 42EUR on the A*s and still a 42EUR on the Vortice. They take longer to put on but they feel awesome on track!

I got a 43 coming from Germany. Will receive it in a couple of weeks!

I have a 266mm foot and my sidi vortice boots are 44eur, I wouldn't go any smaller there snug

If I could go back I would buy alpinestars they look easier to get on and off

I've had A*, Dainese, Falco, Berik & the old Sidi Vertigo.

I love the Sidi's the best hence why I would want to go back with them.

I got a 43 coming from Germany. Will receive it in a couple of weeks!
    well if the 43 doesnt fit you could always sell them to me really cheap and get a 44.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

I'll sell it to you for what I've paid for it.. haha

There's a return policy and even if I ship it back, they're giving me free postage to Oz. I would still be in front by $250 at the worst case scenario compared to if I bought it at a local shop here.. or in Sydney for that matter.

That's if you can find them in Sydney......

Pleased to report back that the 43 fit really well.

They are very stiff to start with but after wearing them at night while eating dinner for about hour per night they are getting more and more comfortable.

Initally when I put them on and jumped on the bike I couldn't change gears at all.. now that they are breaking in a bit more I can move a little more freely in them.

Looking forward to riding with them!

Initally when I put them on and jumped on the bike I couldn't change gears at all.
    Race pattern costs me time with new boots, road pattern doesn't.

my new boots showed up to-day...sent Friday arrived lunch time to-day
    Very happy...my oldSidi's had one zipper replaced and the new one was pull out now and were a bastard on my little toes as I have a duck foot and I had to take my boots off between races/sessions
    These Alpine stars are a perfect fit and they won't catch on my rear set heal guards
    PB180498.jpg
    they size one size bigger than the sidi's, I was worried about the bootie thing but that works very well too, I don't have to wear wet socks to get them to mold to my feet
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Ooh pictures.

Wearing them in

Have you rubbed them with dubbin? If not should get some and assuming the sun comes out again leave them in the sun for coupla hrs to soak in. Works a treat and makes them a bit resistant to water.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

I will cheers!

Looking very flash lads.
    do a burnout

Grind the little lip off the inside of the heels.

I was gonna use race tape

Just be wary that it'll catch if it can fit into or under the heel guards on your rearsets.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFY View Post
    Just be wary that it'll catch if it can fit into or under the heel guards on your rearsets.
    That's why I'm trying Alpinestars this time
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

I've got bad ankles (& knees for that matter) from snowboarding so I like a stiff boot.
    I'd give the gaernes a go as they seemed to be 2nd in that department.

The Gaernes hook up as well. Veitchy tapes his up and I've bent the heel guards on my bike, so they don't catch. Can be a bit disconcerting when your hard into a corner and cant get unhooked!
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Can't bend the CF ones on the Gilles

Can't bend the CF ones on the Gilles
    Try pinch weld or tubing over the leading edge
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

I used to remove the heel guards on my bikes... PITA getting caught on those! The Vortex won't let you though so now I just learned to put my feet in a way they don't get caught. Still preferred to remove them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I used to remove the heel guards on my bikes... PITA getting caught on those! The Vortex won't let you though so now I just learned to put my feet in a way they don't get caught. Still preferred to remove them though.
    I've never actually caught my heel on the guards, so it must be a technique thing. I'm rocking the Gaernes now and they are awesome! As good as the Sidis, but without requiring a postgraduate engineering qualification to get them on and off. Not quite as stiff overall, but there's not much in it.

I have to admit I caught it on the heel guards a couple of times already when I was just sitting and moving on the stationary bike

The Sidis will catch if you're not careful but they're nowhere near as bad as the A* I had before... that was downright dangerous.

Grind it flush and you'll have no prob

Thread Information