Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St George vids - SMP Nov 2013

St George vids - SMP Nov 2013

600cc race 1:

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Did McCarthy did a huge jumpstart? Or is that just the vid?

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Did McCarthy did a huge jumpstart? Or is that just the vid?
    Sure looked like it, then tried to self correct by binning it in T2?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    600cc race 1:

Nice footage. Mitch's Suzuki has some power on the straight ... did you decide to concentrate on the Clubsport 600 for the WE after this one?

Mitch certainly travelling along on the straights.

Good see a gsxr finally making the podium on the 600s

Dunno what he had under the hood though, cos that thing hauled ass!! Mine isn't exactly slow (although mine's a bog-stock engine). Or is it just that he's 35kg lighter than me??

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Nice footage. Mitch's Suzuki has some power on the straight ... did you decide to concentrate on the Clubsport 600 for the WE after this one?
    I actually did the 2nd 600 race on Sat too, but it was also full of near-carnage - which I wouldn't normally mind, but with eyes on the championship prize, I didn't want to get taken out in 600 and lose Clubsport as a result.

Well here goes , did this one 1st for you Dan , lets hope it works.

Sunday Race 18 clubsport 600cc

Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post

all good...

Sunday Race 2 600cc

Last edited by BoB; 04-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

That was me right in front of dan when he went down, never heard a thing lol. Hope
    he's ok.
    Last edited by dadat178; 04-11-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Sunday Race 6 Clubsport 600cc

Dans 2nd excursion on T11 (2:10)
    Stu exiting turn 2 (4:28) I had to run wide to miss the duc , luckily I missed stu too.

Cbr 600rr 07 track

Sunday Race 6 Clubsport 600cc

Dans 2nd excursion on T11 (2:10)
    Stu exiting turn 2 (4:28) I had to run wide to miss the duc , luckily I missed stu too.

I like 7:50 too when you make it stick after the attempt the previous lap where he cut your nose off!

thank you for not running me over eeek

He didnt really cut me off, I saw the yellow flag just as I went passed him so I slowed for him to take his place back.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Sunday Race 12 clubsport 600cc

Good battle with stu who wouldnt give me an inch. Tried to get passed several times but he was the master..

Cbr 600rr 07 track

Great vid, amazing riding for your first racing,

He didnt really cut me off, I saw the yellow flag just as I went passed him so I slowed for him to take his place back.
    I missed the yellow ... in that case nice self correction. :-)

I really enjoyed racing with you guys thanks for loading up the vids, you were flying if you havnt raced much before, excellent safe riding

Geez bob nice job avoiding stu. Love these vids. Again, well done everyone. You all provided a very entertaining weekend and the giving keeps coming with the vids and pics.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Sunday Race 18 clubsport 600cc 2nd start after red flag

Cbr 600rr 07 track

Sunday Race 12 clubsport 600cc

Good battle with stu who wouldnt give me an inch. Tried to get passed several times but he was the master..

Nice riding. Looked like Andre on the yellow gixxer just won on the drag to the line, but you murdered him on the straight on the previous lap.

Here's the footage from 600cc race 1, my first ever race and starting from near back of grid. Massive adrenaline rush!

WOAH!

Sunday Race 8 600cc

Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by Jashdown View Post
    Here's the footage from 600cc race 1, my first ever race and starting from near back of grid. Massive adrenaline rush!

Friggin flying, Natsoft says you got 18th in R8, one more than Mario ... on a Kwaka ! What's the year model of your GSXR600 ... and are you running Power Commander? Your speedo reads way more than mine ever has, most probably something to do with the pilot .

Friggin flying, Natsoft says you got 18th in R8, one more than Mario ... on a Kwaka ! What's the year model of your GSXR600 ... and are you running Power Commander? Your speedo reads way more than mine ever has, most probably something to do with the pilot .
    That's an R6 isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    That's an R6 isnt it?
    Could well be Dan, I was just going off the Natsoft run sheet, which I even got a ruler out to check and has Suzuki 600 against Josh's name, but could be incorrect.

That speedo is way off, I think it reads around 5 or 10% over, so the 280 it said is really only 250-260, I'm not that quick, haha! It's got 15-45 sprockets I'm pretty sure, which is why it reads so far over. It's an 07 model with no PC and over 20000km on the clocks, not a chance in this universe that she will ever hit 280km/h :P

Sunday Race 6 Clubsport 600cc Rear view

Cbr 600rr 07 track

awesome vids guys .. looks like you had a blast . so devo didnt make this as would have been my first race also. well done to all who raced!

Could well be Dan, I was just going off the Natsoft run sheet, which I even got a ruler out to check and has Suzuki 600 against Josh's name, but could be incorrect.
    Looks like I was wrong haha I don't even know what a later model gixxer dash looks like!

Hey Dan with moves like that maybe look at the next Olympics. Those gymnasts got nuthin on you.

That speedo is way off, I think it reads around 5 or 10% over, so the 280 it said is really only 250-260, I'm not that quick, haha! It's got 15-45 sprockets I'm pretty sure, which is why it reads so far over. It's an 07 model with no PC and over 20000km on the clocks, not a chance in this universe that she will ever hit 280km/h :P
    That's cool was was comparing apples with apples, or should that be Suzuki's with Suzuki's. My GSXR600 K1, stock sprockets, has PC, but not connected. Max I've seen speedo was 265, which is probably really 220ish. I like the gear indicator too, so has slipper clutch as well?

That's cool was was comparing apples with apples, or should that be Suzuki's with Suzuki's. My GSXR600 K1, stock sprockets, has PC, but not connected. Max I've seen speedo was 265, which is probably really 220ish. I like the gear indicator too, so has slipper clutch as well?
    Well if it's stock sprockets and you saw 265, I'd say it's not too far off. My GPS timer clocked my top speed at 245km/h a few months back and my speedo only read 270 then, so going off that, mines approx 10% out. Yeah gear indicator is useful, if it works, which mine doesn't. I've got a TRE installed, so gear indicator is now useless, but it would have been extremely handy when coming into turn 2 after the start! Yep, got a slipper clutch which is my favourite part of the whole bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Hey Dan with moves like that maybe look at the next Olympics. Those gymnasts got nuthin on you.
    Looked like one scary ride to me. Can see where you did the ankle, it's the first part to come down. There were no still flags when I approached. Could see from the look on your face things were not good. So I put hand up cause you were kinda still on the line, and no yellow flag to warn couple of other behind me. Could see you were not going to be able to move in reasonable time, and session would have to be a red flag. Even thought about stopping. Straight after I rode past you I saw the reds come out at T18/T12 position.

So any news when they letting you go home?

Well if it's stock sprockets and you saw 265, I'd say it's not too far off. My GPS timer clocked my top speed at 245km/h a few months back and my speedo only read 270 then, so going off that, mines approx 10% out. Yeah gear indicator is useful, if it works, which mine doesn't. I've got a TRE installed, so gear indicator is now useless, but it would have been extremely handy when coming into turn 2 after the start! Yep, got a slipper clutch which is my favourite part of the whole bike!
    I like your bike ... wanna swap No ... don't blame you. I might look into a TRE too!

Sunday Race 6 Clubsport 600cc Rear view

Well at least Nicks get a good look at his Old wet bike (no 333)...

did you find the tre made much difference down low? lookig at buying one now atm also for my k7

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    did you find the tre made much difference down low? lookig at buying one now atm also for my k7
    If one has a Power Commander, do you need a TRE? http://pingelonline.com/timing_retard_eliminator.htm

Looked like one scary ride to me. Can see where you did the ankle, it's the first part to come down. There were no still flags when I approached. Could see from the look on your face things were not good. So I put hand up cause you were kinda still on the line, and no yellow flag to warn couple of other behind me. Could see you were not going to be able to move in reasonable time, and session would have to be a red flag. Even thought about stopping. Straight after I rode past you I saw the reds come out at T18/T12 position.

So any news when they letting you go home?
    Nup, still in here. Haven't heard back about my CT scan from this morning. If I dont get an answer tomorrow I'm leaving. Fuck this I dont have time to sit in hospital.

This is my footage from the crash in the restart of 600 clubby. Talk about target fixation, typical noobie mistake for me.

If one has a Power Commander, do you need a TRE? http://pingelonline.com/timing_retard_eliminator.htm
    Yes. PC 5 doesnt do ignition. If you dont have a PC then maybe have a look at the woolich data logger. For around the same $$$ as a PC it also does the XTRE funtion and much more. I was thinking of going the reflash CPU to save $$$ but I'd probly end up spending more later on the xTRE and PC. So think Ill bite the bullet and get the woolich. Another bonus for gixxers owners like me is you can turn off the FI fault lights without the need for all those resistor plugs to trick the ecu into thinking exup, pairs, steering dampener etc. http://www.woolichracing.com/logbox.aspx Worth a read at least.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    When I bought the bike, it already had the TRE installed, but there is a distinct lack of power below 5k, so I dunno if that's typical of the TRE or not, but it's noticeable, it's in the useless spectrum of the tacho anyway though, so no problem.

Looked like one scary ride to me. Can see where you did the ankle, it's the first part to come down.
    Yeah gotta stick the landing specially at olympic level.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Fuck this I dont have time to sit in hospital.
    LOL you crack me up. Hit the books early, quiet enuf to study?

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Yes. PC 5 doesnt do ignition. If you dont have a PC then maybe have a look at the woolich data logger. For around the same $$$ as a PC it also does the XTRE funtion and much more. I was thinking of going the reflash CPU to save $$$ but I'd probly end up spending more later on the xTRE and PC. So think Ill bite the bullet and get the woolich. Another bonus for gixxers owners like me is you can turn off the FI fault lights without the need for all those resistor plugs to trick the ecu into thinking exup, pairs, steering dampener etc. http://www.woolichracing.com/logbox.aspx Worth a read at least.
    Thx Medic, Sounds like it could be the go.

This is my footage from the crash in the restart of 600 clubby. Talk about target fixation, typical noobie mistake for me.

Looked at the vision I don't think you target fixated, bike in front was blocking line of sight of incident, so you followed him wide as he did, which is probably for the best, otherwise you could of collected him as he braked. Good job on missing fallen rider as you were brushed by faster moving bike.

Thx Medic, Sounds like it could be the go.
    So far I haven't heard from anyone that has used one but I'm willing to be the guinea pig. Unless you beat me to it.

Thread Information