Thread: St George Clubsport 600 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    cheap old bikes is the domain on PCRA....... my bike is an 06 model, April actually, so will be 8 years old next year ( if the damn thing is repairable after going bang ) .. I bought this bike as I knew the FRAME design hadn't changed much in 7 years or so.. to me the chassis side is far ore important and with the R6 they got it right pretty much straight away with minimal changes through its life.
    Clubsport has always followed supersport regs........ why would you enter a class if you do not like the rules. I will always be at a disadvantage with my size and my weight ( although im working on my weight ) some of you I race against weigh less than 70kgs at 4kg / effective rwbhp im giving away 6rwbhp do the math... its not looking so uneven now is it.. If you less than 70kgs DO NOT SPEAK TO ME EVER AGAIN lol This is my penalty for playing league and soccer and now getting on a bit in years If I can follow the rules and make it a bit more even then all good. If you feel the need to have your engine worked then go for it as long as your following the supersport 600 rules its all good by me my bike has race cams in it designed for mid range and they are timed , it has a full system on it, it is running std compression, but it was put together very very well...... but now it is dead :( sniff sniff so not as highly modified as some might think at least in my case

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    cheap old bikes is the domain on PCRA....... my bike is an 06 model, April actually, so will be 8 years old next year ( if the damn thing is repairable after going bang ) .. I bought this bike as I knew the FRAME design hadn't changed much in 7 years or so.. to me the chassis side is far ore important and with the R6 they got it right pretty much straight away with minimal changes through its life.
    Clubsport has always followed supersport regs........ why would you enter a class if you do not like the rules. I will always be at a disadvantage with my size and my weight ( although im working on my weight ) some of you I race against weigh less than 70kgs at 4kg / effective rwbhp im giving away 6rwbhp do the math... its not looking so uneven now is it.. If you less than 70kgs DO NOT SPEAK TO ME EVER AGAIN lol This is my penalty for playing league and soccer and now getting on a bit in years If I can follow the rules and make it a bit more even then all good. If you feel the need to have your engine worked then go for it as long as your following the supersport 600 rules its all good by me my bike has race cams in it designed for mid range and they are timed , it has a full system on it, it is running std compression, but it was put together very very well...... but now it is dead :( sniff sniff so not as highly modified as some might think at least in my case
    Are you talking to Me??

so pulling the old "power to weight ratio" hey stu???

interestingly, TON has changed the rules for FOz and FX600 to be only privateers to even the field...

Ironically...I raised this with Steve Wyres and Jan at the beginning of the year (changes to clubby), but then I go out and run my zx6 in FOz against mostly litre bikes... there is a subclass (600 SS) that makes it fun none the less...

agree with longer lag time for bikes to become eligible and the suggest from the big fella re penalty for mods...but how do you police it? if you can make that simple, then it can be implemented... most people dont know what make of bike they are looking at without stickers (me included) so knowing year model, has it been modified etc is a overwhelming to implement for those that are doing it. injection and traditional vs USD suspension are pretty obvious to identify)

Open to ideas!

cheers

little Mick
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    cheap old bikes is the domain on PCRA.......
    Nope, sorry Stu, I thought the same until we bought PCRA bikes and discovered there's nothing cheap about them. As the bikes get rarer, they get more expensive. Try to pick up a period 6 bike cheap these days, it's impossible and period 5 bikes are even more expensive. At the moment, pre-modern aren't too bad, but they are on the increase as they get older.

At the end of the day, your bike is already 7 years old and if no one was allowed a modified engine, you would never have had to spend the money on the rebuild in the first place and would probably still have a reliable, running, standard bike; which would have cost far less than it has so far and will in the near future.

The problem with weighing so much more (remember I'm 124kg, so I'm giving away far more of a disadvantage than anyone) is you are already disadvantaged, so when others have worked engines it makes it impossible to compete with unless you go out and spend extra money to try to make up the difference. So many times on Sunday I got stuck behind much slower riders with modified bikes because they had so much more power than me (combined with the weight advantage) and as I overtook them coming out of corners they would then pull back in front of me and pull away on any of the straight bits. Should I have to go out and spend thousands of dollars just so I can have a slight disadvantage rather than a huge one?

The problem with allowing engine mods is that it costs everyone shitloads, just to be on an even playing field; and the only winners out of it are the mechanics and the big losers are the racers. At least my idea (which I just pulled out of my arse) would allow ex-prostock and superstock bikes as well as superbikes and supersport bikes to be eligible, but the more modified ones just have to wait a couple more years before they fit into that category. Remember, there's always the Unlimited and 600 classes for those that want to run the latest and greatest, so it's not like they are missing out entirely; they are just not getting an unfair advantage over the poor budget conscious racer that just wants to run a cheap old bike.

This has given me an idea. I have a modification to my previous rules outlined above. As long as you are over 110kg, you can run engine mods in the 7 year old bike and don't have to wait the extra 2 years. At lease that way you won't be disadvantaged for being 'big boned'.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    This has given me an idea. I have a modification to my previous rules outlined above. As long as you are over 110kg, you can run engine mods in the 7 year old bike and don't have to wait the extra 2 years. At lease that way you won't be disadvantaged for being 'big boned'.
    Nelso...I Call your new rule, and up the steaks... to qualify for the above rule, you need to have either - 3 pies, half a chicken and chips or a 450g Rump with mushroom sauce and a bowl of wedges.... before each race..
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    Nelso...I Call your new rule, and up the steaks... to qualify for the above rule, you need to have either - 3 pies, half a chicken and chips or a 450g Rump with mushroom sauce and a bowl of wedges.... before each race..
    You should have to carry a pillion! or ride a Harley to make up the difference in weight, or race your 600 against 1000's.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    You should have to carry a pillion! or ride a Harley to make up the difference in weight, or race your 600 against 1000's.
    This.. and its so much fun on the right tracks...not so on drag strips
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    I'm happy to seat on that same table with Nelso and take on above specs.... after watching all your videos I cant wait to run my Stock Honda in whatever I can.

Thread Information