How to wire up an Annitori quickshifter to a bike without using the supplied Annitori loom (and without even having to remove the fairings!! They should all be fitted like this). This is an R6, but will apply to most modern Japanese bikes, and even the wire colour will be the same on most. The same principle applies to other bikes too. This is the main ignition circuit from the run/stop switchblock. The plug might not be blue on other bikes though! Use your judgement.

It doesn't matter what colour wires you use for the plug, so long as you follow the orientation of this guide. If you get them the wrong way round, the quickshifter will light up with shift signals, but the ignition won't be cut and the quickshift function won't work. Follow the testing procedure (carefully!!) to check that it works as it should.

Normal disclaimers apply here - this worked for me on my bike, but you should use this guide at your own risk. I haven't tested it on other bikes (although several friends have done their CBR600s this way), and every bike might be different.

You will need a female plug to match the plug on the quickshifter. Just search ebay for 'waterproof plug' and find one like this - they are quite distinctive (and cheap!).