Quote Originally Posted by Jashdown View Post
Any idea how much this one cost from the auction (if you don't mind divulging). This talk of how much faster the R6's are is making me feel as though I need one.
They are normally somewhere from $5k to $5.5k including fees, depending on condition and year. Building them up from scratch is definitely not the cheapest way to get into an R6. There's a lot of work involved, and you run a big risk each time that there's something seriously or fatally wrong with the bike (I had to throw away most of, and part out the rest of, a bike not that long ago that had unseen terminal frame and swingarm damage, and I've had two now that have had serious engine damage too). Assuming nothing is seriously wrong, there's normally $3k+ in bits that need to go on to get it race ready (fairings, engine covers, frame sliders, shark fin, quickshifter, clipons, levers, tyres, braided lines, 520 chain and sprockets, tank sliders, tank grip, lockwiring, suspension servicing and revalving, PLUS whatever damage there was to the bike). It's cheaper to buy a sorted ex-racebike second-hand.

But yeah, get an R6!!! They rock!!