Thread: St George handicap replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    Mitch Levy has been racing since 2008, Michael Blair, Callum Spriggs and Mark Bailey have raced since 2011, Grahame McCarthy was an A grader overseas. McCarthy did 4 races last year as a D grader and came back as a D grader this year despite doing a 1:40! Mitch Levy is still in C grade this year after racing for years and doing a 1:37's last year, yet Little Mick went up to C grade after doing 1:45's and Leanne went to B grade after doing 1:44's. The grading system is a fucking joke!

I'm all for renaming D grade as Novice, wearing newb vests and having no prizes as it will stop people like McCarthy from wanting to race in it.

Whatever they do, they need to sort it out, as the situation as it is now is pointless.
    Yep, some sort of sick joke. It's beyond funny.
    I started not even thinking about it now. I just want to get closer to the front (near the d graders) on the BMW and Pcra isn't graded.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I'm not quite sure what part you are frustrated about in this discussion?
    I'm frustrated with people having a whinge, over who is faster than them, with aforementioned parties, not being on this forum to defend themselves. Let's put it like this... Kev Curtin... been racing for decades, A grade rider, loses Yamaha sponsorship, gets an injury, puts him into the 1:50 bracket... by some people's theory on here, based on his prior experience, he should still be an A grader, but is lapping at D grade pace... what then? Hardly seems fair...

I figure, yep, people are faster than me in my grade... it will happen in every grade, deal with it. Try and go faster. As senator8 said, don't think about it, and go out and race!!
    Last edited by DisPlaCeD; 19-11-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    Isle of Man TT Apprentice.
    Racing... it's life. Everything else is just waiting.
    2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike -SOLD
    2010 Kawasaki ZX6R Race bike (my chariot for the IOMTT)

Quote Originally Posted by DisPlaCeD View Post
    I'm frustrated with people having a whinge, over who is faster than them, with aforementioned parties, not being on this forum to defend themselves. Let's put it like this... Kev Curtin... been racing for decades, A grade rider, loses Yamaha sponsorship, gets an injury, puts him into the 1:50 bracket... by some people's theory on here, based on his prior experience, he should still be an A grader, but is lapping at D grade pace... what then? Hardly seems fair...

I figure, yep, people are faster than me in my grade... it will happen in every grade, deal with it. Try and go faster. As senator8 said, don't think about it, and go out and race!!
    I don't think that's what people are saying. If Kev Curtin is lapping 1.50s then he should be in D Grade (or whatever). I think the issue that is being discussed is people lapping 1.40s and being in D Grade where that is the speed of AB grade.

I'm also not taking what people are saying as having a go at riders, they are having a go at the system. Anything said is based on fact - Rider X laps at A Grade pace. Rider X has this much previous experience. Rider X is in D grade.

No one has an issue with someone being faster than another in a certain grade. When someone is in D Grade and is lapping at an A Grade pace the question must surely be why is that person in D Grade - otherwise what is the point of the grading system?

Quote Originally Posted by DisPlaCeD View Post

Your argument is self contradictory ... if the grades don't matter then KC won't care which grade he comes back in ... and if he does care ... why are we being accused of being whingers discussing something he apparently cares about ???

Complete logic fail.

Thread Information