Thread: Post your track photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well seeing you are bringing out the oldies I dug some of mine out. Here's a few from mid 1994 to mid 1998. Sorry about the quality but they are pictures of pictures.

The first one is 1994 at Eastern Creek on my RGV250 before I turned it into a race bike. I'd been riding motorbikes for a total of about 2 years here. It's funny to look at these compared to the pictures of today.

IMAG0688.jpg

This one is mid 1994 at Amaroo. My very first race meeting. I'm 5th last in this pic.

IMAG0689.jpg

I don't have any from 1995. These next ones are 1996 at the Port Kembla TT.

IMAG0690.jpg

To give you an idea of the size of the Grids back then. This is at Eastern Creek I think in 1996 in the 250cc Production Class.

IMAG0693.jpg

These ones are at Oran Park in 1997 at the 6 Hour. I raced a GSXR750. A mate loaned us his road bike to race at it and we threw some fairings on it and raced in the 6 Hour.

IMAG0694.jpg

RGV250 1997. I think the top pic is Oran Park and the bottom one is Eastern Creek old turn 12.

IMAG0691.jpg

Last but not least, RS125 in 1998 at Eastern Creek. I did about 4 meetings on this bike and then retired.

IMAG0695.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    The first one is 1994 at Eastern Creek on my RGV250 before I turned it into a race bike. I'd been riding motorbikes for a total of about 2 years here.
    1994??? Best year ever, the year the world was blessed with my presence. Anyone feeling old yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    1994??? Best year ever, the year the world was blessed with my presence. Anyone feeling old yet?
    Setiously who the hell was born in 94?! Feeling very old...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

These ones are at Oran Park in 1997 at the 6 Hour. I raced a GSXR750. A mate loaned us his road bike to race at it and we threw some fairings on it and raced in the 6 Hour.

IMAG0694.jpg
    I like these ones
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Rusty was this a Shell round. If so I think I was on this grid also, up the back somewhere. The grids were big, you had to qualify just for 250 proddies.

To give you an idea of the size of the Grids back then. This is at Eastern Creek I think in 1996 in the 250cc Production Class.

IMAG0693.jpg

I think this is a D grade race at a St George meet in 96. Man the RGV was fun. 6ft 2 and 95kegs was a bit much for bike 72.
    m bike RGV on the grid.jpg

R1 in 99
    m bike R1 turn2.jpg

And some other thing that went ok, race track was a few hundred feet above the Great Barrier Reef. No I am not a pilot.
    hornet 4.jpg

Oh and hi this is my first post, so I am no longer a Tarmac Talk stalker.

Thread Information