Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your track photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jashdown View Post
    ^If that was for me, yeah I bought it off a guy named Tim, he raced it at St George last year. Same number and everything still, he rides a blade with the number 58 now, but I haven't seen his name on any of the time sheets this year.
    Yep, that's him, Tim Morris!

I reckon that's him following me here (seems a bit bored... lol)

Haha yep, that's him alright. The paint work is in a bit better shape in that photo compared to now! I wonder if I'm any quicker than him

Not sure now... but on that day I reckon his best was a mid-46 or something like that so if you've done any faster there's a chance!

Few of my favorites from the collection

Nice mate
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

before I bin it or sell it

I think it was you I had a few little battles with at ec the other day mate! Nice bike indeed !

Hey Andrew, this a mate of yours?

Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Finally after 3 months and a missed track day due to torrential rain.........First day out on the BMW

Only issue was my exhaust burnt a hole through my belly pan and right through my new paint job! Nothing a new sticker cannot fix.

bmw track day.jpg

Not sure who's that is mate do like but

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post

That's another happy Superbike Source customer!! He just fitted them up the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    That's another happy Superbike Source customer!! He just fitted them up the other day.
    tell him to piss off and find another number :P

hahahahahaha
    I do today what people won't so I can do tomorrow what people can't

Hahaha .. Fastest rider keeps number :p nice work nick they look the goods, was admiring SAMs Suzuki the red and black one at creek on Sunday

I was thinking about doing a similar scheme on mine. Lucky I didn't (between this, and you know, making a mess of my fairings).

Still trying to get my knee down...
    1459752_752940471386115_632239627_n.jpg
    Isle of Man TT Apprentice.
    Racing... it's life. Everything else is just waiting.
    2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike -SOLD
    2010 Kawasaki ZX6R Race bike (my chariot for the IOMTT)

Quote Originally Posted by DisPlaCeD View Post
    LOL Grant
    I do today what people won't so I can do tomorrow what people can't

You need thicker sliders :p

sooooo close!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    I have a set of yellow and black 'Aussie' L plates ready for when I start racing PCRA on the LC next year.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

1st Dec
    Weeha! Back in the red after 4 years break.. The visor hides a similar face to the front guard.
    Thanks Ray.

1426525_752940128052816_598640816_n.jpg
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

A few more rider and bike evolvement

May 2012

May 2013

Jan 2013

Nov 2013

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

A few more rider and bike evolvement
    Nice ... very nice ...

I just look like an unco fuckwit in all of mine. Consistency !!

Nostalgia

The year is 1995. I'm living in Cherrybrook and my housemate (yes he was Asian) comes home with a nearly new Fireblade with a Yoshi pipe, top of the line Arai helmet and custom made race leathers with his name and cool sponsors stitched all over. (you must look cool when riding around the local shopping centre)

I was in awe, and hadn't ridden a bike since I was a kid. Not to be outdone, I went and bought some magazines and started researching and looking for the fastest bike you could buy. I didn't know that they should also handle, I just read "the fastest production bike in the world" so I bought a ZZR1100

I got it from the Kawasaki dealer in Parramatta. I didn't know at the time but Wetty worked there I arrived to pick up my bike and of course all my new gear with a mate who had just got his rider L's. I still had not ridden a bike since I was a kid and also did not yet have a license. There was a bit of a discussion about legalities with the salesman and the key was handed over. I take 20 mins in the car park working out how to put this gear on etc and then came the comedy act of trying to get it off the centre stand. Work it out eventually and get it started then proceed to wobble literally down the drive onto the street.

I concede and tell my mate I'm too nervous to double you, you'll have to double me. I do go and get my lic and do a stay upright course to learn to ride faster and discovered the track. So I then proceed to turn the big girl into a track bike and decide I need more power to catch the other bikes - custom rearsets, solo seat, big bore kit Yoshi cams, head work and jet kit, thanks.

A little over a year later I'm digging track riding and want something more suitable and lighter zx9b (not)
    I ride another year and then park the bike due to business and other things getting the way. It sits in the garage until I sell it and don't touch a bike again.

2011 rolls around, approx 14 years since my last ride. My brother turns up to my place on his just purchased K8 GSXR1000. I start researching the fastest bike I can buy..............

The rest, most of you know
    Last edited by senator8; 07-01-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Hahahaa I was 8 then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you made in home with the ZZR-1100 Rick! I bought my first bike after doing my 20 Q test at the RTA at 16 and 9 months (the minimum age). I bought the GSX-250S that night & stalled it all the way home.

I grew up in Cherrybrook by the way! Terrorized the place on mg RGV's and CBR-900's. I renewed my L's every 6 months 11 times cos back then you had no points on your L's so you couldn't lose them!

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    I'm glad you made in home with the ZZR-1100 Rick! I bought my first bike after doing my 20 Q test at the RTA at 16 and 9 months (the minimum age). I bought the GSX-250S that night & stalled it all the way home.

I grew up in Cherrybrook by the way! Terrorized the place on mg RGV's and CBR-900's. I renewed my L's every 6 months 11 times cos back then you had no points on your L's so you couldn't lose them!

Haha, yes the race tracks around cherrybrook use to be great - nice and smooth. When I look back at not just those days but other stupid stuff I've done. I'm so surprised I'm still here.
    I think I may have done the same with the L's for a while

Brilliant writeup Rick, love the old leathers! That beemer is a beautiful bike, but scarey fast.

When I look back at not just those days but other stupid stuff I've done. I'm so surprised I'm still here.
    that is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw the year... I got my license in 95 but had been driving since 93 and God knows how I didn't get 'selected' by Darwin.

Ps: By using both God and Darwin references I also ensure I please both evolutionists and creationists

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    I just look like an unco fuckwit in all of mine. Consistency !!
    Do share ...

Me at Cadwell Park earlier last year...
    Crazy wee course that - narrow, narrow track with next to no run-off around most of the corners.
    Scary times, not to mention the freaking Mountain!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Me at Cadwell Park earlier last year...
    Crazy wee course that - narrow, narrow track with next to no run-off around most of the corners.
    Scary times, not to mention the freaking Mountain!!

photo.jpg
    That's an AWESOME photo bud, if it were me I'd be getting that framed!

Awesome track that everyone should have a go on at least once great pic

Here's a couple of up to date piccy's of me and Nelso.

5jan.jpg22dec.jpgSMP-221213_1380 (2) (640x427).jpg

I see your purple Dainese leathers, Rick, and raise you purple Dainese leathers with a matching purple helmet!! I have the same model Gaerne boots as you, but mine were red....

This is 1999, on my '98 Blade at Oran Park.

And here we go.... me racing at Bathurst in 2000. The first is at the end of Conrod, tipping into the Chase, and the 2nd is obviously Murrays. Not great photos, but it's all I've got :(

and raise you a matching purple helmet!!
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Oh...Oran Park. May it rest in peace!

Nice Pics Nick, Ed, wish Bathurst was still running bikes, that would be amaaazing

I had A LOT more of Oran Park but saved them all on imageshack in case my computer crapped itself (which it did) but for some odd reason that stupid website seems to lose some of the pictures over time. Never again.

My 1st track day at Eastern Creek (SMSP for the kids), road bike and all! Good times with the annoying crack around T2 and the red and white strips

Ill have to see if I can scan some of mine and load em up.. yes kids I raced before digital cameras were invented !!

before the crash :(

looking at the photographer instead of where I was going

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    yes kids I raced before digital cameras were invented !!
    It shows!!!

On your hair...

Found another oldie!

I see your purple Dainese leathers, Rick, and raise you purple Dainese leathers with a matching purple helmet!! I have the same model Gaerne boots as you, but mine were red....

This is 1999, on my '98 Blade at Oran Park.
    That's quite the '90s getup, Marshy.... Did you have a matching shell suit?

shell-suit.jpg

Thread Information