Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Track Day 28/11/13 Pics Link

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    wasnt me...
    I've never ridden a Jason recliner ... am I missing out ... seriously? Things scare the shit out of me in terms of ground clearance and scraping.

Mick is that avatar of you on one at SMSP?

either SMSP or wacky.... cant remember which one..

they are great to ride.. my preference on the road especially.. and plenty of fun on the track with the torque... only hit 200 kph down the straight but like the 250's , fun is not necessarily directly linked to how fast in a straight line
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I heard them mention that last word a few times, so might have something to do with it. In addition to the dislocation, I have 5 broken bones around the joint. So surgery is definitely required, but it now won't be until Monday at the earliest :(

An X-ray today confirmed that my swollen, purple finger isn't broken, so that's positive. Although I just went for my first wheelchair ride, and there's something wrong with my back :'(
    Ahhh, sorry to hear. Tough gig :(

Calcaneus is the heel bone. With your photo looking so similar to mine that's probably your dislocation. The bone above that is the talus which is what I fractured. Good chance that's one of the breaks.

Where are you going for surgery?

In terms of painkillers, I found that a combination of OxyContin, endone and panadiene forte works best!
    do a burnout

Hang on we are talking bikes now??
    Or are you telling me there's a recliner available with adequate clearance capable of 200 kph or mph?
    Would be great for ad breaks for toilet or snacks.
    Sounds expensive!
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Ahhh, sorry to hear. Tough gig :(

Calcaneus is the heel bone. With your photo looking so similar to mine that's probably your dislocation. The bone above that is the talus which is what I fractured. Good chance that's one of the breaks.

Where are you going for surgery?

In terms of painkillers, I found that a combination of OxyContin, endone and panadiene forte works best!
    Heyyyy back on topic Dan. We are talking recliners here.
    Though nick might like one of the fast ones to keep his feet up.
    What was this thread about again? I'm delirious its past my nap.

Back on topic

Here is one of Phils awesome pics

Nice. Is he kermie on rats?

Sure is

Quote Originally Posted by Mazabuzz View Post
    Sure is
    Was yakking to him on Thursday. Think he's riding tomorrow.

The good news is that my back pain is a couple of broken ribs (still aligned, so missed on the first cursory scan on admission), so I'm quite relieved about that!!

The possibility/probability of surgery will be assessed on Monday, so I'm just enjoying our fine hospital food for a weekend of R & R....
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Tip of the day: Don't sneeze!

Speedy recovery, mate!

Broken ribs suck.

I fractured mine and it was shithouse.

I bruised mine a couple of times... First time I woke up the next day and HAY FEVER! I cried like a little girl, I tell youse.

The good news is that my back pain is a couple of broken ribs (still aligned, so missed on the first cursory scan on admission), so I'm quite relieved about that!!

The possibility/probability of surgery will be assessed on Monday, so I'm just enjoying our fine hospital food for a weekend of R & R....
    Re the ribs ... good news ... in a weird kinda way. Rest up ... what are you watching on the iPad to stay sane?

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Re the ribs ... good news ... in a weird kinda way. Rest up ... what are you watching on the iPad to stay sane?
    He's waiting for email notifications people are posting in this thread.

There ya go
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    He's waiting for email notifications people are posting in this thread.

There ya go
    I've got the IOM DVD series 1985 to 2009 if you want to kill a little time!

Good to hear.

Glad to hear it wasn't your back marshy, that must have been a worrying few nights!

What are the rules nowadays for going out and taking photos? I remember earlier in the year they were saying only turns 2 and 3 for photographers during the safety briefing.

Great work btw medic! put the "pro" to shame

shit just seen this after discussion about it track today, glad the back is fine mate thats the main thing. Hope you recover soon mate and get back on your feet.

Did anyone else today find T1 also very shit .. my front wanted to wash out on numerous occasions today .. totally messed with my head

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Glad to hear it wasn't your back marshy, that must have been a worrying few nights!

What are the rules nowadays for going out and taking photos? I remember earlier in the year they were saying only turns 2 and 3 for photographers during the safety briefing.

Great work btw medic! put the "pro" to shame
    I've never heard that. Sometimes the gates are locked preventing you driving from turn 5 onwards but I'm always prepared to walk. Only place I can't get to is the inside of the track. I dont go to the briefing if I'm not riding either.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    I've never heard that. Sometimes the gates are locked preventing you driving from turn 5 onwards but I'm always prepared to walk. Only place I can't get to is the inside of the track. I dont go to the briefing if I'm not riding either.
    Yes indeedy. Every time I hit them I thought I might be sharing a room with Nick at Westmead. I did find a smooth line through there a couple of times but think I took so many different lines yesterday very inconsistent. On the plus side I felt pretty comfy in red after a couple of laps. I'd originally bought a cheap yellow spot on thursday arvo then saw a request to swap to red. Wasn't sure at first whether such a smart idea after so long. Soooo glad I did. Only about 20 bikes in red. Don't think I held anyone up for too long

Yeah I think it was one of the first track day I did back in January/Febuary. I vaguely remember there being some forum activity at the time about JPM raising a stink about hobbyist photographers stealing his business so may have been about that. Guess they are over it.

Well stuff him. He has access to some of the best spots on the track and doesn't make use of them. Think he has gotten lazy over time and takes easy shots. He use to take better ones a few years back. So many people are out there bleeding as many $$$ out of the sport/hobby instead of promoting it. The more exposure (no pun intended) the more chance we have of getting some more funding and approval for tracks.

Well stuff him. He has access to some of the best spots on the track and doesn't make use of them. Think he has gotten lazy over time and takes easy shots. He use to take better ones a few years back. So many people are out there bleeding as many $$$ out of the sport/hobby instead of promoting it. The more exposure (no pun intended) the more chance we have of getting some more funding and approval for tracks.
    have to agree, I understand he is running a business, but he managed 3 photos of me yesterday, all were from behind past the apex of the corner (knee up) there were only 7 bikes out in my session, you would assume he would have been able to get more. I would happily stump up the $65 if there was more than a handful of pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    have to agree, I understand he is running a business, but he managed 3 photos of me yesterday, all were from behind past the apex of the corner (knee up) there were only 7 bikes out in my session, you would assume he would have been able to get more. I would happily stump up the $65 if there was more than a handful of pictures
    He's just saving film!

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    shit just seen this after discussion about it track today, glad the back is fine mate thats the main thing. Hope you recover soon mate and get back on your feet.

Did anyone else today find T1 also very shit .. my front wanted to wash out on numerous occasions today .. totally messed with my head
    Might be my imagination, but it felt different to me since the last time I was out in the dry, which was the St George race meet I think?

I almost came a cropper a couple of times trying to find a fast way through there avoiding as many bumps as possible ... some lines were extremely bumpy! I eventually found something semi reasonable closer in, but not an optimum line speed wise, then it was a matter of trying to use it consistently. It is unnerving to have your knee down in T1 with the suspension working overtime, and the rear tyre skipping.

James was trying out wide and reckons he found something that worked well ... until his throttle jammed wide open through T17.

I must have been hanging on extra hard because I managed to pull my left hand grip off, and caught it as it fell off the bike between T5 - T6. Gotta get me some grip glue before 14/15th.

Might be my imagination, but it felt different to me since the last time I was out in the dry, which was the St George race meet I think?

I almost came a cropper a couple of times trying to find a fast way through there avoiding as many bumps as possible ... some lines were extremely bumpy! I eventually found something semi reasonable closer in, but not an optimum line speed wise, then it was a matter of trying to use it consistently. It is unnerving to have your knee down in T1 with the suspension working overtime, and the rear tyre skipping.

James was trying out wide and reckons he found something that worked well ... until his throttle jammed wide open through T17.

I must have been hanging on extra hard because I managed to pull my left hand grip off, and caught it as it fell off the bike between T5 - T6. Gotta get me some grip glue before 14/15th.
    Lockwire them in place Rick...saves heart ache in the wet...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

lockwire for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    Lockwire them in place Rick...saves heart ache in the wet...
    James wired them back on for me, but they still kept coming 1/3 off, whole time down the main straight was spent twisting it back. Had horrible looking electrical tape as a packing material, really gone off, so I'll take it off, clean all the goo off and glue / wire it on. Mick any tips on how to do 'a proper job'?

I do 3 locations on the grip. tight enough to press on the rubber- not too tight to cut through... then trim the tail and twist back into the rubber grip.. different schools re where to put the tail - wetty had his glove get caught on the tail early this year/ late last year. Important to make sure you don't have any catch points..

I wrap twice but the MX guys seem to only wrap once...

Life's too Short- YOLO!

i think i found one good line there all day also, wasn't sure if was just me and slicks (first time running bigger rear)... my suspension was working hard i know that to try and settle the bike .. very un-nerving that's for sure .. and wow there was some rubber laying down thanks do those drift boys

and good timing about the grip glue, did mine two days before with some renthal grip glue and by the end of the day i had to cable tie it down .. def be looking at lock wiring it also

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    i think i found one good line there all day also, wasn't sure if was just me and slicks (first time running bigger rear)... my suspension was working hard i know that to try and settle the bike .. very un-nerving that's for sure .. and wow there was some rubber laying down thanks do those drift boys

and good timing about the grip glue, did mine two days before with some renthal grip glue and by the end of the day i had to cable tie it down .. def be looking at lock wiring it also
    damage was done by a classic muscle car weekend, ruined turn 1 for me, i hug the ripple strip now to avoid the bumps. I have to re-set my braking marker for turn 2 now though as I am not approaching it as fast due to the tighter line

the thing that i don't like is i anticipate t1 getting worse and worse and we will be seeing some more crashes there

its better now after they rolled it smooth a couple of years ago

bring back the roller time

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    its better now after they rolled it smooth a couple of years ago
    True... they had some scary bumps there for a while. Just hope the ol' T2 crack doesn't decide to make an appearance as well.

Turn 1 is officially fucked now (my perspective from my hospital bed at Westmead, almost 1 week post-crash)

Hi Nick... what line were you on ( can you remember ) i usually hug the inner kerb, knee over it to avoid the worst of the bumps, thinking of going out a little wider next time im at EC for a feel of how it is maybe 2 or 3 m out.. The bad bumps are what say 1 to 2 m out ?

Are they waiting for the swelling to go down before they sort out your ankle ?

the bump seems to happen 1 - 2 m out from the ripple.

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    Does he sell the lot or individually? If at the end of the day you could get 30-40 photos for $50 he'd probably sell a lot more. In the UK (and probably everywhere but ECRD) you can pay beforehand and he looks out for you and tries to get good ones. I reckon of he did that you'd get 3/4 of white, 1/3 of yellow and a sprinkle of the rest taking that option for sure.
    do a burnout

Steve at SDpics down at PI has taken them from every angle that I've asked for

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Hi Nick... what line were you on ( can you remember ) i usually hug the inner kerb, knee over it to avoid the worst of the bumps
    I was very, very close to the inside ripple, an inch from the white line. I was hugging closer to the curb than normal in an effort to avoid the bumps. But I was pushing really very hard too.

damn thats where i run too :( although maybe not quite as quick as you through there, but not by much..... 1st session next time out, ill watch for it, thanks

so when are you getting out of that place ??

I was very, very close to the inside ripple, an inch from the white line. I was hugging closer to the curb than normal in an effort to avoid the bumps. But I was pushing really very hard too.
    didn't back off the throttle??

I'll be honest. It didn't feel any different for me through T1, maybe Zeno did a awesome job on my gold bouncy bits but i couldnt fell any new or exagirated bump anywhere. Like nick said, he was hauling arse through there maybe you guys are looking for bumps your heads creating
    I do today what people won't so I can do tomorrow what people can't

I'll be honest. It didn't feel any different for me through T1, maybe Zeno did a awesome job on my gold bouncy bits but i couldnt fell any new or exagirated bump anywhere. Like nick said, he was hauling arse through there maybe you guys are looking for bumps your heads creating
    That's generally the case isn't it haha
    do a burnout

I'll be honest. It didn't feel any different for me through T1, maybe Zeno did a awesome job on my gold bouncy bits but i couldnt fell any new or exagirated bump anywhere. Like nick said he was hauling arse through there maybe you guys are looking for bumps your heads creating
    Not the case for me. Only second time on the track after 4 years. First time back in august I wasn't going fast enough to notice as well as getting used to a new bike. I remember it being like snooker table 4 years or so when I last rode there. I spent the last year of Oran park doing all my days there before it closed so maybe 5 yrs since I last rode ec. On Sunday in red grp with the speed up it was very unnerving.

Maybe so but to say that the bumps appeared because of the rain that happened the week before i dont by it. Mario G was out there on the 28th and had no issue with T1 bumps. Nick never said he binned it because of the bumps so i dont know where all these theories are coming from. Nick is a fucking awesome rider n doing it long enough to know what caused his incident and from what i read it was from coming in super hot.

Im out there on the 6th so I will try looking for these bumps that are putting people off.

Maybe so but to say that the bumps appeared because of the rain that happened the week before i dont by it. Mario G was out there on the 28th and had no issue with T1 bumps. Nick never said he binned it because of the bumps so i dont know where all these theories are coming from. Nick is a fucking awesome rider n doing it long enough to know what caused his incident and from what i read it was from coming in super hot.

Im out there on the 6th so I will try looking for these bumps that are putting people off.
    I read Nick's comment above to suggest something's not right with T1?
    Turn 1 is officially fucked now (my perspective from my hospital bed at Westmead, almost 1 week post-crash)
    Your new Zeno suspension setup would make a big difference from what you had ... so your baseline isn't consistent ... my suspension is unchanged ... sure felt bumpier to me on Sun.

I don't know if was due to rain, muscle cars or the SMSP pixies, last rode in dry at St George and wasn't that bumpy, so sometime in last month?

Could just be bumps in my head ... if they are ... and not in yours ... will be good for you ... you will be way fasta ...

Lol. I read that as he hates T1 because it's put him in the hospital bed for almost a week hence his comments (my perspective from my hospital bed at Westmead, almost 1 week post-crash)

But hey I'm not gonna call you a lier. If you felt something the so be it

Thread Information