Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St George FInal season results up

Had that problem with the AGV TiTech but pushing the helmet up a bit helped... no issues whatsoever on the Shark. AGV is supposed to have the best field of view of them all on the new Pista but I've never tried one.

The Shark I wore at StG was great for visibility when tucked in. My Shoei is shit but it's old and moves around too much so it was never going to be ideal. I literally have to adjust it on the straight. I'm going to pick up a Shark Carbon R (?) for my next helmet I reckon.
    do a burnout

If the same one I want, it's called Shark Race R Pro Carbon (good luck remembering that... hahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Ok, you can call them anything you like while learning, if it helps
    I've never spoken with any of the fast riders who call T9 & T12 anything other than what they are. Just sayin
    Those of us that are White group riderz have the time whilst pottering around to actually read the corner signs to learn the correct names.

SMSP should to spray paint the numberz in the tarmac.

what corner signs??
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Tucking in is definitely the go. I try and pile as much of me as possible behind the screen, keep those elbow right in too.

But question re helmet design ... the Bell I acquired recently is no where near as good as the Reevu, visibility wise with head right down in tuck. Keep having to pop head up every few seconds to see if I've run out of straight yet. Plus eyeballs are strained trying to look through the top of my head. Maybe lack of flexibility on my part from old neck injury, or common problem?
    You look all tucked in in your avatar!
    Have had 3 AGV's (all top of the line) which restrict visibility while tucked or turning tight and low. On the south circuit it drove me insane.
    Got the Bells now, visibility is massively improved in this area, in fact I have not had to lift my helmet since.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    what corner signs??
    They put them out for white group
    do a burnout

St George FInal season results up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    If the same one I want, it's called Shark Race R Pro Carbon (good luck remembering that... hahaha)
    That's the one. I hope they make it in plain white I want to put my own design on it.
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    what corner signs??
    See ... that's what I would expect from a Red group rider ...

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    That's the one. I hope they make it in plain white I want to put my own design on it.
    What size do you wear?

Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFY View Post
    You look all tucked in in your avatar!
    Have had 3 AGV's (all top of the line) which restrict visibility while tucked or turning tight and low. On the south circuit it drove me insane.
    Got the Bells now, visibility is massively improved in this area, in fact I have not had to lift my helmet since.
    Interesting re the AGV's ...

I've got the Bell RS-1 that "I won / paid for in installments" and whilst I love the feel of the fit of helmet it drives me nuts on the track and getting tucked in ... the Reevu is way better ... but I still can't really see as well as I'd like ... I'm hoping the race ones are designed for a better view when tucked in ... or tight corners. I'll have to try the Shark Race R Pro Carbon on in store to see if the field of view is an improvement.

Yeah the Avatar is a new riding style I'm working on ... the idea is to head butt the rider next to you on the inside of the turn ... less tuck and more "oh fuc"!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Arai. Best helmet since sliced bread
    What model / year, so I can include it in the ones I try on?

Helmets are a very personal thing, you really need to try them all... decide on a budget and then go shopping. I'm a massive fan of Shark helmets but that's because they fit me awesome, have an amazingly clear visor regardless of the color your pick and, to me, they have by far the best cost/benefit ratio out there.

Unlike Chubb and many many others, I'm not a fan of the Arai. Tried a few and even did a session in one (Corsair V) but in the end they cost a lot more without actually offering anything extra and to me that's a big 'no no'.

I like the fit of the Shoei as well but hate the fact that their visors don't come treated with anti fog... they're a bit on the thin side too when compared to the Shark.

The quality of the AGV is not bad, especially the paint job, but I'm not game to pay what they're asking for the Pista GP. If they dropped the prices on the Corsa I'd consider it.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 09-12-2013 at 07:04 PM.

See ... that's what I would expect from a Red group rider ...

The funny thing is I am serious I havent seen any corner signs...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I've got the Bell RS-1 that "I won / paid for in installments"

Yeah the Avatar is a new riding style I'm working on ... the idea is to head butt the rider next to you on the inside of the turn ... less tuck and more "oh fuc"!
    Ditto.
    I jam my head into a small in all helmets I've tried on (except I'm a medium in my Fox V4), my theory is if I can fit my head in it and not pass out in 3 minutes then that's the correct fit for the track. A day or 2 on the track after the padding fags out a bit, they fit perfect.

I kept thinking you were about to lose it through T1 all last Sunday.

What size do you wear?
    I'm a medium in the racer r pro carbon. Small in the standard racer r.
    do a burnout

The Shark I was wearing when I crashed was a Vision R. The shell cracked on impact so it (or, I) took a pretty heavy hit. Was going to say I walked away fine but obviously that's not true haha but I had no head or neck pains what so ever. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
    do a burnout

Try a smaller helmet, most people run them too big and it doesn't sit properly, my first one was an XL after getting fitted properly I am a S/M depending on brand

What model / year, so I can include it in the ones I try on?
    Arai vector 2 if you're on a budget and the corsair are just more exxy.

I tried the Bell carbon star and they're a great helmet too!!

I might just get a second lid.

I kept thinking you were about to lose it through T1 all last Sunday.
    Was I riding that bad? It felt a little bumpier than usual, I kept trying to find a smoother line than the last, the suspension was working hard. Looks like will be up for more wet weather practice this weekend. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    Try a smaller helmet, most people run them too big and it doesn't sit properly, my first one was an XL after getting fitted properly I am a S/M depending on brand
    True that. My Shoei is a L and O-L-D. Silly to be using it in the first place really.

Was I riding that bad? It felt a little bumpier than usual, I kept trying to find a smoother line than the last, the suspension was working hard. Looks like will be up for more wet weather practice this weekend. :(
    Not bad, rear was stepping a little through the bumps and it looked like you were putting all your attention into getting your head as far away from the bike as possible.

Can't help the weather...........

I'm a medium in the racer r pro carbon. Small in the standard racer r.
    Oh dammit... that's a really cheap one for sale atm, white and all. But it's a Race R Medium

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    Same. Then I did a track day at Oran Park and the helmet would barely stay on my head when I hit the straight! hahaha

Not sure who said it but buying it almost too tight on your face really is the way to go! As long as it's not tight on your forehead/back of the head, obviously.

Not bad, rear was stepping a little through the bumps and it looked like you were putting all your attention into getting your head as far away from the bike as possible.
    Yeah midway through Sunday had a little "oh fuc" moment between T14/T15 when the rear stepped out and spat me out of seat. Came back in at end of session and found rear outside proper range (31psi v 28psi max recommended) ... dropped it 6 psi to lower end of correct range ... it felt way better connected afterwards, T1 included. I had checked pressures first two sessions and thought they had stabilised ... obviously not ... silly mistake.

I think I'll need to prioritise getting the suspension tweaked before St George, to better deal with the "new improved T1" "with extra large corrugations".

Oh dammit... that's a really cheap one for sale atm, white and all. But it's a Race R Medium
    How cheap...

Yeah midway through Sunday had a little "oh fuc" moment between T14/T15 when the rear stepped out and spat me out of seat. Came back in at end of session and found rear outside proper range (31psi v 28psi max recommended) ... dropped it 6 psi to lower end of correct range ... it felt way better connected afterwards, T1 included. I had checked pressures first two sessions and thought they had stabilised ... obviously not ... silly mistake.

I think I'll need to prioritise getting the suspension tweaked before St George, to better deal with the "new improved T1" "with extra large corrugations".
    Mate, that's just the SBK Pro for ya

When I had mine on I dropped it to about 24 as well before I had faith in it - and even then......

Ditch the pros.

Said countless people

The rears on them aren't as great as other tyres you can get out there.

The only thing between you and the Tarmac are those round black things.

How much is your bike worth to you again?? And would you like to keep repairing them all the time?

Mate, that's just the SBK Pro for ya

When I had mine on I dropped it to about 24 as well before I had faith in it - and even then......
    I got the Superbike's ... Not touching the Pro's.

Don't forget that damaging your body sucks big-time too.......
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

How cheap...
    Well... FMD! The one I was talking about was on gumtree last night for $250... gone now!

I got the Superbike's ... Not touching the Pro's.
    Oh, figured from the massively high recommendation it must have been Pros. My bad
    do a burnout

where?
    Scratch that...
    Last edited by Negrogrande; 16-12-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: should have read the entire thread

Have a look at bikebiz online, mate! No idea what size you wear but they have the race R for $299 in some size/models and the race r pro for $499...

Found this as well!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MOTORBIKE...f4e928a&_uhb=1
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 16-12-2013 at 06:19 PM.

I bought the bikebiz one but I crashed it in the road (taxi) I'll get another one eventually

Thread Information