Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
All my problems / crashes came from passing attempts gone bad. I need to be a little more patient and chill out my hard on for dives up the inside at T11. Part of that is being on a underpowered bike compared to most/all of the other racers - something you are no doubt familiar with. If I get onto the straight behind someone all, other things being equal, I get blown away on the straights so I was trying to hard to make the pass before the straight. If I'm in front out of T12, if they catch me I'll go deeper into T1 and hold my position. Didn't lose a spot at T1 all weekend and it was my most successful overtaking section. Should probably just leave the big dive till the final lap if it's on. Realistically it's inexperience on my part and ill race a bit smarter on Feb 1.

To go faster I need to go back to basics. I'm riding on instinct most of the time with only rough ideas of markers at best. I just know round about where to brake / turn rather than having my reference points down pat. Most likely an adrenalin thing. I should back off 5% and get my game plan sorted. Might even try setting my bike up properly - I haven't touched my suspension since I bought it and just learned to ride it as is. No doubt there is something I can do in regards to that haha
Dan

some thoughts....

undertaking someone into 11 is frought with risk... you are better off getting a better drive out of 12... The block pass into 11 just slows you down and ol mate that you just got infront of can put some distance between you and him and get a good run through 12 and jump you on the straight..

If you captured video footage, revisit it and look at what typically happened... You can get more benefit on the little bike with a slip stream and overtake at the end into 1 if you are confident there, or around 1 or into 2 as you please...

Ed keeps hammering me about tucking in and slip streaming... he is absolutely right... the little old R6 needs all the help it can get..

good thinking to back it off a touch and put some method and planning into it..

adrenalin helps but can also get us undone.. watch Marshy's videos and see if you can spot how many random passes he does... he is smooth and calculated... and can rub fairings with the best of them...

just my 2c ...

cheers

Mick