Thread: Box trailer shopping.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    If you're going to use a trailermate, get a 8 ft
    Yes that's my issues right now...shit loads of 7 x 4/5 around but with trailer mate I don't think ill be able to shut waste gate.

or I buy pit bull set up and attach rear wheel which stop my installing rear wheel axle sliders....mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    or I buy pit bull set up and attach rear wheel which stop my installing rear wheel axle sliders....mmmmm
    Have a look at these:
    http://www.t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=457

They work in a similar manner to the pit bull (maybe a tiny bit more work each time, but not bad) except they clamp around axle sliders.
    The price ($90) is for a pair of them. I'm looking at getting two pairs, I just need to work out which axle block sliders will work for my R6 and for a ZX-6R.
    Shipping is ~40-50 according to the company. Let me know if your interested and we can order another set and split shipping, if your interested in making it all a little cheaper.

Personally I would still be inclined to use something to restrain the front of the bike in some way (but if you have the front wheel hard up against the front of the trailer, that would probably suffice).
    I'm planning to use a trailermate type setup to restrain the front wheel and these t-rex thingy's at the back. You probably wouldn't need the front restraint 99.9% of the time, but if you have to swerve around for some reason whilst towing, your probably running a risk of something going expensively wrong (particularly if you have more than 1 bike loaded and they can bounce into each other etc).

Edit:
    Ended up ordering some, will let you know how the system goes.
    http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...iler-Restraint
    Last edited by No_Style; 05-12-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Thread Information