Thread: Box trailer shopping.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    So the current plan - can change in the next five minutes - is to:
    1: Sell my Aston
    2: Sell the Ford or keep it - worth nothing so doesn't matter
    3: Buy a Porsche Cayenne / Cayenne Twin Turbo or ML63 4WD that is around 5 years old so its taken the massive depreciation hit
    4: Buy a trailer to use for race meets but also be able to use the ramp if need be like for just a track day or moving a bike. The Porsche has adjustable air suspension so perfect for this.

The bonus of this is I can keep the trailer and bikes together in my one car garage and a 4WD isn't that much of a risk to park on the street - currently I've got my bikes in the garage but both cars parked on the street. It can be tricky to get two parking spots at times but main issue is if someone scratches or tries to nick the Aston. Someone's already flogged one of the badges in the centre of one of the wheels.

Any thoughts on this plan? And any opinions on which 4WD to go for?

Cheers,
    Steve
    Could swap the Ford and some cash for a second hand iLoad. Get glass put in all the panels and add a backing camera. No sweating it with those three point turns. Two bikes plus gear all pretty secure for Phillip Island run too!

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Could swap the Ford and some cash for a second hand iLoad. Get glass put in all the panels and add a backing camera. No sweating it with those three point turns. Two bikes plus gear all pretty secure for Phillip Island run too!
    But use what for day to day transport you think? Also could I tow a trailer with a van as well or too much load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    But use what for day to day transport you think? Also could I tow a trailer with a van as well or too much load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With the rear windows and rear camera, the van is great for daily commute too, nice and high seating position for city traffic. Get an AC curtain between cab and load space. They are pretty safe ANCAP wise, and drive pretty much like a car. Get the most powerful engine re pulling load plus trailer. It's fine to leave on street. See if you can get sliding doors both sides too. If you want can get the van vinyl wrapped with your company details, should be a tax deductible sponsorship angle there, but best to check with accountant first.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    This is actually a good idea! It's this or get an enclosed trailer that lives in the garage. And either way, get something nicer as a daily driver.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thread Information