Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Summer Project- Trailer time !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Steve, try loading a bike on someone's ute at st george before you buy one. It is silly-hard-dangerous. I'd hate it in 5 minutes.
    Oh really? I've helped Dan load his bikes on his ute before, didn't seem too bad. I'll take the Duc or R6 down early next week when I go for test drive & have a crack at loading while I'm there. Come along if you can

But I still plan on getting a trailer, this would just be for track days or CSS days where not much gear was required. Could always use my existing ramp if need be too but prolly best to retire that thing before it ends in tears and broken fairings...
    Last edited by Spilly209; 10-01-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    By transporter Chubb, I mean a huge truck
    You can always go actros with a double trailer.

Mind you probs have to sell plenty more houses maybe even your own and start living in it too !

Ok so is there a ute that people do recommended for loading bikes? The Ranger 4x4 looks pretty damn high to me...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't do it 4x4s are shit to load bikes on to. Unless you have a dirt bike and it doesn't matter so much If you drop it hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    Oh really? I've helped Dan load his bikes on his ute before, didn't seem too bad. I'll take the Duc or R6 down early next week when I go for test drive & have a crack at loading while I'm there. Come along if you can

But I still plan on getting a trailer, this would just be for track days or CSS days where not much gear was required. Could always use my existing ramp if need be too but prolly best to retire that thing before it ends in tears and broken fairings...
    Loading onto my ute is a prick. With two people it makes it slightly easier but the headers get stuck on the ridge and it needs to be lifted over. With one man it is a horrendous balancing act. I wouldn't recommend it.
    do a burnout

The ranger does have a lower model... but all 4x4 are the so called 'high ride' or something like that. Like I said before, I had the Courier which is pretty much the same sh@t... it was the lower model and loading the bike up was easy as.

Tips ... 1:45

Spot the pretty consistent theme ...

Last edited by Phat3R; 13-01-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Its not difficult to load a bike if you have a decent ramp and the right angle .
    These are the extensions I made for the tailgate to be able to drop it so the ramps were a better angle.

Two ramps , one for the bike and the other to walk up.

I folded up some sheet for the ends of the planks to sit flush onto the tailgate .
    All pretty easy unless it rains then grip on the wood with slicks isnt the best, need a mate to assist just to be safe.
    Last edited by BoB; 13-01-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

I have not seen anyone else with a high 4x4 with your special tailgate mod???

That new trailer setup of yours looks WAY easier than the old high wire trapeze act.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    I have not seen anyone else with a high 4x4 with your special tailgate mod???

That new trailer setup of yours looks WAY easier than the old high wire trapeze act.
    Yes the trailer option is by far the way to go , but if you dont have space for a tailer then the ute option isn't too bad an option.
    I didnt have a trailer and space for one but when the offer of a free trailer came my way I managed to rearrange the back yard to make it fit.Way too good an offer that I couldnt refuse.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

OK guys, thanks for the advice - you win. Ute's dead baby.

I actually find the wagon works well for day to day + the odd bike related thing like picking up parts or whatever. So I'm going to get a good trailer, put both bikes in that and store in the garage; Sell the Aston and the Ford and get a decent wagon - thinking an Audi A3 or A4 cos they're not too big but nippy little turbo engine should give decent performance and be good on fuel. And the hatch / tailgate comes in very handy IMO. Second hand a good clean one a few years old is low $20K.

Dare I ask thoughts / feebback? (covers ears and cowers in fear...)

Nazi sled haha
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    OK guys, thanks for the advice - you win. Ute's dead baby.

I actually find the wagon works well for day to day + the odd bike related thing like picking up parts or whatever. So I'm going to get a good trailer, put both bikes in that and store in the garage; Sell the Aston and the Ford and get a decent wagon - thinking an Audi A3 or A4 cos they're not too big but nippy little turbo engine should give decent performance and be good on fuel. And the hatch / tailgate comes in very handy IMO. Second hand a good clean one a few years old is low $20K.

Dare I ask thoughts / feebback? (covers ears and cowers in fear...)
    If you had your heart on the 4x4 AND you go the trailer option then the 4x4 could also tow and hold gear as well ...

... I gotta admit I was kinda looking forward to watching/filming you back the R6 down the ramp off a two story building/4x4 ...

If you're towing anything diesel is your friend

Yea I'd prefer a diesel cos I'm going to be racking up the km's going from coogee to the track + the central coast but it looks like Petrol turbo is the most likely with an Audi wagon. But if a diesel turns up I'll grab it.

Any benefit to towing with 4x4 / Quattro over RWD?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Nazi sled haha
    HAHA!

Alright girls....I'm picking up my enclosed trailer ( love nest )tomorrow and Id like to know from the current owners of enclosed trailers what the best floor covering.

Marine carpet, Black rubber or my current fav checka floor pattern.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/27/hkrs.jpg

What ever I get I need to to suit my new lights...mmm remove control..

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/89/s94i.jpg

Purple shag pile...........oh and a disco ball.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

I'm a fan of 4mm rubber floors myself but if you go for marine carpet i have a decent size roll that you can have.

Let me know.

J.

I love rubber too ...

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    I love rubber too ...
    Is this an overshare?? TMI, Rick....
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Seriously though, I really like my marine carpet. Most importantly it's never slippery (even when wet), and despite oil, fuel and water spills at various times, it still looks great. But I've never tried rubber - flooring that is

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Is this an overshare?? TMI, Rick....
    Might be.

I was going to upload a heterosexual picture of Latex PVC fetishism ... and inquire as to it's suitability as trailer floor lining ... but the upload functionality is bwoken? Or is it just me?

rubberpvcfetishism.jpg: Imageinfo Failed: <pre>sh: /usr/bin/identify: No such file or directory</pre>
    What's wrong with 3mm aluminium plate? It's low weight, and no sign of any sagging after 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    Alright girls....I'm picking up my enclosed trailer ( love nest )tomorrow and Id like to know from the current owners of enclosed trailers what the best floor covering.

Go with a Portal theme in there?

What sort of trailer did you buy mate?

Picked it up on Gumtree for 500.00 with 6mth rego.
    Just big enough for me anyway.

Time to Bling it up....

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/1785o0j][/URL
    Last edited by Baddie; 18-01-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Picked it up on Gumtree for 500.00 with 6mth rego.
    Just big enough for me anyway.

Time to Bling it up...

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/1785o0j][/URL
    Fuck me that's cheap!!

Unreal mate!!! What a bargain! A bit of paint, signwriting and some mags, and it'll be bling-city....

why is it that everyone finds these trailer bargains but the 3 months I was looking I couldn't find shit...... and in the end I built my own which after all the dramas I could have just bought a new one for a couple hundred more

That's a bargain!!

I am very tempted to sell my box trailer in favour for an enclosed one!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    That's a bargain!!

I am very tempted to sell my box trailer in favour for an enclosed one!
    Just convert box trailer..shit loads cheaper.

Thread Information