Thread: 3rd EVER and final trackday in 2013 Progress report

3rd EVER and final trackday in 2013 Progress report

Sooo (sing in 12 days of christmas tune)......
    On my third day of trackdays, my r6 gave to me, one used up tyre, two false neutrals, and a KNEE DOWN on turn 3.... also 2, 5 and 10 and 18, a crash at turn one (at 1km/h) and a very very happy chappy...

Seriously though, best day ever... Even though i dropped the bike (absolutely no damage!!!!!!!!) i got my body position just right, lines are flowing and smooth and i even got to follow both Greg Zacconne and Mark Weaver... I even passed Weavle on Wade Lewis' "goof" HAHA it didnt last for long :P

Time to move up to green group seeing as though the guys in yellow were holding me up abit and i GOT MY KNEE DOWN!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!! 3rd trackday EVER!! and i got a knee down around 2, 5, 10 and 18. Never would have thought i would have been here after 3 trackdays..... STOKED!!!! Cheers Stu23!!!!!

Carl-52 over and out.....

A crash at T1 going 1km/h? I'm sorry... but what? lol Further explanation please...P.S. thumbs up for the rest!
    Isle of Man TT Apprentice.
    Racing... it's life. Everything else is just waiting.
    2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike -SOLD
    2010 Kawasaki ZX6R Race bike (my chariot for the IOMTT)

well, im going full throttle to the 150 mark now, so i backed off the gas and went to drop it into 5th gear and i got a false neutral!!!! (was wearing dads old Gaerne boots and i couldnt feel the gear lever as much as my other now broken boots). So i tried to get it back into 6th to make the corner and when i let the clutch out it locked up the rear..... so i pulled the clutch in and decided i would do a bit of grass tracking straight off the track. Managed to stop the bike Juuuuust before the first gravel trap and just as i was turning the bike the rear dropped into the gravel whilst the dash read 1km/h. i then promptly fell on my arse but kept the bike from hitting the deck hard. Ran over to the wall and sat out the last 4 laps. Received Cheers and applause from the other staff guys when i returned!!!

3rd EVER and final trackday in 2013 Progress report

Well done mate!!

Mark and Greg shoulda been in red

they dropped down for a giggle, Mark to try Wade's goof and Greg to follow me for a bit

Top stuff Carl!! Embarrassing the fast boys!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Im so glad I wasn't out there Carl you would have made me feel old and slow... oh wait....

Well done on getting it together!
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

like I said soon you'll be gridding up next to us!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    like I said soon you'll be gridding up next to us!
    Chubb, you're not allowed to run in novice races anymore......
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

at least another session in yellow , then we can think about moving again..... lines , body position, and the pace will come, were not in a rush

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    at least another session in yellow , then we can think about moving again..... lines , body position, and the pace will come, were not in a rush
    Bah, you're such a DAD, Stu! Let the boy have a run in the faster groups. It will be better for his riding.

Hahahahahaha hmmm if im still around ill remind you of this in say oooh another 10 or so years lol. Only 1 or 2 more in yellow to make sure all is good then onto scarey green group !

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Hahahahahaha hmmm if im still around ill remind you of this in say oooh another 10 or so years lol. Only 1 or 2 more in yellow to make sure all is good then onto scarey green group !
    +1!!!! use yellow to practice overtaking... very valuable for racing
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Dammit... I'm not even a dad (knock on wood) and I have to admit I agree with the elderly above. Don't rush it, learn as much as you can from each group (except white where all you learn is that there's a lot of ppl who shouldn't own bike) and you'll be fine, mate.

A wise man once said "you don't get faster by moving up, you move up because you got faster"**

**that wise man was me... thank you very much, peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Dammit... I'm not even a dad (knock on wood)

and I have to admit I agree with the elderly above. Don't rush it, learn as much as you can from each group (except white where all you learn is that there's a lot of ppl who shouldn't own bike) and you'll be fine, mate.

A wise man once said "you don't get faster by moving up, you move up because you got faster"**

**that wise man was me... thank you very much, peeps.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I agree with the elderly above.

Thread Information