Thread: R6 vs ZX6

R6 vs ZX6

Ok, I'm ready to be shot down in flames for this, but I was just pointed to the dyno results from the last FX round for the FX600 class. All the bikes on the list are R6s, except one. Anyone want to hazard a guess - a wild shot in the dark, perhaps - which one was the ZX6R?

Flame away, o green-eyed fanbois!!

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Number 23?

He's still quick whilst he's down on power!

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    Number 23?
    Yup. It's a bitter pill to swallow....

114hp to the wheel on a 'stock' 600 aye

Overachiever.

Suggest a follow up with Brad... from memory he was running the older girl due to probs with the later model... says a lot for his talent I reckon
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    114hp to the wheel on a 'stock' 600 aye
    My race bike is 113.6 on Nigel's dyno, and it's bog-stock. Head has never been off, no tricky engine bits, just a full system, air filter and a Bazzaz. 110 to 114 is normal for a stock R6 with a full exhaust and some dyno time.

And I had guessed that the 6 in those graphs must be an old one. Graham McCarthy's ZX6 had 110 at the wheel, with a pipe, filter and power commander. They are normally pretty much the same.

There's something wrong with the Zx6 if it's not making over 100HP. Leanne's '05 model makes over 100 and it only has a slip on and a PC3.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    There's something wrong with the Zx6
    True that!! It's a Krapasaki. Enuff said.

Oh shit, hang on, I now own 2 Kwakas!!

It says something about some girl on an old underpowered Krapasaki up there with you guys on your high powered mighty R6's then, doesn't it?!
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

At a guess, I'm thinking he'll now remind you she weighs a lot less or that it has an estra 36cc... hahahaha Dam Leanne makes us look bad! I asked Santa for some of that talent for Xmas... will see what if he delivered next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    At a guess, I'm thinking he'll now remind you she weighs a lot less or that it has an estra 36cc... hahahaha Dam Leanne makes us look bad! I asked Santa for some of that talent for Xmas... will see what if he delivered next year.
    It has an extra 36cc?!?!?!?

Well, technically 37cc really...

Is that a shot of you looking like not making the 1st turn before the cloths line on your trike.

Quote Originally Posted by phillmac View Post
    Is that a shot of you looking like not making the 1st turn before the cloths line on your trike.
    Exactly!!!

So you can run the ZX-636 in 600 class?

Oh, the extra 37cc thing got me confused, musta missed the joke (wouldn't be the first time!)

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    You will get away with running the old ones in club racing (mainly because they were heaps of shit and weren't competitive), but definitely not the new ones. The R6 riders like to have as much of an advantage as possible.
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

You will get away with running the old ones in club racing (mainly because they were heaps of shit and weren't competitive), but definitely not the new ones. The R6 riders like to have as much of an advantage as possible.
    Not quite right, I don't think Nelso. The older ones have specifically been allowed in Clubsport, and I'm pretty sure that you could run the new ones in regular 600 class for St George. The committee are pretty good like that. Besides, us R6 riders aren't scared of any green bike, even ones that extra cubes to keep up!!

So does the extra 37cc = same as an extra inch - you wouldn't say no?? 😜

So does the extra 37cc = same as an extra inch - you wouldn't say no?? 
    Ha! Something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Besides, us R6 riders aren't scared of any green bike, even ones that extra cubes to keep up!!
    Ha! My bike has an extra 400cc's and still can't keep up with your new bike!
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Don't feel too bad mate, I've suffered the indignity of Marshy blasting past me on his older, slower 600....and that was on my Panigale 😫

That's with Mark on it.... he's waaaay faster than me!! Even on Veitchy's old one (the stock motor), he just screams past me and is goooone by the next corner.

Had this conversation with the Wet one and he said that he is sure you can run them in 600
    I do today what people won't so I can do tomorrow what people can't

Nick, just wondering how your new R6 would compare to the 2013 636?
    I do today what people won't so I can do tomorrow what people can't

do you believe the wet one !

Quote Originally Posted by Mazabuzz View Post
    Had this conversation with the Wet one and he said that he is sure you can run them in 600
    Maybe the old 636

Quote Originally Posted by Mazabuzz View Post
    Nick, just wondering how your new R6 would compare to the 2013 636?
    I dunno yet for sure, cos I haven't ridden it, but I'm positive my R6 will wipe the floor with any 636. A 6% displacement advantage isn't gonna offset all the mumbo from all the YEC kit. But a similarly specced Kit ZX6 might be a different story.....

I know there are big, easy gains to be had from the R6 just by removing some of the cam timing overlap, because they are very, very conservative from the factory. I don't think this is the case with any other brand. But if you throw lumpy cams and light valves and raised comp and altered timing etc etc, you'll get big gains from any modern motor. Hondas are a classic case in point (1000 and 600) - they are really underpowered from the factory - they are designed to last 200,000 kms with minimal maintenance - but if you throw the right bits at them you get massive power.

The real question is how easily (read cheaply and reliably) you can extract that power. The R6 is relatively easy in comparison to others.

the '13 636 won't pass a zx6r in a straight line.

the gains for us mere mortals are had in TC. the overall 636 bike is more designed for the road.

and yes no doubt StG will let the '13 636 run in open 600's. the club will be happy to have the entries rather than enforce the class capacity 'rules'

Thread Information