Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: St George Rounds 1&2 at SMP - ENTER NOW

That was a fun weekend kind of.... Strange, frustrating but fun nonetheless Sat the bike was awful and would not steer at all, turns out I had forgotten to set any sag since reubuilding a few days ago...... just forgot in my haste.. oops Then got to EC early on Sunday and set some sag into it. Bike was better, rider was not confident ! Although kept tweaking it during the day and trying things out, doing the 600's and the clubsport gave me more opportunities to try things but was getting tired towards the end of the day.. Had some great racing, was overtaken twice under waved yellows and wasnt happy to see that, and had somone run into me at turn 2 on Saturday which was interesting ! but if I was running a bit faster as i should be then it wouldnt have happend. So more work on suspension required and time to put the bike on a dyno as i didnt get that done either

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Yes, well done all. I was one of those people you see out at cafés glued to their phones oblivious to their surroundings.
    Mainly because it's hard to see and line up the times with the names on a small screen.
    I was doing the same at work with added cursing for delayed updates and frantic SMS to James trying to get the story behind DNFs and DNSs
    do a burnout

Great weekend! I was off the pace the whole time (Friday included), still trying to pinpoint why but either way had lots of fun battles with Bob, Cos ,Oggy and plenty of others over the weekend. Getting more confident on the starts.

Phillip Veneris
    Ray Oxford
    Darin Fitzgerald
    Jigsaw photography
    Look them all up on Facebook
    Also Darin took this had robe my favourite one so far what a good ass hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to be haha stupid phone

Tristan, what was wrong with your bike mate? I was on T9 and I could hear you bike slipping on the back straight and on the main straight! Thought you were gonna blow your engine with the needle bouncing off the limiter
    I do today what people won't so I can do tomorrow what people can't

Just rider error haha I was trying to Change up and I just kept missing new boots new rear sets rubbish rider. Lucky it's a Suzuki tough as

Was happening every time on every race
    I do today what people won't so I can do tomorrow what people can't

Oh really :( I don't know then

Sorry Tristan. Seen your bike but didn't know it was you. Will come and say g'day next time

That's ok Mate I was pretty busy doing running repairs haha

Any one else out there understand how the handicap worked for round 1 & 2 .

As i understood how it should work

The person with the slowest lap time in qualifying , race 1 or race 2 is the benchmark

then everybody uses there fastest lap time for either of qualifying , race 1 or race 2 .

take your fastest lap time away from the persons slowest and you have your handicap which is multiplied by 5 (5 lap race) then added onto your race 2 time for the full race. and that is your handicapped time .

if this is correct ?
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Not quite, Rob. Because they moved the handicap race to be Race 2 (instead of Race 3 in previous years), it is now your fastest lap from qualifying or race 1 to determine your 'fastest lap' time (and the slowest lap for everyone too) for the calcs. The only thing that counts from Race 2 is the elapsed race time.

That said, I haven't checked this one. I will have a look.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Jeez, what I dogs breakfast!! I didn't score any championship points, according to the results. The handicap results aren't right either.

Thanks Nick . it makes more sense to do the race time on race 2 than 3 to give them a chance to work out the results .

Not that im going to be much different in the handicap but some of the times used for the bench mark don't seem right to me .

take Sun 1st Race in 600cc
    Jamie did a 2:00.1 on his 1st and only lap , where the benchmark i take it was used , where i did a 2:02.8 (excursion on t2 1st lap) and there was also 2:05.9 in the same race. Did they take Jamies time and not the others because we had selected to have the handicap in clubsport .

They also used Jamies slow handicap time as his fastest lap . in Race 1 2:00.1 - 2:00.1 =0 x5 =0 + race 2 time 9:20.2 = 9:20.2

or steven in clubsport

does a 2:22.5 in race 1 , only does 1 lap so this is the benchmark but it is also classed as his fastest lap

So they must be using the 1st race as the fastest lap .

if this is how they are going to work out the handicap then just do a very slow 1st lap (like a 2:40) then come in the pits on your 2nd lap . next race you have to start from the back of the grid but your pretty much got the 25 points in the bag and a plastic trophy unless someone goes slower than you or you have a shocker for your race 2 time.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Jeez, what I dogs breakfast!! I didn't score any championship points, according to the results. The handicap results aren't right either.
    would it be because you didnt choose the class for series point score and it defaults to the 1st race (600 class) not clubsport ?
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    would it be because you didnt choose the class for series point score and it defaults to the 1st race (600 class) not clubsport ?
    Yes, it is that, but I didn't even notice the bit on the form that asked. I will have to contact them.
    Last edited by Marshy; 24-02-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: I'm blind

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Thanks Nick . it makes more sense to do the race time on race 2 than 3 to give them a chance to work out the results .

Not that im going to be much different in the handicap but some of the times used for the bench mark don't seem right to me .

take Sun 1st Race in 600cc
    Jamie did a 2:00.1 on his 1st and only lap , where the benchmark i take it was used , where i did a 2:02.8 (excursion on t2 1st lap) and there was also 2:05.9 in the same race. Did they take Jamies time and not the others because we had selected to have the handicap in clubsport .

They also used Jamies slow handicap time as his fastest lap . in Race 1 2:00.1 - 2:00.1 =0 x5 =0 + race 2 time 9:20.2 = 9:20.2

or steven in clubsport

does a 2:22.5 in race 1 , only does 1 lap so this is the benchmark but it is also classed as his fastest lap

So they must be using the 1st race as the fastest lap .

if this is how they are going to work out the handicap then just do a very slow 1st lap (like a 2:40) then come in the pits on your 2nd lap . next race you have to start from the back of the grid but your pretty much got the 25 points in the bag and a plastic trophy unless someone goes slower than you or you have a shocker for your race 2 time.
    No, errors abound. It should be your fastest lap from quali or race 1. It used to be race 2 as well, which normally evened out any weird anomalies, like not doing quali and then only completing one lap in race1. But because they are trying not to have another situation like in Nov where the final race of the day didn't get completed, so the handicap result wasn't completed either. But they haven't thought it through.

Also, I've stopped calculating the handicap for them, since Chris Baker gave me such a serve at the end-of-year presentation. And now it's full of errors. Why not just draw the results out of a hat?

I long ago (last year) stopped worrying about the handicap and just go out there and have fun.

25 points is 25 points. I feel like i earned it......
    Huzzah

whats the handicap... never heard of it and never worked it out.. i just wobble around and have fun or try to

The points are all your Jamie .. you earned it having to put up with me and wetty in the same garage.. enjoy...
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Was puzzled after looking at the handicap data. It's all over the place. Some of the fastest laps from R1 and R2 conflict with natsoft data.

Apparently it is supposed to help out the slower dudes (like me)??

I agree with the idea of just drawing race results from a hat. More accurate that way, clearly.

I just emailed Peter Snow (the handicap dude and chief points scorer) about the handicap results being a bit how's-yer-father, and he replied saying that he'd gotten lots of similar feedback and was working through them one at a time. So stay tuned for updated championship points in due course.

I gotta say after reading all that I still have absolutely no idea how the handicap works. So I think I'll just stick with my current strategy of going as fast as I can on every lap. If I end up with a trophy then it's a nice bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    I gotta say after reading all that I still have absolutely no idea how the handicap works. So I think I'll just stick with my current strategy of going as fast as I can on every lap. If I end up with a trophy then it's a nice bonus

+1

Hi Matthew,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. I have been busy with other race meetings.

1. Round 1 points for the overall series is only on two legs not three. The events held on the south circuit only got through two rounds while the north circuit did three. However, to keep the series equal to all competitors only two rounds could be carried into the Overall Series.

2. Amended results have recently been put up on the website.

Zero handy cap points for me in my first ever race while some of the top riders in the country receive bonus points....seems fair and logical. It sucks the competition out and inserts a random lottery element into it.

Racing in the Victorian club is fun, despite having never seen any of these tracks prior to race weekend yet. Cheaper entry fees, more race weekends in the year & no handy cap raffle. I definitely recommend heading down to battle with the Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFY View Post
    Zero handy cap points for me in my first ever race while some of the top riders in the country receive bonus points....seems fair and logical. It sucks the competition out and inserts a random lottery element into it.
    +1. It's archaic and stupid. I tried hard to get rid of it for this year, but was overruled by the club committee, none of whom race.

Picked up a brochure at Mac Park a couple weeks ago, there were 15 weekends (from memory) of racing south of the border this year printed on it.

Yeh I don't understand it, I did pretty badly that weekend and it seemed as though I got a further kick in the guts by the handicap from system from what I could make out

So if nobody deliberately rode the handicap race and it was actually the fastest time of the slowest rider, that rider would stay around the back of the field away from position points and the handicap points would be relevant to all the 20 riders in front of him/her being fair for all.

Thus shrinking the field points tally fairly and evenly

Instead people are racing the handicap race doing their best to get the 25 handicap points and then climbing their way up grid, scoring decent position points in the later racers and trying to claim trophies at the end of the day

Thus making it all confusing, screwing over everybody in the field and making everything a dogs breakfast

???????

Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFY View Post
    Picked up a brochure at Mac Park a couple weeks ago, there were 15 weekends (from memory) of racing south of the border this year printed on it.
    They have more tracks, and therefore more available dates for race weekends. And because of that, tracks are cheaper to hire and so clubs can run events with less competitors and not make a big loss.

Giddy up Luddenham Raceway! And some of the other proposed ones in NSW.

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    Instead people are racing the handicap race doing their best to get the 25 handicap points
    If you're in it for the championship, you'd be nuts not to try and maximise your points haul. And with an additional 25 points on offer, not trying to win the handicap too would be like going out in a race and riding at 6 tenths, dawdling around and not caring where you finish. That's not why you go racing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    If you're in it for the championship, you'd be nuts not to try and maximise your points haul. And with an additional 25 points on offer, not trying to win the handicap too would be like going out in a race and riding at 6 tenths, dawdling around and not caring where you finish. That's not why you go racing, right?

Correct

Thread Information