Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: St George Rounds 1&2 at SMP - ENTER NOW

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I was even thinking SC0 maybe

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    If you have to run Pirelli, that's what I'd be doing. Won't last very long, but the grip will be good!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

so arrrrhhh

I just called Jan and entered in 600 and 600clubys on both days, mega exited..... mega

I have had an afterthought though, do they allow 2 piece zipped up leathers ?

Yes they certainly do

chubbs all over it faster than lighting

I had a look in your shed on Saturday, you didn't seem to be there but I found your bike

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    If you have to run Pirelli, that's what I'd be doing. Won't last very long, but the grip will be good!
    Definitely SC0 for the hotter weather. Nick have you tried the new compound 0? Much better durability than the previous.

Shippy, as far as I know if they are the proper full zippered 2 piece not just the small attaching zipper at the back then ok. If they are the latter, I wouldn't race in them anyway.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Definitely SC0 for the hotter weather. Nick have you tried the new compound 0? Much better durability than the previous.
    Not yet, and I'm actually quite keen to try them. I'm planning on doing ASBK in April, and they are now a Pirelli control tyre.....

Shippy, as far as I know if they are the proper full zippered 2 piece not just the small attaching zipper at the back then ok. If they are the latter, I wouldn't race in them anyway.
    Absolutely correct. 2 piece are fine, so long as they zip securely all the way around.

yep yep zip all the way around... i use em on track days

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    yep yep zip all the way around... i use em on track days
    Cool. The last thing you want is your pants around your knees if you have a tumble. Happened to a previous missus of mine at t5. A lot of riders stopped to help her including travel marhsals. Going against what they were told at the mornings briefing

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

so arrrrhhh

I just called Jan and entered in 600 and 600clubys on both days, mega exited..... mega

I have had an afterthought though, do they allow 2 piece zipped up leathers ?
    Excellent will see you there .

Dont forget your back protector with the 2 piece suit.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

do they let you just stick your GoPro to the tank with the supplied double sided, would love to mount it better but so much to do in so little time

Yeah you can run multiple go pros if you wanted..

I think Marshy mounts like 16 on his...

It's a good idea to lockwire them or otherwise run some sort of lanyard. It's actually required now under the GCRs(?) or somewhere, but I'm not sure that St George enforce it yet. But having had a couple of cameras snap their mounts, I can vouch for the value of lanyards!!

do they let you just stick your GoPro to the tank with the supplied double sided, would love to mount it better but so much to do in so little time

Ok, now where exactly do you plan to sticking your head when you get to the straights? When I had that same bike my helmet would sit pretty much where your camera is! Same thing on the ZX6R... and I mount my camera on top of the triple (the mount is pretty much where the turning fork logo is on your triple) and it works a treat! Get to see everything ahead (provided you a clear screen) and even the tacho which I find quite helpful when reviewing my footage.

Stu23 has his Gopro mounted there as well, its a protected little place for it... He doesn't really get down on the tank though so it doesn't bother him.
    If i mounted one there on mine it would be taking video of my brains or my nose or something... A visor POV shot!!! all i need is a HUD display

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    It's a good idea to lockwire them or otherwise run some sort of lanyard. It's actually required now under the GCRs(?) or somewhere, but I'm not sure that St George enforce it yet. But having had a couple of cameras snap their mounts, I can vouch for the value of lanyards!!
    Yep! I always make a 'leash' for my with zipties!

case and point... check where my camera is pointing at on this pic! It banged like crazy for 3 laps there but the leash did it's thing though.

Whos that guy in the picture again??

That's the elusive Ghost rider... but unlike his more famous counterpart, this one is more of a 'Ghost of Xmas past' sort of thing.

fuuuuck shark fin, I knew I was forgetting something

where am I going to get one of those for a r6 before the weekend

Mick Hone has woodcraft ones in stock and can express post so you can get it and fit it by Thursday.

Wetty has some generic ones in stock.

I don't know whether Marshy makes his own shark fin or not.

Mick Hone has woodcraft ones in stock and can express post so you can get it and fit it by Thursday.

Don't you have a home made / Bunnings one too?

I use and strongly recommend the Woodcraft ones. Rock-solid, unlike the carbon fibre ones, which simply bend out of the way, which kinda defeats the purpose. I've gone right off anything cf except cosmetic items. It's not the ideal material for protection, with the possible exception of tank sliders (and only then because it's impractical to fit any other material there).

Woodcraft ones

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Don't you have a home made / Bunnings one too?
    Back up.. never know when you need em..

Back up.. never know when you need em..
    Wouldn't happen to have a photo of your home made one Chubb? So Shippy could copy if his purchase options don't pan out?

Home made one from Bunnings.

Tap screws and a cut out L bracket.

Passed scrutineering

You could also probably get a GB Racing one from the guy in Mosman

You could also probably get a GB Racing one from the guy in Mosman
    http://www.trackpro.com.au

And she's ready for the weekend. Rider not so much :-(

image.jpg

Nice and bright JC!

thanks everyone I will do some calling around in the morning.... worst come to worst a tarmac user has a spare

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    And she's ready for the weekend. Rider not so much :-(

image.jpg

Is Megan Fox your GF and does your bike fight interstellar wars protecting humans from the bad guys?

That's her nickname, bumblebee

Cool. The last thing you want is your pants around your knees if you have a tumble. Happened to a previous missus of mine at t5. A lot of riders stopped to help her including travel marhsals. Going against what they were told at the mornings briefing
    I asked you not to call me that any more

Shippy, Carl at Trackpro is really good with his postage.
    I usually get my stuff express from him the next day.
    Give him a call before you place an order online and make sure he's got the bits on hand etc.

02 9011 6130.

Cheers,

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    I asked you not to call me that any more

if that fails, you can borrow my woodcraft one, I won't be needing it any time soon

I'm pretty sure wet4u has them to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers everyone.... sorted I bought the big gb racing kit should be here tomorrow

will anyone be selling and fitting pirelli's?

I don't know if SW will be there.

Stewie is always good for a chat.

Otherwise whitey will be there but I don't think he sells Pirellis just Bridgestones

He just does bridgestones I. The slicks

And he will be there

[QUOTE=Tristan;8198]And he will be there
    Hey mate
    How's the bike after the ooooopppppss on T12?.

I don't know if SW will be there.
    Pretty sure he will be. Friday even, from what I heard. But that was second-hand, so might be worth checking.

It's in his calendar from Friday till Sunday at EC for st George round

Good I can have a chat with Stewie regarding my suspenders

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    He just does bridgestones I. The slicks

He does Metzelers as well

I don't think he brings those out thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    I don't think he brings those out thought.

Yep my last few from him have been metzelers at St George meets. Planning on grabbing another rear off him Saturday.. If you flick him an email I'm sure he will put one aside just in case

Thread Information