Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: St George Rounds 1&2 at SMP - ENTER NOW

big clubport feild I was the 43rd entrant

Have fun peoples. I had to cancel yesterday, due to no baby. Will be watching the timing if I can't get down there at all. Aaaargh, I think I'm getting teary.
    Ride fast, and ride safe and best of luck to all.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Have fun peoples. I had to cancel yesterday, due to no baby. Will be watching the timing if I can't get down there at all. Aaaargh, I think I'm getting teary.
    Ride fast, and ride safe and best of luck to all.
    Best of Luck to you mate! Hope it all goes ok!

NOOOOOOO!!! Sorry to hear that, Rick. You should've timed your baby-making better! Or is it only the women that consult birth and fertility schedules?

Hope you can make it down, buddy. Best wishes for the impending birth.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Cheers fellas. Nick the calendar wasn't out at the time

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Cheers fellas. Nick the calendar wasn't out at the time
    Hahaha

On another note, here is there result of my dodgy spray job:

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mercho View Post
    Hahaha

On another note, here is there result of my dodgy spray job:

Looks great! Hey, they're nice fairings

What I do with mine is dremel out a big 'triangle' in the front of the bellypan (I will take a pic soon) so that there's more airflow into the fairing/exhaust/engine to help keep things cool. It makes a noticeable difference on an R6 particularly.

what we all need is a big stepped radiator like in WSS

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Looks great! Hey, they're nice fairings

What I do with mine is dremel out a big 'triangle' in the front of the bellypan (I will take a pic soon) so that there's more airflow into the fairing/exhaust/engine to help keep things cool. It makes a noticeable difference on an R6 particularly.
    Thanks Nick, feel free to whack a superbike source sticker on it lol

You bringing this said dremel this weekend? lol Im sure it will be ok for this weekend but ill see how it goes. The radiator seems to be a fair way above it?

Its not just the radiator that needs some airflow if you can get some air to the sump, headers etc oil will be cooler and the rising heat from the exhaust will be a bit less. Every little bit helps

When I had the bike it had no cooling fan and after installed it was all good.

Quote Originally Posted by mercho View Post
    Thanks Nick, feel free to whack a superbike source sticker on it lol

You bringing this said dremel this weekend? lol Im sure it will be ok for this weekend but ill see how it goes. The radiator seems to be a fair way above it?
    Yeah mate; I will whack it in the trailer. It's a 5 minute job to cut a piece out of it, and well worth the effort especially on these ultra-hot days!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Yeah mate; I will whack it in the trailer. It's a 5 minute job to cut a piece out of it, and well worth the effort especially on these ultra-hot days!
    Thanks Nick that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Its not just the radiator that needs some airflow if you can get some air to the sump, headers etc oil will be cooler and the rising heat from the exhaust will be a bit less. Every little bit helps
    +1. Absolutely right. And again, particularly on the R6, which just explodes with heat-soak as soon as you park it.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    When I had the bike it had no cooling fan and after installed it was all good.
    Yeah it seems to run pretty cool especially coming into the pits and whacking the fan on!

Look awesome Brad.

Bike looks great!
    do a burnout

Thanks guys see how long it stays like that..

Loaded and ready to go for ARDC tomorrow

I always pack my dremel dremel. Its my favourite hacking tool....

I left that written twice just then because i swear i didn't type it twice but when i looked up ?!!!!

Exit stage right ...

Nice work following through on the low side rather than freaking and going the other way!
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Nice work following through on the low side rather than freaking and going the other way!
    Reverse camera worked out quite well ... bye bye bike ...

Cripes, bad luck mate! Good footage though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... please tell me that was just the camera flipping and not the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    ... please tell me that was just the camera flipping and not the bike.
    Bike went over a few times too ... I was too busy rap dancing on my head to watch this time ... but yes the majority of that was the camera rolling down the road.

A good day today guys!!!!! Wasnt too pleased with how many friends i picked up in recovery though :( Roll on a relaxed day tomorrow

Shippy!!!! Well done mate, you were going sooooo good!! Stu23 has a few vids of you

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Bike went over a few times too ... I was too busy rap dancing on my head to watch this time ... but yes the majority of that was the camera rolling down the road.
    and how are you both??

and how are you both??
    ... off to get xRay of foot as it has ballooned slightly ...

Poor bike's still on trailer ... I want to drain the radiator tomorrow, might be enuf left of one of the pegs to use the MX type stand ... she's going to take some fixing ... starting with front stays ... which have been on order from HK via flea bay for 2 months ... they ask I am patient as it's coming via airmail.

Footage of that race from the console camera ... it works well with the reflective visor ... you can actually see ahead some what!

Last edited by Phat3R; 01-02-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Dammit... sorry to hear that, mate! Hope nothing to serious on either the foot or the bike.

On another note, I'd ditch that paint scheme this time... it seems the bike and you are having a Chris Brown/Rihanna relationship since you got it done!

Dammit... sorry to hear that, mate! Hope nothing to serious on either the foot or the bike.

On another note, I'd ditch that paint scheme this time... it seems the bike and you are having a Chris Brown/Rihanna relationship since you got it done!
    I think the scheme is ditching itself ... not much left ...

I hate the whole crash/fix process... wish I could help you with spares but Suzuki is the one Jap manufacturer I never owned a 600 of!

I hate the whole crash/fix process... wish I could help you with spares but Suzuki is the one Jap manufacturer I never owned a 600 of!
    Thx Ed. Don't get into old Suzuki's mate ... that's Dan's fetish!

I'm getting use to this crash / fix cycle ... chance to improve bike a little more? Marshy's bionic bits were fantastic ... that QS is da bomb, hope I didn't break it!

Gave it some more thought and reckon T4b is only one of two short RH corners (other being old T10 new T17) on the North Circuit. Maybe the bike / rider / tyre combo couldn't keep the RHS of the tyre hot enuf?

Tyre is smooth as, like a new tyre on the RHS. Tyre was UK NTec rear, had already done 2 practice, 2 qualli and almost 2 races ... still was not scrubbed in enuf? I don't chew tyres typically ... combination of old bike and slow rider!

Far Kurnell Rick. No good all this. Did you get the ankle checked? How are you feeling today?
    On the plus you weren't bringing up the rear like you joked about. Plenty of bikes passed after you went down. I'm full of infection (been too crook to get off the lounge for a week) which may cloud my perception but it seemed to just let go suddenly without warning.
    Cool video angle and it does work well with the visor. ugggh head spinning I'm back to lounge.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    A good day today guys!!!!! Wasnt too pleased with how many friends i picked up in recovery though :( Roll on a relaxed day tomorrow

Shippy!!!! Well done mate, you were going sooooo good!! Stu23 has a few vids of you
    Thx for recovering the bike Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Far Kurnell Rick. No good all this. Did you get the ankle checked? How are you feeling today?
    On the plus you weren't bringing up the rear like you joked about. Plenty of bikes passed after you went down. I'm full of infection (been too crook to get off the lounge for a week) which may cloud my perception but it seemed to just let go suddenly without warning.
    Cool video angle and it does work well with the visor. ugggh head spinning I'm back to lounge.
    Get better soon! I had xrays this morning ... small break in middle of foot. I've got crutches to take west!

Thx Ed. Don't get into old Suzuki's mate ... that's Dan's fetish!

I'm getting use to this crash / fix cycle ... chance to improve bike a little more? Marshy's bionic bits were fantastic ... that QS is da bomb, hope I didn't break it!

Gave it some more thought and reckon T4b is only one of two short RH corners (other being old T10 new T17) on the North Circuit. Maybe the bike / rider / tyre combo couldn't keep the RHS of the tyre hot enuf?

Tyre is smooth as, like a new tyre on the RHS. Tyre was UK NTec rear, had already done 2 practice, 2 qualli and almost 2 races ... still was not scrubbed in enuf? I don't chew tyres typically ... combination of old bike and slow rider!
    I only have the video to form an opinion so I'm gonna speculate like no one should ever do whilst I wait for the UFC to start... hahahaha

It seems to me, you stayed too long on the first leg of the 'mini flip flop' that is T4/T5 and then leaned the bike too far trying to make the apex of T5, which you missed by a bit... at that stage you open the throttle but the bike always get a bit flighty there because the track falls away a little. And when you add throttle + lean angle + not enough weight on the back wheel you get the scenario above.

I had a few moments like that when I was riding the North Circuit as well... luckily the bike straightened itself without spitting me up too much. Still enough to bruise my ankles. hahahaha

IMHO, and I'm sure others more experienced (and faster) riders will disagree and even do what I should have done here and not judge without actually being there but... I reckon you could have tossed the bike faster from side to side (i.e. faster counter steering) there and it would have been fine as you would have picked the bike up a bit to avoid hitting the inside curb on T5. I worked on that with Bruce once and by the end of the day my arm was tired from how hard I was pushing the RHS bar!!

Thx Ed, I spoke with Senator8 this morning and your two opinions agree. I think what you say makes sense. Something for me to work on for North Circuit in particular. Sad I am missing GP circuit today, and I know it a little better.

Rick suggested I get some coaching, so I'll have to pull my finger out and organise some.

Well, then I got lucky... 'cause there's no way I know as much as Rick! hahaha

Last video from me uploaded to YT of the normal forward camera for Race 2.

Home a little early after a T2 off, all ok!! Was really great to see all you guys out there! Look forward to doing it all again soon!!

St George Rounds 1&2 at SMP - ENTER NOW

Knacked by the 2nd last race of the day so didn't do that well in the last race. I jumped the start and once Marshy went past me I was even more tired!!!

Got 1st C grade and 3 C grade respective of the rounds.

5th 6th 7th outright on Saturday and 8th 7th 9th outright on Sunday.

I cracked under the 42s today which I definitely weren't expecting

Not to shabby to the start of my second year racing! Vids to come.

Learnt lots from those A & B graders who push you out of the way.

I got to be more aggressive from the word go!
    Last edited by chubb; 02-02-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Nice one mate. Your bike looked great as well!
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I cracked under the 42s today which I definitely weren't expecting

Not to shabby to the start of my second year racing! Vids to come.
    Congratulations ... I was watching the times today ... pretty fast!

Congrats to all that raced! Some really impressive results!

Congratulations ... I was watching the times today ... pretty fast!
    Clubby qualifying was 1.43s till position 17 or something. Fast field!
    do a burnout

Yes, well done all. I was one of those people you see out at cafés glued to their phones oblivious to their surroundings.
    Mainly because it's hard to see and line up the times with the names on a small screen.

Well, then I got lucky... 'cause there's no way I know as much as Rick! hahaha
    Gee, thanks for the vote Ed. I think. But you are so much funnier

I had a absolute blast.... Big thanks to all that helped

ended up 8th in the last race of 600's with a 1:42.7750

Clubsport I didn't do so well !

There were heaps of photographers out there anyone know where to find the pictures
    Last edited by shippy__; 02-02-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Find Ray Oxford on facebook and friend him (he will accept). Also Phillip Veneris. And our own Negrogrande was there today too, taking pics

Gee, thanks for the vote Ed. I think. But you are so much funnier
    Are you talking about my tank filling abilities again?

Thread Information