Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
Personally, I don't use a kit...
Road service intervals are anything up to about 2 years…. It's a hydroscopic fluid so when the fluid absorbs moisture, you'll notice the brakes start to feel a little squishy (time to change!).
You'll need to make sure your new fluid is compatible with whatever is left in your master cylinder. Silicone and none-silicone based brake fluid DO NOT mix.
Essentially, the higher Dot level, the higher the liquid boil temp. - Which is useful as the fluid gets hot on track under compression.

As I said, I don't find a bleed kit is really essential, a bit of hose (6mm or so) from Bunnings will do the trick. Attach it to one then the other bleed nipple on the calipers, open the master cylinder then pump the brake lever until it's all out.
Be very careful not to get it on your skin or fairings as it can do quite a lot of damage.
If you're simply changing fluid, not lines, ideally get different coloured fluid and add in to the master cylinder as you pump through. That way, you can see when you're done and not introduce any air.

Once the new lines are on, you need to expel all air from the system so it's just a case of adding liquid to the master cylinder and squeezing to pump the fluid through, pushing all air through out of both calipers.

Just the way I do it, but it seems to work!
Awesome mate! Thanks for that. Will just grab some hose tomorrow!