Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirt Bikes

Hahah

The option for the kick start is still there with the WR's. I used to use it a fair bit to save putting load on the shitty starter motor..

MX is different though, when your stuck on a nasty hill you want the button. I'm a short ass there's times when i just can't kick it on my own.. I still kick mine usually first start of the day and often to save my battery for when I really need it on a tight single.

I've been turned off the yammies, they absolutly hammer but every one I've ever ridden with on a yz or WR gets stuck kicking the fuck out of it trying to start it "ahh must be the valve clearances". I was driving home last night at 11pm and found my mate pushing his wr450 Motard home. He'd been pushing it for kilometers the poor bastard.

I'm a Honda guy but didn't go a crf because of all the hype about valve problems, not sure if it's as common as people say though.

Did you at least wave and honk saying "should've bought a honda!" as you drove by your mate?

Missing the point i think. All Im saying is for new-comers not to spoil themselves with (what I think) is a priviliged option. Crawl before walk etc.

And the stab at MX is purely to make a point. Lost count of the amount of spoilt rich kids on their arse barking orders at their drained fathers about how their bike isnt ready for them.
    Plenty of hardworking non douch MX's/free stylers out there also, but they are the minority.

No probs with the CRF valves.....yet , but servicing and not being on the limit all the time will ensure that on any bike.

Work is slow today.

Yeh my first bike was kick only (but a 2T) but the moment u estart on a hill for the first time u wonder how u ever lived without it.

What about all this rekluse auto clutch bs everyone's crapping on about on the forums? That sounds like it's crossing the line to me but I bet if I road one is secretly love it

I don't know much about MX, been to Appin once on my kato and the thing was way out of its league bottoming out everywhere, not going back without a MX bike, but I saw the flat capping monster drinking kids you speak of

I saw one of those last year on some aussie champ chick's enduro ktm down at Lochmaree. Seems like cheating to me!

I really dont see the point though, clutch is crucial! Especially for hillclimbs.

Buy a postie instead.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Did you at least wave and honk saying "should've bought a honda!" as you drove by your mate
    Haha I'm not that slack! When I saw the silhouette of a dirt bike being pushed in the night I say to my mrs "fuck I hope that's not my bike.. Then I see the race no! Bloody hell it's Matty!" Pulled up and had a chat for half an hour and offered to take it in the ute (he had about 1km uphill to go) or leave it in my shed for the night but he wouldn't take me up on it, I think it was a pride thing since he'd pushed it so far already. I'd have taken the lift, but I'm a lazy prick who likes starter motors

Oh definitely the dirt bike I buy will not be a kick start

Stuff that shit in the modern day of electric start

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    As I said, its about earning your stripes!
    hang out with the "flat peaked cap wearing, ear tucked in, Dad have you warmed my bike up for me yet im too busy drinkin monster to do anything myself" MX douchebags
    HEY HEY HEY!!!! Luckily im not one of those "Mx douchebags" !!!!!!! I might have taken offence....
    However, it is soo much fun passing guys riding brand new 450's or 250's whilst im on my 13 year old 125

Most of the Mx complexes have an enduro loop or trail anyone can ride on. When i go to Appin i ride the main MX track and the trails (single track extended trails included).

I Cant think of anything better than a 2 stroke 125 for throttle/clutch control and riding practice, you have to be at 110% to go fast ALWAYS... 4 strokes make you lazy

Rancell, dont bother with a 250 4 stroke, you will get bored of it. But a 250 2 stroke??, it scares me...

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post

I Cant think of anything better than a 2 stroke 125 for throttle/clutch control and riding practice, you have to be at 110% to go fast ALWAYS...
    this.. is why we went with the 125s...well that and the 250 2/s scare me too...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Rancell, dont bother with a 250 4 stroke, you will get bored of it. But a 250 2 stroke??, it scares me...
    That's like saying don't worry about riding a 600 on the track because you will get bored of it, get a 1000 because they are scary. If someone is new to something, it's not a bad idea to start on something they have a bit of control over. A 250 two stroke will not teach you how to ride when you are starting out, it will hold you back because you won't be able to control it.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Oh definitely the dirt bike I buy will not be a kick start

Stuff that shit in the modern day of electric start
    A mate of ours has a WR450 and has to kick it all the time despite having the starter because the starter drains the battery too much. As Mercho said, make sure you get a model that doesn't have this problem as you will get tired of it very fast.
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

I had a yz 490 2 smoke way back. It liked digging trenches and trying to launch itself into orbit at times but was heaps of fun. Someone decided they would like to own it and wheeled away just after our four legged security system passed away. I'd only just paid it off too.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Carl has been thrown so far sideways off a jump as the CR lit up I thought he was a gonner..... his legs were thrown over and around the radiator shroud, then, gawd knows how, it all came back and he landed it !! he wasnt keen on riding it much after that......... but hes much better on it now... still catches me out sometimes too though

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    A 250 two stroke will not teach you how to ride
    I very much agree to this point, i think you mistook my meaning... I was trying to distignuish the large difference that is between the 250 4stroke and 250 2 strokes. But also i cant find any older 250 4strokes that are realistic on both price and condition, if learning is the key idea i wouldnt buy a 250 4stroke they are just too easy to ride fast on straight away.

When I get one I want a 250/300 smoker!
    do a burnout

they are just agressive and evil, in every way...

What can I say - I like my bikes how I like my women
    do a burnout

It depends if we're talking about enduro or MX

450 4T enduro or a road rego 250 2T aren't anywhere near as serious as the equivalent MX model.

My 450 EXCis fairly tame, I wouldn't any less. My old RM125 was wild, I road a 250 mx bike one time, made my R1 feel like a LAMS bike in comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But also i cant find any older 250 4strokes that are realistic on both price and condition,
    Leanne's '99 KLX250 was under $2K.
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

My brother used to race CR 250 and 500 2 strokes back in the day and has nothing but 450 4 stroke and 250 2 stroke MX bikes in the past 10 years. Last year he bought a 300 EXC and loves it. At first he thought it would be underpowered and was worried he would get bored with it, but the opposite ended up true. He says it's so light and easy to throw around which makes it easier to ride faster and more fun to ride than the higher powered bikes. Just food for thought.
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

I have this crazy ass idea..

TarmacTalk Dirt Ride

DirtTalk
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    DirtTalk
    Dirt Including Road Trailies (DIRT) Talk..... (tm)
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    HA HA. Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I think TalkingDirty.com is taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    I think TalkingDirty.com is taken?
    And you'd know this because it's been your favourite site for the past five years......
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

In case any one is interested this is at Mototech Australia in Smithfield and the engine has been rebuilt. So it runs like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just bought a Husqvarna TE630 (I know, not a proper dirt bike), but mainly on the basis that I was chasing an 'adventure' bike that didn't totally suck offroad. The epically wide ratio 6 speed box and large oil capacity and long service intervals are its main draw cards, though it actually has quite good suspension as well. Downside is its a lard arse for a dirtbike (149kg), but coming from a DRZ400SM, its actually not much heavier so I figure I can live with that. I wanted to be able to do some longer rides to escape Sydney on the weekend without having to go through the process of loading up a trailer and tow car, plus the concept of camping and travelling light still has some appeal to me.

All that said, I do see a cheap little ultralight 2 banger in my future when time, money and space allows; just so I have all spectrums covered.

If your looking at the big bike end and want something more dirt worthy, the Husaberg FE570 is a weapon but the price is up there and the maintenance is fairly intensive (15hr oil changes). Would have loved one, but couldn't justify the extra expense over the Husky for the type of requirements I had.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Style View Post
    I've just bought a Husqvarna TE630 (I know, not a proper dirt bike), but mainly on the basis that I was chasing an 'adventure' bike that didn't totally suck offroad. The epically wide ratio 6 speed box and large oil capacity and long service intervals are its main draw cards, though it actually has quite good suspension as well. Downside is its a lard arse for a dirtbike (149kg), but coming from a DRZ400SM, its actually not much heavier so I figure I can live with that. I wanted to be able to do some longer rides to escape Sydney on the weekend without having to go through the process of loading up a trailer and tow car, plus the concept of camping and travelling light still has some appeal to me.

All that said, I do see a cheap little ultralight 2 banger in my future when time, money and space allows; just so I have all spectrums covered.

If your looking at the big bike end and want something more dirt worthy, the Husaberg FE570 is a weapon but the price is up there and the maintenance is fairly intensive (15hr oil changes). Would have loved one, but couldn't justify the extra expense over the Husky for the type of requirements I had.
    Sounds like a wise choice. I got a mate with a KTM 690 he bought for the same reason, I'm yet to seem him ride it on the dirt though.

I've been toying with the idea of putting a larger tank on my 450 so I can attempt to leave the trailer at home. I live about 30 min ride from the hawksbury so if I can find some good stuff out there I can try and do a round trip with a stop at the carwash on the back home. Good way to get more hours up.

Yeah, the Safari Tanks are pretty good by all accounts. The Husky I've bought already has one, so that saved me a bit more money there. I reckon the 450 could do 1/2 hour freeway stretches if you keep it in 6th as much of the time as possible and keep up with the oil changes. If you can find a suitable aftermarket oil cooler though, I'd consider it as good insurance if your doing long stints at highway speeds though.

If anyone is keen I'm contemplating doing the APC Rally this year (runs in May), as it won't be running next year. Looks like an interesting sort of event.

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    HA HA. Like

Kpe3hwcg9i7 Fuck offffffff

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Kpe3hwcg9i7 Fuck offffffff

说普通话...

Thread Information