Thread: More new clothes

More new clothes

Rolled out the race design today.....

Mine is #1 and Spilly is #209.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Sure are purty ...

looks very nice nick
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Best thing about it is the bikes made it home looking the same way! Although I had a super close call in the last race coming out of turn 4, the rear let go and I was so convinced I was going to highside that I remember wondering why I hadn't hit the ground yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you told to change your numbers at scrutineering? Seem to remember a hatchet job gaff and off the shelve numbers affair more akin to my bike than a flash R6 with new fairings
    do a burnout

More new clothes

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Were you told to change your numbers at scrutineering? Seem to remember a hatchet job gaff and off the shelve numbers affair more akin to my bike than a flash R6 with new fairings
    Yea we kinda expected that the numbers painted on the fairing wouldn't pass scrutineering. But the guy was SUCH a cock about it. Thankfully Barry took over and was very helpful getting it sorted. I just used a piece of Marshy's white vinyl and bought the numbers from Jan at registration - they're 50c each

I actually thought that your fancy 209 would sail through and my 1 would get pinged for looking like a 7.....! I didn't expect it to be the other way around.

It was funny to watch the number nazi at work from three bikes back. I was sure I was going to get pinged too!

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    It was funny to watch the number nazi at work from three bikes back. I was sure I was going to get pinged too!
    Here he is! How's WA mate? Got a bike yet????
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I actually thought that your fancy 209 would sail through and my 1 would get pinged for looking like a 7.....! I didn't expect it to be the other way around.
    Yea must be perks to having the #1 mate. Although I think you used up all your luck at scrutineering, you had a frustrating weekend bike setup wise.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Here he is! How's WA mate? Got a bike yet????
    WA's warm. Been hobbling around Curtin Uni campus in a moon boot.

Just come back from another X-ray. Doc over here concerned might be Lisfranc injury. Find out more on Mon.

No bike till I can walk, but missing track already.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Doc over here concerned might be Lisfranc injury. Find out more on Mon.
    Pffft. One of my bones in that area was, and I'm quoting the surgeon here, "pulverised", and I'm fine. Walk it off, son.

Pffft. One of my bones in that area was, and I'm quoting the surgeon here, "pulverised", and I'm fine. Walk it off, son.
    LOL - you're an ard man Marshy

I'm daring greatly, and this is my time.

Great Teddy quote!

I feel like I'm under the pump, time-wise, and only have a brief window to maximise indulgence of my passion for motorcycle racing. I sooooooo wish I'd started much earlier, and after I eventually did start I wish I then had the cash to keep at it. That's mostly why I'm so passionately against all this promoter and governing body infighting that is killing the sport (and has been since the early noughties).... if it wasn't for me aging as well, I'd just wait for them to all get old and quit. As it is, the window for me is closing fast, and I haven't got time for injuries!

I started racing about the time Wetty did, and he just told me a couple of days ago that the St George round last week was his last race meet, apart from the Barry Sheene. I convinced him to come and bash fairings again in November for St George, but the point is that none of us are getting any younger.

Stop this shit about age !!!

So Marshy, when you retire... do you feel like sponsoring a young up and coming rider?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    So Marshy, when you retire... do you feel like sponsoring a young up and coming rider?
    In 10 years when I retire, you'll be in MotoGP, Carl

ill take some sponsorship now then yeh youve easily got another 10 years... dad's 48 and still going, Oggy is older and just started!!! I can see you as one of those older guys who rocks up to a trackday and schools the young kids in 10 years time, walking frame attached to the bike...

Under the pump time wise is right. Imagine how it feels only starting in your 40s. Feels like you've already missed out :(
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Especially when you have another bub!

In 10 years when I retire, you'll be in MotoGP, Carl
    Retire! that's the age I took up racing. lol
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Thread Information